Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 01 Jan 2007 02:32

OK, checked TiVo Guide thingy again, our game appears to be live on Setanta Xtra on DirecTV channel 670. It will also be on Normal Setanta (615) delayed 2 hours at noon Eastern.

Guess I'll find out in the morning.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 09 Jan 2007 02:32

Postponed Cup tie
Burnley (H) Tuesday 9th January: Nuttin' doin', folks. Maybe it'll make the FA Cup Third Round Highlights Show, which is scheduled to air from 8:00 PM Eastern on Wednesday 10th January on FSC

Next up in the League
Everton (A) Sunday 14th January: Airs LIVE on Setanta from 8:45 AM Eastern. Re-airs same-day from 7:00 PM and again Monday morning from 7:00 AM; also on Thursday from 4:45 PM and on Friday from 6:00 AM --all times Eastern and all showings on Setanta.

Extended highlights to air on Premier League Review Show on FSC first-time from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday 14th January, with repeat airtimes on FSC from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM Monday; 11:00 PM Wednesday; 5:00 AM Thursday; and 4:00 AM and 3:00 PM Friday (all times Eastern)

After that
Sheffield United (H) Saturday 20th January: Appears that this one will not air in North America; extended highlights set to air on Premier League Review Show on FSC first-time from 8:00 PM Sunday 21st January and again from 5:00 AM Monday (times Eastern), with repeat airtimes during the following week to be announced

Please see first post in this thread if looking farther ahead

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 11 Jan 2007 22:23

Just a reminder: Everton (A) on Sunday 14th January airs LIVE on Setanta from 8:45 AM Eastern. For most, minus those lucky souls with DirecTV at home, this means off to the pub first thing Sunday morning hereabouts --and phoning first is recommended.

For re-air times or if planning farther ahead, please see preceding post and the first post in this thread for a look into mid-February.

For now, that is all.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 11 Jan 2007 23:22

Think I'll just hook up the old Sopcast and try my luck at home.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 19 Jan 2007 16:47

Last call for highlights from Everton today --Friday the 19th-- on Premier League Review Show from 3:00 PM Eastern on FSC

The next three
Sheffield United (H) Saturday 20th January: Will not air in North America; extended highlights set to air on Premier League Review Show on FSC first-time from 8:00 PM Sunday 21st January and again from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM Monday; from 1:00 PM Wednesday; from 2:00 AM and 5:00 AM Thursday; and from 4:00 AM and 3:00 PM Friday (all times Eastern and on FSC)

Birmingham City (A) FA Cup Fourth Round Saturday 27th January: Not known; live telecast from Saturday 3:00 kickoffs has not been announced yet, but I'll post what I know as soon as I know it. FA Cup Fourth Round Highlights Show currently scheduled for 6:00 PM Eastern on Thursday 1st February on FSC

Wigan Athletic (H) Tuesday 30th January: Airs LIVE on Setanta Xtra (DirecTV Channel 670) from 3:00 PM Eastern (check with your local before heading down if you wish to view it live). Airs immediately after the final whistle on Setanta Sports Channel (DirecTV Channel 615) from 5:00 PM Eastern. Additional airings scheduled same-day from 11:00 PM Eastern and from 7:00 AM Wednesday morning the 31st --all times Eastern and on Setanta

Please see first post in this thread if interested in a look ahead to mid-February

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 20 Jan 2007 22:48

Sheffield United (H) Saturday 20th January: Did not air in North America; first chance to see highlights will be tonite (Saturday) on Sky Sports News' 11:00 PM report airing first-time in the States from 7:00 PM Eastern on FSC (it's delayed one hour over here). The Fox Soccer Report airs first-time from 10:00 PM tonite and repeats from 1:00 AM Sunday morning (times Eastern and on FSC). No guarantees that match highlights will air on either, but worth a look if one is in front of a TV.

In any case, extended match highlights are set to air on Premier League Review Show on FSC first-time from 8:00 PM Sunday 21st January and again from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM Monday; from 1:00 PM Wednesday; from 2:00 AM and 5:00 AM Thursday; and from 4:00 AM and 3:00 PM Friday (all times Eastern and on FSC)

Still don't know about the FA Cup Fourth Round tie away to Brum next Saturday; Wigan (H) scheduled for live airing on Setanta Xtra on 30th January; Man City (A) penciled in for same-day DELAY on FSC 3rd February; and Villa (H) to air LIVE on Setanta 10th February --please see first post in this thread for more complete details

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 21 Jan 2007 03:34

RoyalChicagoFC Sheffield United (H) Saturday 20th January: Did not air in North America; first chance to see highlights will be tonite (Saturday) on Sky Sports News' 11:00 PM report airing first-time in the States from 7:00 PM Eastern on FSC (it's delayed one hour over here). The Fox Soccer Report airs first-time from 10:00 PM tonite and repeats from 1:00 AM Sunday morning (times Eastern and on FSC). No guarantees that match highlights will air on either, but worth a look if one is in front of a TV.

Caught on FSC today for the first time "Super Saturday Plus", at 4:15 Eastern. They showed the goals and the sending off - and Wally's "push". No idea why I have not noticed this show before - but anyway an FYI in case you didn't know.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 24 Jan 2007 16:24

In a thread since locked,
kevan Will miss my first match of the season on Tuesday when I will be in Seattle - any suggestions or places to look to watch or hear the match (Radio Berks I know already)

Help - thanks to any US Royals

Right, so to lay it out:

--The Wigan match kicks off at noon Seattle time on Tuesday 30th January
--It airs LIVE on a satellite channel (Setanta Xtra, available on DirecTV channel 670) that likely will cause you to have to find a place to go and watch it
--It airs in full on a DELAYED basis on Setanta Sports Channel (DirecTV channel 615) at the top of the hour immediately after the final whistle (i.e., 2:00 PM Seattle time), same day

From this list of Setanta-subscribed venues within an unspecified radius of downtown Seattle, I have found this place, with the direct link showing that the venue has the Wigan game on its TV schedule. However, it is scheduled to air at that venue not from noon, but instead from 2:00 PM, which to me would indicate that:

A.) The venue does not receive Setanta Xtra (for the live telecast); OR
B.) The venue does in fact receive Setanta Xtra but will not be showing the Wigan game live for some reason (such as not enough TVs to handle all of the live fare going at once on that particular afternoon); OR
C.) The venue does in fact receive Setanta Xtra and will in fact be showing the Wigan game live but, for whatever reason, chose not to list it as a live telecast from noon

In any case, the place looks a good bet. Once in town, I'd phone there (or anyplace else) first and get the full skinny, and here's an interactive map showing its location (Point B) relative to another venue on the list that is closer to downtown Seattle, near the baseball and gridiron stadia (Point A).

Rotza ruck --given a willingness on your part, you should be well covered in one way or another, and I'd be interested to learn how it all shakes out.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 29 Jan 2007 18:03

Right, some confirmations of airtimes have come thru today, so here's a look thru the next couple of weeks...

Next up
Wigan Athletic (H) Tuesday 30th January: Airs LIVE on Setanta Xtra (DirecTV Channel 670) from 3:00 PM Eastern (check with your local before heading down if you wish to view it live).

The match re-airs at the top of the hour immediately after the final whistle on Setanta Sports Channel (DirecTV Channel 615) from 5:00 PM Eastern. Additional airings scheduled same-day from 11:00 PM Eastern Tuesday evening and from 7:00 AM Wednesday morning the 31st --all times Eastern and on Setanta

Cup Highlights Show
Extended FA Cup Fourth Round match highlights from Birmingham scheduled to air from 6:00 PM Eastern on Thursday 1st February on FSC; the show runs for one hour, and its precise content is not known

After that
Manchester City (A) Saturday 3rd February: Airs first-time on same-day DELAY from 2:15 PM Eastern on FSC and on Fox Sports World Canada from 5:00 PM Eastern. Repeats in full from 2:00 AM Sunday the 4th and again from 2:00 AM Tuesday the 6th (times Eastern and on FSC)

Extended highlights to air on Premier League Review Show airing first-time on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday 4th February.

And then...
Aston Villa (H) Saturday 10th February: Now confirmed as scheduled to air LIVE on Setanta from 7:45 AM Eastern on Saturday 10th February (and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Sky for making necessary a 5:00 AM wakeup and trip to the pub on my birthday). Repeats same-day from 4:00 PM Eastern, again on Setanta; additional airtimes, if any, to be announced

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 01 Feb 2007 15:58

Details of the Cup tie away to United have been announced, but first...

Cup Highlights Show
Extended FA Cup Fourth Round match highlights from Birmingham scheduled to air from 6:00 PM Eastern on Thursday 1st February on FSC; the show runs for one hour, and its precise content is not known

Next match
Manchester City (A) Saturday 3rd February: Airs first-time on same-day DELAY from 2:15 PM Eastern on FSC and on Fox Sports World Canada from 5:00 PM Eastern. Repeats in full from 2:00 AM Sunday the 4th and again from 2:00 AM Tuesday the 6th --times Eastern and on FSC

Extended highlights to air on Premier League Review Show airing first-time on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday 4th February. Repeats on Monday from 5:00 AM, 6:00 PM and 11:00 PM; again from 5:00 AM Thursday; and from 4:00 AM and 3:00 PM Friday (all times Eastern and on FSC)

After that
Aston Villa (H) Saturday 10th February: Airs LIVE on Setanta from 7:45 AM Eastern on Saturday 10th February (and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Sky for making necessary a 5:00 AM wakeup and trip to the pub on my birthday). Repeats same-day from 4:00 PM and again from 2:00 AM Sunday, times Eastern and on Setanta

Extended match highlights set to air on Premier League Review Show airing first time on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday 11th February, and again from 5:00 AM Monday; additional airtimes throughout the week to be announced

And just as I had suspected...
Manchester United (A) FA Cup Fifth Round: Scheduled for LIVE, PAY-PER-VIEW telecast in the States --so much for increasing the club's global profile, international "branding" and all of that other good stuff. Instead, it will be available EXCLUSIVELY on DirecTV, DISH Network, iNDemand, and TVN residential PPV in the U.S. for a fee of $15.95 (which no one will mind, as of course we're all filthy rich and well appreciate being treated as such)

Also available on closed-circuit TV at selected pubs and restaurants in the U.S. for the nice, round sum of $10.00, which no doubt includes the privilege in watching it in the company of a roomful of cheerfully humble ManGoo supporters --yippee! Telecast begins at noon Eastern on Saturday 17th February, with kickoff scheduled for 12:15 PM. A delayed telecast on FSC during the following week is likely but unnanounced as of now. Precedent leads me to believe that it may be broadcast live in Canada on Fox Sports World, but this is unconfirmed at present

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 03 Feb 2007 18:40

Right, just to remind --delayed telecast in full on FSC after Boro-Arsenal goes final, with kickoff after 2:15 PM Eastern.

Airs north of the border on Fox Sports World Canada from 5:00 PM this afternoon.

See preceding post and the thread-starter for news about future matches.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 08 Feb 2007 15:26

Next up
Aston Villa (H) Saturday 10th February: Airs LIVE on Setanta from 7:45 AM Eastern on Saturday 10th February. Repeats same-day from 4:00 PM and again from 2:30 AM Sunday; from 5:00 PM Tuesday; and from 7:00 AM Wednesday (times Eastern and on Setanta; repeat listings subject to change). Also airs LIVE in Canada on Rogers Sportsnet from 7:45 AM Eastern

Extended match highlights set to air on Premier League Review Show airing first time on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday 11th February; airs again from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM Monday; from 5:00 AM Thursday; and from 4:00 AM and 3:00 PM Friday

In the meantime...
Manchester City (A) Saturday 3rd February: Extended highlights air on Premier League Review Show on Friday from 4:00 AM and again from 3:00 PM --times Eastern and on FSC

England U21s v. Spain U21s Tuesday 6th February (starring Leroy Lita!): Repeat airing in full on FSC from 3:00 PM Eastern on Thursday (today)

England full internationals v. Spain Wednesday 7th February: Airs once more on FSC from 5:00 PM Eastern on Saturday

And after all of that, raising the global profile --at a price
Manchester United (A) FA Cup Fifth Round Saturday 17th February: Scheduled for LIVE, PAY-PER-VIEW telecast in the States --so much for increasing the club's global profile, international "branding" and all of that other good stuff. Instead, it will be available EXCLUSIVELY on DirecTV, DISH Network, iNDemand, and TVN residential PPV in the U.S. for a fee of $15.95

Also available on closed-circuit TV at selected pubs and restaurants in the U.S. for the nice, round sum of $10.00, which no doubt includes the privilege in watching it in the company of a roomful of cheerfully humble ManGoo supporters --yippee! Telecast begins at noon Eastern on Saturday 17th February, with kickoff scheduled for 12:15 PM

Also airs LIVE in CANADA on Fox Sports World Canada from 12:15 PM Eastern

A delayed full telecast in the States during the following week is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday the 20th at 5:00 PM Eastern on FSC

Please see first post in this thread if looking farther ahead; not much more there than what you see here

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 08 Feb 2007 18:34

Is this our first PPV? We've arrived!

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 08 Feb 2007 21:46

Arch Is this our first PPV? We've arrived!

Nope I think i'm right in saying Both Man U and Chelsea home were PPV

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 08 Feb 2007 22:09

RoyalChicagoFC Next up
Aston Villa (H) Saturday 10th February: Airs LIVE on Setanta from 7:45 AM Eastern on Saturday 10th February. Repeats same-day from 4:00 PM and again from 2:30 AM Sunday; from 5:00 PM Tuesday; and from 7:00 AM Wednesday (times Eastern and on Setanta; repeat listings subject to change). Also airs LIVE in Canada on Rogers Sportsnet from 7:45 AM Eastern

Pancakes, coffee and then Guinness in The Globe again RC?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 08 Feb 2007 23:28

Next up

Dangerous Pancakes, coffee and then Guinness in The Globe again RC?

Spoken like one who's done that drill himself :wink:

Fubar
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Fubar » 09 Feb 2007 02:36

RoyalChicagoFC wrote:
and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Sky for making necessary a 5:00 AM wakeup and trip to the pub on my birthday

Happy birthday for the 10th RC. Hope you can can celebrate with a Royals win....

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 10 Feb 2007 15:34

Fubar
RoyalChicagoFC and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Sky for making necessary a 5:00 AM wakeup and trip to the pub on my birthday

Happy birthday for the 10th RC. Hope you can can celebrate with a Royals win....

Cheers mate --your hopes have been well and truly realized. :wink:

Just a reminder for those who may have missed it (or who want to see it again :D )...

Aston Villa (H) Saturday 10th February: Repeats on Setanta Sports Channel same-day from 4:00 PM and again from 2:30 AM Sunday; from 5:00 PM Tuesday; and from 7:00 AM Wednesday (times Eastern; repeat listings subject to change).

Extended match highlights set to air on Premier League Review Show airing first time on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday 11th February; airs again from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM Monday; from 5:00 AM Thursday; and from 4:00 AM and 3:00 PM Friday

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 13 Feb 2007 15:22

**Given the unusual telecast arrangement for this one, I would like to restate at this point my standing willingness to lend direct assistance those who could do with some aid in locating a venue. It is worth noting that just because a particular pub is properly subscribed does not necessarily mean that the match will be airing there, and checking a venue's website/phoning ahead is strongly advised in any case. Now then...

Manchester United (A) FA Cup Fifth Round Saturday 17th February: Scheduled for LIVE, PAY-PER-VIEW telecast in the States. Available to in-home viewers EXCLUSIVELY on DirecTV, DISH Network, iNDemand, and TVN residential PPV in the U.S. for a fee of $15.95

It also will be available on closed-circuit TV at selected pubs and restaurants in the U.S. for the nice, round sum of $10.00 a head, payable at the door. The telecast from Old Trafford begins at noon Eastern on Saturday 17th February, with kickoff scheduled for 12:15 PM

The tie also airs LIVE in CANADA on Fox Sports World Canada from 12:15 PM Eastern

The first-time airing of a DELAYED full telecast in the States on FSC during the following week --originally scheduled for 5:00 PM on Tuesday the 20th-- has been bumped forward to 3:00 PM Eastern on the 20th, which happens to be smack in the middle of Tuesday's live Champions League fare

It will air a second time on FSC from 2:00 AM Wednesday overnite (11:00 PM Tuesday on the West Coast), so it would appear that a group exercise in setting the recorder will be in order for many of those wishing to preserve it for posterity

To whet the appetite beforehand, FSC will be showing a 30-minute FA Cup Fifth Round Preview Show first-time from 11:00 PM Eastern on Thursday the 16th, with repeat airings on Friday from 5:00 AM, 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM Eastern, and from 12:30 AM Saturday (9:30 PM Friday on the West Coast). All of this in advance of...

To round it all off, a 30-minute FA Cup Fifth Round Highlights Show will air first-time on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Wednesday the 21st and again from 5:00 AM Thursday; from 9:30 PM Friday; and from 5:00 PM Saturday the 24th (times Eastern and on FSC)

Now then --tidying up recent business
Aston Villa (H) Saturday 10th February: Extended match highlights on Premier League Review Show on FSC from 5:00 AM Thursday and on Friday from 4:00 AM and 3:00 PM (times Eastern). Just an aside: RFC-AVFC was the "featured match" for extended highlights at the end of Saturday nite's Fox Soccer Report --the de luxe extended highlights treatment, and it was boss!

If interested in limited information about telecasts of next four League matches, please see first post in this thread

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 19 Feb 2007 17:35

The simple fact is that programming information is in something of a mess right now, what with Cup replays being added to the docket, televised fixtures being rearranged on account of the League Cup and --not least of all-- slowness to react to it all and post consistent, accurate information on the part of the U.S. platforms. What follows represents my best effort, based on currently availalble information --all of which is subject to change, so watch this space; timely updates are hereby promised...

Delayed telecast of last Saturday's Cup tie at Old Trafford
Manchester United (A) FA Cup Fifth Round Saturday 17th February: First-time airing of a DELAYED full telecast in the States on FSC scheduled for Tuesday the 20th (tomorrow as I write this) from 3:00 PM Eastern --it was scheduled originally for 5:00 PM but has been bumped forward to 3:00 PM, which happens to be smack in the middle of Tuesday's live Champions League fare

It will air a second time on FSC from 2:00 AM Wednesday overnite (11:00 PM Tuesday on the West Coast), so it would appear that a group exercise in setting the recorder will be in order for many of those wishing to preserve it for posterity

To round it all off, a 30-minute FA Cup Fifth Round Highlights Show will air first-time on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Wednesday the 21st and again from 5:00 AM Thursday; from 9:30 PM Friday; and from 5:00 PM Saturday the 24th (times Eastern and on FSC, and listings subject to change)

Next up in the League --your close and careful attention, please
Middlesbrough (A) Saturday 24th February: Currently scheduled to air on same-day DELAY on Setanta from noon Eastern --at the top of the hour right after it goes final.

However, because Saturday's Villa-Arsenal match had been scheduled to air live on Setanta Xtra --and with that fixture postponed to accommodate Arsenal's appearance in the League Cup final on the following day-- some sources (including, if only in part, Setanta itself) are now listing it as a LIVE telecast for Setanta Xtra (DirecTV Channel 670) on Saturday from 10:00 AM Eastern

One way or another, it's airing same-day in the States, whether live or right after it goes final --but, since it's airing on one of the two Setanta channels, most will have to make a run to the pub in order to watch. I'll keep an eye on this and post any updated information as soon as it comes to my attention

Setanta is set to air the match again in full from midnight Eastern time Saturday/Sunday (9:00 PM Saturday on the West Coast). Match highlights set to air on Premier League Review Show airing first-time on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday the 25th and again from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM on Monday; from 1:00 PM Wednesday; from 5:00 AM Thursday; and from 3:00 PM Friday (times Eastern and on FSC)

FA Cup Fifth Round Replay
Manchester United (H) Tuesday 27th February: One source has posted this as a LIVE telecast on FSC and on Fox Sports World Canada from 3:00 PM Eastern; however, FSC has not confirmed as of this writing --so watch this space

After that
Arsenal (A) Saturday 3rd March: One source has listed this as a LIVE telecast on Setanta from 10:00 AM Eastern; Setanta itself, however, has not confirmed as of this writing. GolTV in both the U.S. and Canada is currently scheduled to air the ArsenalTV feed of the match in full first-time from 4:00 PM on Monday 5th March

Match highlights set to air first-time on Premier League Review Show on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday and again from 5:00 AM on Monday, with additional airtimes to be announced

For a look farther ahead, please see first post in this thread. Updates coming soon

630 posts