CONFIMRED - Liam Moore

226 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR- Liam Moore

by Sutekh » 08 Aug 2016 11:48

Ian Royal
Royalwaster
UpNorth Strange that he has been given a new contract - could be a ploy to get more cash for him if he is sold.

This latest development still leaves the loan option in play.

'Offered' is not 'given' .... he might refuse it and seek a transfer instead.

It'd be a bit surprising to seem him turn down almost certainly significantly more money and a Premier League team in order to come and probably be mid-table Championship with us.

Also there is a very attractive lure or working with Japp Stam who may well be a schoolboy hero of Moore for all we know. So I could easily see that, and regular first team football, trumping another year or two getting the odd game here and there in the PL.

Plus the EP quotes the following today...

Reports even emerged over the weekend that they had offered Moore a new three-year deal in a bid to keep him at the King Power stadium.

But it is understood Moore wants to move to Madejski Stadium to work with Stam having fallen out of favour with Claudio Ranieri.

And a tweet he sent on Sunday evening suggests he hopes something can be finalised within the next few days.

The 23-year-old said: “Let’ see what this week brings.”

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Aug 2016 13:08

Also quotes
But despite the Premier League champions opting not to give a centre-back a squad number for the new season, they have been reluctant to do business with Royals.

I'm not surprised tbh. They are probably still bitter about that time we fleeced them £5m for Matt Mills.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Aug 2016 13:42

CountryRoyal Also quotes
But despite the Premier League champions opting not to give a centre-back a squad number for the new season, they have been reluctant to do business with Royals.

I'm not surprised tbh. They are probably still bitter about that time we fleeced them £5m for Matt Mills.

fair point!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 09 Aug 2016 11:12

:roll: - fcuk you Leicester

Reading hope to complete the signing of Liam Moore before Saturday’s game at Wolves.

After weeks of negotiations with Leicester City for the defender, the ongoing transfer saga has taken a fresh twist.

Royals were hoping to snap up the 23-year-old on a permanent deal, but getreading understands he is now expected to arrive at Madejski Stadium on loan for the season - having signed a new contract with the Premier League champions.

The loan agreement will include a clause which will allow Reading to sign him on a permanent deal at the end of the 2016/17 season.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Aug 2016 11:46

TBM Royals were hoping to snap up the 23-year-old on a permanent deal, but getreading understands he is now expected to arrive at Madejski Stadium on loan for the season - having signed a new contract with the Premier League champions.

The loan agreement will include a clause which will allow Reading to sign him on a permanent deal at the end of the 2016/17 season.

Compromise agreement maybe? Leicester bumping up the price, Reading saying there's no proof right now he's worth that, so they agree Reading will borrow him, and possibly buy (at the inflated price, less a bit) at the end of the season.

Better for us in a way, we get to try him out first.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Aug 2016 11:52

I was against it being a loan, I still am but at least there is an agreed fee at the end of it. So it sounds like we're going to be paying more than the £1m we offered if we want to make it permanent, hopefully it will be worth it, also promising that he wanted to come here to work under Stam, hardly surprising a young defender wants to come and work under a former, world class defender.

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 09 Aug 2016 12:00

Pretty happy with this as an outcome. No harm in try before you buy and if Stam turns him into an absolute gem, presume an end of season purchase price is pre agreed. No harm in a loan or two, particularly as in this case, when the player has expressed a genuine interest in joining the club/manager, rather than just robbing a wage

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Aug 2016 12:02

Let's hope it works out as well as the Glenn Murray transfer.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 09 Aug 2016 12:03

tidus_mi2 I was against it being a loan, I still am but at least there is an agreed fee at the end of it. So it sounds like we're going to be paying more than the £1m we offered if we want to make it permanent, hopefully it will be worth it, also promising that he wanted to come here to work under Stam, hardly surprising a young defender wants to come and work under a former, world class defender.

Remember when we had agreed a fee for Glenn Murray, when we took him on loan, and then when it came round to it, Pardew blocked the move and instead kept him.

The agreed fee with Leicester is only if they want to sell him - If Stam turns him into the next big thing then he won't be joining us next season.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Aug 2016 12:14

TBM
tidus_mi2 I was against it being a loan, I still am but at least there is an agreed fee at the end of it. So it sounds like we're going to be paying more than the £1m we offered if we want to make it permanent, hopefully it will be worth it, also promising that he wanted to come here to work under Stam, hardly surprising a young defender wants to come and work under a former, world class defender.

Remember when we had agreed a fee for Glenn Murray, when we took him on loan, and then when it came round to it, Pardew blocked the move and instead kept him.

The agreed fee with Leicester is only if they want to sell him - If Stam turns him into the next big thing then he won't be joining us next season.

And we'll get to see Murray next week when he turns up with Brighton.....

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Aug 2016 12:17

TBM

That was a different case, by all accounts it sounded like there was no clause in Murray's loan deal for an agreed fee, it was just something pre-arranged then Palace decided they wanted to keep him instead.

It could end up being a similar situation, or it could actually be a pre-agreed price that they will have to accept if we offer it. It's as muirinho said, it could be that Leicester offered Moore a new deal and wanted more than we thought he was worth and this loan will be to decide whether he is worth Leicester's valuation of him.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 09 Aug 2016 12:21

Sutekh
TBM

And we'll get to see Murray next week when he turns up with Brighton.....

Friends Reunited with Sidwell and Norwood as well.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Aug 2016 12:33

Sounds like

Reading: "We want to sign Liam Moore, he has 1 year on his contract and £1m sounds like a good deal"
Leicester: "We'll think about it"
Liam Moore: "I want to go to Reading to play under Jaap Stam"
Leicester to Reading: "Liam is worth more than £1m"
Reading: "Not with a year on his contract"
Liam Moore: "I want to go to Reading"
Leicester: "If they don't pay more then you're staying here."
Liam Moore: "I want to play or go".
Leicester: "If you don't sign a new contract you aren't in the 25 man squad so you'll rot in the reserves this season, a year is a lot to lose aged 23. If you sign it you can go out on loan and we'll sell you in the summer"
Liam Moore: "sigh.... fine. If I sign this you'll let me go?"
Leicester to Moore: "Yes. Sign."
-Moore signs-
Leicester to Reading: "If you want Moore you can have him on loan and he'll cost you X/Y/Z next season, he now has 3 years on his contract."
Reading: "Bastards. You win this round. Deal."

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Aug 2016 12:36

They may have won this round but after us giving them Matt Mills, we are still winning overall :D

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Aug 2016 12:47

maffff Sounds like

Reading: "We want to sign Liam Moore, he has 1 year on his contract and £1m sounds like a good deal"
Leicester: "We'll think about it"
Liam Moore: "I want to go to Reading to play under Jaap Stam"
Leicester to Reading: "Liam is worth more than £1m"
Reading: "Not with a year on his contract"
Liam Moore: "I want to go to Reading"
Leicester: "If they don't pay more then you're staying here."
Liam Moore: "I want to play or go".
Leicester: "If you don't sign a new contract you aren't in the 25 man squad so you'll rot in the reserves this season, a year is a lot to lose aged 23. If you sign it you can go out on loan and we'll sell you in the summer"
Liam Moore: "sigh.... fine. If I sign this you'll let me go?"
Leicester to Moore: "Yes. Sign."
-Moore signs-
Leicester to Reading: "If you want Moore you can have him on loan and he'll cost you X/Y/Z next season, he now has 3 years on his contract."
Reading: "Bastards. You win this round. Deal."

Seems pretty accurate to be fair, Leicester probably played this situation as well as they could.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2016 14:20

Hendo They may have won this round but after us giving them Matt Mills, we are still winning overall :D

+1

Sorry to be a bit thick.. Is Moore a certain improvement on Cooper? Or even McShane?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Aug 2016 14:34

NewCorkSeth
Hendo They may have won this round but after us giving them Matt Mills, we are still winning overall :D

+1

Sorry to be a bit thick.. Is Moore a certain improvement on Cooper? Or even McShane?

He was part of the Championship title winning Leicester squad of a few seasons ago so obviously has some quality, off what there is to go on I'd say he's definitely above Cooper and at least on par with McShane.

Cooper is a couple years younger so does have room to improve but it should be noted that Moore was younger than Cooper is now when he was a regular in Leicester's Championship winning squad.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2016 14:50

tidus_mi2
NewCorkSeth

+1

He was part of the Championship title winning Leicester squad of a few seasons ago so obviously has some quality, off what there is to go on I'd say he's definitely above Cooper and at least on par with McShane.

Cooper is a couple years younger so does have room to improve but it should be noted that Moore was younger than Cooper is now when he was a regular in Leicester's Championship winning squad.

I mean I get that yes but in my brief internet research I found that the title winning season was to only season in his 5 year with Leicester he wasnt sent out on loan.

Their first season in the Premier league he was shipped of in February where he made a staggering 3 appearances despite suffering no injury.. Then last season he spent roughly 18 games on loan at Bristol but only appeared in 10 of them.

I like Cooper and 49 apps 4 goals is a fairly good return considering how shit we are at set pieces. Iirc Leicesters turning point in that season was bringing in Huth on loan to replace him at CB. I guess I feel like hes someone clearly not good enough for the premier league and I (sigh) would rather see us give game time to Cooper who hasnt done much wrong really..

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Aug 2016 14:52

tidus_mi2
NewCorkSeth

+1

IMO the centre back pecking order should be...

1. McShane
2. Moore
3. Cooper
4. Gravenberch (apparently can double up as a DM)
5. Dickie (has played right back as well and I would expect to have a couple of short term loans this season)

However it seems Berg is preferred ahead of Cooper so I presume that JS thinks that options 3, 4 and 5 are just not up to Championship standard given the way he wants to play (...yet).
Last edited by Sutekh on 09 Aug 2016 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2016 14:54

Sutekh
tidus_mi2
NewCorkSeth +1

IMO the centre back pecking order should be...

1. McShane
2. Moore
3. Cooper
4. Gravenberch (apparently can double up as a DM)
5. Dickie (has played right back as well and I would expect to have a couple of short term loans this season)

However it seems Berg is preferred ahead of Cooper so I presume that JS thinks that options 3, 4 and 5 are just not up to Championship standard (...yet).

But is that in your HONEST opinion?

226 posts