CONFIMRED - George Evans

198 posts
West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: George Evans

by West Stand Man » 19 Jan 2016 14:12

Sutekh
winchester_royal Tbh I will be staggered if he's only been brought in to play U21 football for the rest of the season. He was impressing for a team at the top of League 1 for the first half of the season, was playing regular football, and seems to be at the age now where he'll want to be playing competitive football week in week out. He could play U21 football at Man City for the next 6 months with better coaches/facilities/players than here, so there's no reason why he'd come here just to do that.

Have to say we are overloaded with midfielders at all levels at the moment.

Assuming we get this bloke then would suggest the Williams will be leaving this month or the summer when his contract expires while Fernandez will certainly be returning to Spain and Taylor will be released. This would leave 4 players battling for 2 central midfield places; Quinn, Toshiba, Evans and Norwood. This would be the expected competition.

Not sure what it means for the likes of Kuhl though, perhaps he'll be released as he's not made any real impact on the first team, unlike several of his peers.

I am not sure why Taylor the left back is affected by this signing? Otherwise I can also see some movement to offload a couple of the loanees to make a bit of financial space to bring in players that we actually need. Fernandez is a frontrunner to leave as he hasn't been used much at all - I'd be intrigued to know if SC actually wanted him or was he thrust on him by the board? Piazon, still looks like an early return candidate and I would hope that they are having a serious think about Hector too (unless there is some financial deal
that is to our benefit). To be honest, my inclination would be to send Vydra back too; he certainly has got a lot of talent, we just aren't seeing the effect of it here in the quantities that we should be (I suspect that this one is not going to happen as the financial losses would be too marked).

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Jan 2016 14:22

West Stand Man I am not sure why Taylor the left back is affected by this signing?

Jake Taylor.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Jan 2016 14:23

winchester_royal He could play U21 football at Man City for the next 6 months with better coaches/facilities/players than here, so there's no reason why he'd come here just to do that.

Reading currently 4th, Man City 6th in the Premier Leagur U21 table... :wink:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Jan 2016 14:31

Royal Rother
winchester_royal He could play U21 football at Man City for the next 6 months with better coaches/facilities/players than here, so there's no reason why he'd come here just to do that.

Doesn't mean a thing in the long term, Southampton are in 8th, Arsenal are 2nd in the league below. You're not gonna tell me we have a better set up than them?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 19 Jan 2016 14:57

Royal Rother

:lol: fair point.

Somehow doubt he's moving to have a better chance of winning an U21 league winners medal though

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 19 Jan 2016 15:11

Sutekh
winchester_royal Tbh I will be staggered if he's only been brought in to play U21 football for the rest of the season. He was impressing for a team at the top of League 1 for the first half of the season, was playing regular football, and seems to be at the age now where he'll want to be playing competitive football week in week out. He could play U21 football at Man City for the next 6 months with better coaches/facilities/players than here, so there's no reason why he'd come here just to do that.

Have to say we are overloaded with midfielders at all levels at the moment.

Assuming we get this bloke then would suggest the Williams will be leaving this month or the summer when his contract expires while Fernandez will certainly be returning to Spain and Taylor will be released. This would leave 4 players battling for 2 central midfield places; Quinn, Toshiba, Evans and Norwood. This would be the expected competition.

Not sure what it means for the likes of Kuhl though, perhaps he'll be released as he's not made any real impact on the first team, unlike several of his peers.

Williams isn't out of contract this summer.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 19 Jan 2016 15:25

This sounds like a very promising signing. Much more in line with the so called Reading way.

His background looks very Steve Sidwell-esque to me when Sidwell was a young lad at Arsenal having had loan spells at Brighton and Brentford and then joined the Royals at the age of 20 or 21. George Evans looks similar from that respect.

This will hopefully be a very good long-term signing for us.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 19 Jan 2016 15:40

tidus_mi2
West Stand Man I am not sure why Taylor the left back is affected by this signing?

Jake Taylor.

Ah ŷes, I see! Mind you, he isn't on loan so the confusion was easy.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Jan 2016 15:43

A midfield 3 of Tish, Norwood and Evans (by all accounts) sounds tasty.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Jan 2016 15:44

Apparently this guy was Steve Sidwell's inspiration.

"I've always wanted to play like George Evans. He's twice the footballer I'll ever be." Steve Sidwell.

Sounds promising to me because Sidders wasn't too bad himself.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Jan 2016 15:52

West Stand Man
tidus_mi2

Jake Taylor.

Ah ŷes, I see! Mind you, he isn't on loan so the confusion was easy.

I won't blame anyone for forgetting about Jake Taylor.

RustyRoyal

by RustyRoyal » 19 Jan 2016 16:55

Apparently it's a free transfer with bonuses for appearances :shock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 19 Jan 2016 17:15

Oilroyal We're a club well regarded by other clubs for developing players over a couple of seasons and then selling them at a profit with City benefiting from this with decent sell on fee which will be the deal.

If the Daily Mail is correct...On a Free from City, this supports the above theory.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 19 Jan 2016 18:49

Confirmed

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 19 Jan 2016 18:52

Good luck to the lad, looks to have bags of potential, welcome.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jan 2016 18:55

Oilroyal
Oilroyal We're a club well regarded by other clubs for developing players over a couple of seasons and then selling them at a profit with City benefiting from this with decent sell on fee which will be the deal.

If the Daily Mail is correct...On a Free from City, this supports the above theory.

Fook off!

If it's a free it's fantastic business. Virtually zero risk, massive potential reward in footballing terms and financial terms.

I'll take this sort of signing every day of the week over Austin for £4m, KeROFLmoROFLgent for £3m or Rhodes for, LMFAO, £10m+

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 19 Jan 2016 19:02

Ian Royal
Oilroyal

Fook off!

If it's a free it's fantastic business. Virtually zero risk, massive potential reward in footballing terms and financial terms.

I'll take this sort of signing every day of the week over Austin for £4m, KeROFLmoROFLgent for £3m or Rhodes for, LMFAO, £10m+

Agreed nothing wrong with this at.. So Fook off yourself

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 19 Jan 2016 19:03

K.URZ13

by K.URZ13 » 19 Jan 2016 19:08

Delighted with this. Tshibola and Evans sounds like it could be a solid CM pairing for a few years to come.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 19 Jan 2016 19:11

Confirmed on Reading Fc's website, Evans has signed a three and half year deal. BM saw him while scouting for Arsenal, so it seems as though it is a player he wanted. No mention of a fee, though.
Last edited by The Royal Forester on 19 Jan 2016 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

198 posts