Luton at home

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Luton at home

by Hound » 17 Dec 2021 11:16

South Coast Royal
Hound not altogether too upset though frustrating for the club. I was struggling to be able to make it anyway and should give us a bit more time to get some injured players back in the squad

Swings and roundabouts-Swift might be gone and Carroll might be injured come February. :cry:

indeed. And I'm sure we'll probably injure a few more in training anyway to make up for it

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Luton at home

by SCIAG » 17 Dec 2021 20:27

tidus_mi2
SCIAG Actually can’t remember what my reaction was when Brentford cancelled, but suspect I might have said that they should forfeit.

Would have loved to have seen a weird patchwork side. But the cup game earlier in the season wasn’t exactly entertaining.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=188265&hilit=Brentford&start=60
You were probably the only one calling for it to be fair.

Yep that's fair. My personal views have shifted in the last few months. Before this game was called off I had supported postponing e.g. the Spurs game. But I will acknowledge the potential hypocrisy!

I guess my view now would be one to encourage players to get vaccinated:

- matches can be suspended if you have less than 13 available players (including 1 goalkeeper). Scholars and schoolboys do not count but all professionals do.
- However, if someone is unavailable for COVID reasons and isn't up to date on their vaccines, they count as "available".
- If a team cannot play despite having 13 "available" players (including a goalkeeper) then they forfeit the match.