Game Thread Chelsea

frimleygreen_shotspur
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: between the old wheatsheaf and the rose and thistle

by frimleygreen_shotspur » 14 Oct 2006 20:51

i apologise profusely for the way i over reacted when the 'shots lost away this week.

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 14 Oct 2006 20:55

we were all over them for most of the second half, really deserved a point from today, mike reilly what a prat premiership ref my eye

frimleygreen_shotspur
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: between the old wheatsheaf and the rose and thistle

by frimleygreen_shotspur » 14 Oct 2006 20:58

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL we were all over them for most of the second half, really deserved a point from today, mike reilly what a prat premiership ref my eye

i like your location...is it anywhere near the home of Reading fotball club?

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 14 Oct 2006 20:58

TWRoyal Coppell has welcomed Jose's call for a FA inquiry but is sure the players would be vindicated. I challenge Mourniho that if Hunt is cleared, then Jose issue a full and public apology.

Surely he would also be part of any inquiry. If Hunt is cleared he must be called to account for his attack on Hunt.

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 14 Oct 2006 21:00

frimleygreen_shotspur
PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL we were all over them for most of the second half, really deserved a point from today, mike reilly what a prat premiership ref my eye

Did you do that on purpose?

Ascension

by Ascension » 14 Oct 2006 21:02

frimleygreen_shotspur

As opposed to Aldershite?

jenster81

by jenster81 » 14 Oct 2006 21:03

never been so bloody angry at a football much in my life.

nearly got my arse out to show riley at final whistle. complete pratt.

Everybody goes on about how difficult the referees jobs are but they still have to play by the rules. Riley should be repremanded for his sh*tty performance today.

Absoluted disgusted.

Ascension

by Ascension » 14 Oct 2006 21:06

jenster81 never been so bloody angry at a football much in my life.

Everybody goes on about how difficult the referees jobs are but they still have to play by the rules. Riley should be repremanded for his sh*tty performance today.

Absoluted disgusted.

Shite referee performance granted, but we were hardly robbed today.

jenster81

by jenster81 » 14 Oct 2006 21:08

Ascension
jenster81 never been so bloody angry at a football much in my life.

Absoluted disgusted.

Shite referee performance granted, but we were hardly robbed today.

did i say that??

deserved a draw i think

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 14 Oct 2006 21:11

Ascension

by Ascension » 14 Oct 2006 21:11

Both teams suffered under Riley today, still, i've seen worse refereeing performances than that as i'm sure many others have. Poor game, but then it was never going to be an advert for the beautiful game.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 14 Oct 2006 21:30

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s379/st106094.htm

After the thuggery Reading dished out to Chelsea's goalkeepers tonight, Reading have no doubt severely dented the CHAMPIONS hopes of rapid progression to the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Wednesday October 18th could see Chelsea playing Barcelona with third choice Portuguese goalkeeper Hilario between the sticks after both Petr Cech and substitute goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini were victims of thuggish and brutal challenges by Hunt and Sonko this evening at the Madjeski Stadium, Reading.

For me the result a 1-0 win for the CHAMPIONS is irrelevant against the health of the Best Goalkeeper in the World and the Second Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership.

The game wasn't even 30 seconds old when Cech dived to smother the ball at the feet of Reading's Stephen Hunt, making his first start for the Royals in the Premiership. Instead of attempting to jump over Cech's body as attackers try to do, Hunt decided to continue on his path and the full roundness of his kneecap caught Cech flush on the side of his head.

Cech was left out cold. He was treated for a full five minutes before being stretchered off and eventually replaced by Carlo.

A minute before full-time (in injury-time) Carlo came out to punch away the ball from a dangerous Reading corner and Sonko the thug from Brentford (schooled by 'mad dog Martin Allen') clattered into Carlo after the ball was punched away.

TV pictures proved that Sonko deliberately put Carlo out of the game because his eyes WERE NOT on the ball, in fact they were not focussed on anyone.

As a side issue, the CHAMPIONS won 1-0 after a Frank Lampard free-kick was deflected into his own net by Igmarrsson just before half-time.

Didier Drogba gave a perfect lesson in GK and striker etiquette when on two occasions challenging Reading's 'keeper Hahnemann he jumped over the 'keeper after Hahnemann grabbed the ball.

After what happened to Cech I am sure 'The Dids' would loved to have left a boot in!!?!?!?!?!?!?

There were two red cards - one of each side - first Mikel was sent off on his Premiership start for two bookable offences and incidentally Mikel ONLY made two tackles all game.

Reading's Andre 'The Pikey' Bikey was sent off for the same. His second yellow card came after he pulled and tugged on Drogba's shirt in the second-half.

I hope Reading's fans are feeling really HARD and good about themselves tonight. Chanting Barcelona, Barcelona and with Chelsea losing TWO goalkeepers due to the thuggery of two of their players, Wednesday night COULD WELL be Barcelona's night.

TWRoyal

by TWRoyal » 14 Oct 2006 21:36

Is that meant to be satire?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 14 Oct 2006 21:46

soggy biscuit http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s379/st106094.htm

After the thuggery Reading dished out to Chelsea's goalkeepers tonight, Reading have no doubt severely dented the CHAMPIONS hopes of rapid progression to the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Wednesday October 18th could see Chelsea playing Barcelona with third choice Portuguese goalkeeper Hilario between the sticks after both Petr Cech and substitute goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini were victims of thuggish and brutal challenges by Hunt and Sonko this evening at the Madjeski Stadium, Reading.

For me the result a 1-0 win for the CHAMPIONS is irrelevant against the health of the Best Goalkeeper in the World and the Second Best Goalkeeper in the Premiership.

The game wasn't even 30 seconds old when Cech dived to smother the ball at the feet of Reading's Stephen Hunt, making his first start for the Royals in the Premiership. Instead of attempting to jump over Cech's body as attackers try to do, Hunt decided to continue on his path and the full roundness of his kneecap caught Cech flush on the side of his head.

Cech was left out cold. He was treated for a full five minutes before being stretchered off and eventually replaced by Carlo.

A minute before full-time (in injury-time) Carlo came out to punch away the ball from a dangerous Reading corner and Sonko the thug from Brentford (schooled by 'mad dog Martin Allen') clattered into Carlo after the ball was punched away.

TV pictures proved that Sonko deliberately put Carlo out of the game because his eyes WERE NOT on the ball, in fact they were not focussed on anyone.

As a side issue, the CHAMPIONS won 1-0 after a Frank Lampard free-kick was deflected into his own net by Igmarrsson just before half-time.

Didier Drogba gave a perfect lesson in GK and striker etiquette when on two occasions challenging Reading's 'keeper Hahnemann he jumped over the 'keeper after Hahnemann grabbed the ball.

After what happened to Cech I am sure 'The Dids' would loved to have left a boot in!!?!?!?!?!?!?

There were two red cards - one of each side - first Mikel was sent off on his Premiership start for two bookable offences and incidentally Mikel ONLY made two tackles all game.

Reading's Andre 'The Pikey' Bikey was sent off for the same. His second yellow card came after he pulled and tugged on Drogba's shirt in the second-half.

I hope Reading's fans are feeling really HARD and good about themselves tonight. Chanting Barcelona, Barcelona and with Chelsea losing TWO goalkeepers due to the thuggery of two of their players, Wednesday night COULD WELL be Barcelona's night.

Post pub write-ups

:lol:

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 14 Oct 2006 23:30

MOTD coverage.....one word ....

Rubbish !

All they talked about was Chelseas keeper problem for the Champions League....utter crap.

xtreme rebel

by xtreme rebel » 15 Oct 2006 22:53

Watched the game on TV in Cork....

I thought that Reading were very unlucky to lose. Had Doyle's chance gone in, I'm confident Reading would have won because Chelsea created nothing in that game yesterday. Doyle done very well for his effort off the post but at times it showed that he hadn't trained in 2 weeks due to injury. Seol also showed the effects of his long trip from Korea.

If Reading can produce the same work rate, effort and committment against the weaker teams in the league, they'll do well.

Shorey, Sonko, Sidwell, Seol and Doyle have been Reading's top performers this season IMO. Ye could build an excellent team around those 5 players I think.