No
13%

Total votes: 209
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Have you taken to Steve Clarke yet?

by Snowball » 04 Feb 2015 11:25

You clowns make me laugh

If I'd included Watford you'd've said, "SC only had 48 hours in charge, that was an Adkins side."

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Feb 2015 11:37

MmmMonsterMunch LOL @ pointless interviews with Dellor being the catalyst for liking him or not. Surely morale, organisation, effort, tempo, performances, and ultimately results are more important?

With all due respect, if he wins every week he is welcome to say whatever the hell he wants to BBCRB!

How anyone can argue he is not doing better than Adkins is just :shock:

He is a tracksuit, salt of the earth kind of guy that doesn't talk for the sake of talking and players clearly like him. He's quite obviously an excellent man manager which is massive for us. Having such a good reputation will undoubtedly mean we can sign better quality players as they're likely to pick us over another chump club.

Only McClaren probably matches Clarke in this division. We're fcuking lucky to have him.

I don't get the idea that he feels we're beneath him at all & he has never come across that way. I suspect that's just Reading fans having an inferiority complex.

Like Brendy - I too am much more comfortable with the playing style.

A massive thumbs up from me. Just a shame he wasn't available when McD got the boot really...........

in many ways im glad he wasn't.
whoever took over from brian was always going to struggle to win over the fans

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Feb 2015 11:38

He is a tracksuit

agreed

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Feb 2015 12:02

SCIAG If we'd won against Watford, you'd be including it. If we'd lost our first cup match, you wouldn't be including it. Ian's selection is completely non-arbitrary, yours can only be described as biased.

I quite like that our form seems to be oscillating. If we keep going LDWDL then we'll average 1.2 points a match, which will see us safe.

Quite. Not sure how snowstat is confusing analysis with simple unmanipulated stats. Bit of a school boy error for a stats lecturer whose written books on zzzzzzzzzzzz.

I'm passing no comment other than that the results aren't anything special.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Feb 2015 12:13

MmmMonsterMunch :lol:

I see where he's coming from though. SC had less than 48 hours with the team prior to Watford didn't he? Anyways, we actually played well & IIRC McCleary made one silly error & Watford pounced.

We've only played badly in 2 games under Clarke so far - Huddersfield in the cup & Millwall last week. We came away with a win & draw - something we wouldn't have done under Adkins. We've created a shitload more chances as well.

Considering he's lost our main goal threat as well he's done pretty damn well I'd say.

It's a retarded argument because anyone who watched the game saw a big difference in how the team played and iirc Murray missed a hatrick of good chances, so only wasteful finishing and a sucker punch stopped us winning convincingly.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Feb 2015 12:17

sandman
RoyalBlue
MmmMonsterMunch LOL @ pointless interviews with Dellor being the catalyst for liking him or not. Surely morale, organisation, effort, tempo, performances, and ultimately results are more important?

With all due respect, if he wins every week he is welcome to say whatever the hell he wants to BBCRB!

How anyone can argue he is not doing better than Adkins is just :shock:

He is a tracksuit, salt of the earth kind of guy that doesn't talk for the sake of talking and players clearly like him. He's quite obviously an excellent man manager which is massive for us. Having such a good reputation will undoubtedly mean we can sign better quality players as they're likely to pick us over another chump club.

Only McClaren probably matches Clarke in this division. We're fcuking lucky to have him.

The jury should still be out on this one, just as it should have been on any other manager who might have been appointed. It's still very early days.

And a word of caution, I am told (by someone who I am led to believe is just one person away from inside West Brom) that Clarke did a great job for WBA in the Championship but then lost the dressing room (I know that I have previously questioned whether that ever really happens in reality) when they got to the top tier, which is why is was fired.

Needless to say, we have probably got at least another season before we have to start to worry about that scenario!

He didn't manage them in the Championship.

Lol

#itk

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 04 Feb 2015 12:30

Angry Shed Sex
Snowball That's a truly rubbish and biased analysis.

I'm struck by the fantastic irony of this statement from a man who refuses to add a managers first game into statistics and then proceeds to include completely different competitions to backup his point.

It's almost post of the year material.

You'll enjoy this HoF thread:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=103799

(starts in earnest on p4).

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Feb 2015 12:36

sandman
Royal Blue And a word of caution, I am told (by someone who I am led to believe is just one person away from inside West Brom) that Clarke did a great job for WBA in the Championship but then lost the dressing room (I know that I have previously questioned whether that ever really happens in reality) when they got to the top tier, which is why is was fired

Needless to say, we have probably got at least another season before we have to start to worry about that scenario!.

He didn't manage them in the Championship.

:lol:

ROFLoyaLOL bLOLue.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Feb 2015 12:41

My favourite Snowball stats-belch was when he provided reams of data to prove why we should beat a Bristol City side well below us in the table at the time.

FT: Reading 0-2 Bristol City

:lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Feb 2015 12:46

We don't even need loads of analysis to prove we are better than we were before. Anecdotally I can remind us all we were regularly shipping 3 goals a game in the autumn. The game before we changed manager we let in 6. We have conceded the same amount In the 7 league matches under Clarke. The key worry is whether we have enough talent up front to get the goals to take us beyond 50 points, we can't rely on keeping clean sheets every week.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 Feb 2015 13:34

RB your source clearly talks a lot of nonsense seeing as Di Matteo managed them in the chump :lol:

Lots of Baggies fans have since come out saying he wasn't given a fair crack & that people were meddling behind the scenes. I'm sorry but it seems apparent that OUR players are behind him as he actually has a plan that works with the resources we currently have available.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Feb 2015 14:42

floyd__streete The key worry is whether we have enough talent up front to get the goals to take us beyond 50 points, we can't rely on keeping clean sheets every week.

if we keep a clean sheet in all our remaining games we're guaranteed at least 50 points.....
Risky strategy though

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Feb 2015 14:55

Haag Royal However surely if he is asked why the best player on the pitch v Fulham is dropped to the bench 2 games later then isn't it to be expected that he gives an answer? What's to hide? Sure he may not want to answer but that's why he's paid what he's paid and I pay for my season ticket each year.

If it wasn't such a bloody stupid question with an obvious answer he might not've dodged it.

McCleary had been injured for a decent length of time and then played 90 minutes at Fulham and Cardiff. To ask him to start again on the Tuesday when he's had issues coming back from injury in the past would've been asking for trouble, As it is he still played half an hour but for an issue to be made out of it is just plain daft.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 04 Feb 2015 16:38

Yes, yes I have.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 04 Feb 2015 17:42

Ouroboros
Angry Shed Sex
Snowball That's a truly rubbish and biased analysis.

I'm struck by the fantastic irony of this statement from a man who refuses to add a managers first game into statistics and then proceeds to include completely different competitions to backup his point.

It's almost post of the year material.

You'll enjoy this HoF thread:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=103799

(starts in earnest on p4).

Snowball
Sebastian No. Switching will statistically result in a win 200/300 times (not 150/300) if there are 3 cups and one prize.

I don't think that's right. Even the thickest punter would know that.

It would be part of gambling "law"

I can "get" the original choice was 1 in 3, and a switch changes to 1 in 2.

Test it empirically. I have, and no way do you win 2/3 of the time by switching

Don't set questions and try to be smug if you don't actually know, or understand, the answer.

What you've said is: 'if you don't switch you win 1/3 of the time. if you do switch you win 1/2 of the time'.

Have a read of that sentence and then realise why you are a complete and utter spastic. Are you saying you draw the other 1/6 of the time?

You agree that by sticking you can only win 1/3 of the time? Then in the very oxf*rd definition of probability, by switching you MUST win 2/3 of the time.

Maybe it's best if you just stay away from statistics, eh? Entirely. Please? For all of our sakes.

EDIT: I apologise for my tone, but it's a oxf*rd huge LOL from me that the guy who spams the entire board with mindless statistics and related drivel doesn't actually understand what he's writing.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Feb 2015 17:53

You've got the quotes the wrong way round. It was snowball who was being a div and seb who was explaining snowball was a div.

Otherwise... it's a delight. :lol:

Some very good explanations in there.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 04 Feb 2015 22:22

melonhead in many ways im glad he wasn't.

I'm glad he wasnt as well, because then you the like would have had a vendetta against Clarke instead.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Feb 2015 22:26

Haven't heard from RoyalBlue in a while, embarrassment?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 Feb 2015 00:14

RoyallyFcuked
melonhead in many ways im glad he wasn't.

I'm glad he wasnt as well, because then you the like would have had a vendetta against Clarke instead.

Lol

No vendetta, no campaign of hate
I gave him a long Time to prove Himself and simply and slowly Came to the conclusion he had to go around the same time as the board.

But I never felt he belonged
And I'm Big enough to admit much of that stems from the way he came into the club, through no fault of His own.

Adkins was just another victim of our period Of Russian madness in many ways.
Never stood a chance.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 05 Feb 2015 10:17

Hoop Blah
Haag Royal However surely if he is asked why the best player on the pitch v Fulham is dropped to the bench 2 games later then isn't it to be expected that he gives an answer? What's to hide? Sure he may not want to answer but that's why he's paid what he's paid and I pay for my season ticket each year.

If it wasn't such a bloody stupid question with an obvious answer he might not've dodged it.

McCleary had been injured for a decent length of time and then played 90 minutes at Fulham and Cardiff. To ask him to start again on the Tuesday when he's had issues coming back from injury in the past would've been asking for trouble, As it is he still played half an hour but for an issue to be made out of it is just plain daft.

And you think it was beyond him to say that rather than get the hump?

363 posts