BFTG - Newport County (H)

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - Newport County (H)

by Hoop Blah » 13 Aug 2014 21:56

kwik-silva
Hoop Blah There certainly looked to be a lack of something around the performance but the quailty of our defending carried us through relatively easily. The chances Newport did create weren't too dangerous apart from perhaps a couple of good opportunities.

Yeah, but we did give them good opportunities. I'm surprised they didn't get another tbh.

They had a couple of decent chances. If they were good enough to convert more, when they actually didn't really trouble McCarthy, then they wouldn't be playing at the level they are.

I'd agree they might've sneaked another goal on a different night but, on the law of averages, they'd need to create more than they did against us to score mroe than a late consolation.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Newport County (H)

by Snowball » 14 Aug 2014 08:49

BR2

Couple that with the fact that we put out a strong side against one of the teams who are favourites for relegation to The Conference and we are no wiser about our best (available) side for the upcoming league game v Ipswich.

There are seven teams at lower odds than NCAFC. NCAFC themselves are quite optimistic, good squad, good manager.

They were on for a very good season last year but pitch problems meant many many postponements and they lost form.

I expect them to be challenging for POs at least.

Thought they had some very tidy players.