Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 05 Jan 2007 23:17

rg6royal
RoyalBlue
rg6royal
Mrs Butler who with? :roll:

3 girls not that attractive though!! he was buying sweets and i thought that he shouldnt be ( lets just hope mr coppell doesnt find out ) !!!!

Not his girlfriend then - she's a stunner!

yeah i know i saw her after the last home reserve match. one of the girls though did slap his ass and he smiled ;) lol

:o the cheating git....

lol

was going to try and meet him but not going to bother now

doylefan

by doylefan » 05 Jan 2007 23:20

Mrs Butler
rg6royal
RoyalBlue
rg6royal
Mrs Butler who with? :roll:

3 girls not that attractive though!! he was buying sweets and i thought that he shouldnt be ( lets just hope mr coppell doesnt find out ) !!!!

Not his girlfriend then - she's a stunner!

yeah i know i saw her after the last home reserve match. one of the girls though did slap his ass and he smiled ;) lol

:o the cheating git....

lol

was going to try and meet him but not going to bother now

:lol: still try and meet him, he's really down to earth!!

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 05 Jan 2007 23:23

down to earth with 4 blinken gfs on the go... wouldnt stand a chance so no point

Fluff

by Fluff » 06 Jan 2007 00:36

Kevin Bremner, used to give me a lift to EP

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 Jan 2007 01:02

I know a few stories about Harper and Salako. QuaLOLity

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 06 Jan 2007 01:02

Trever Senior was a real gentleman total pro and a great player, would always have a word or sign an autograph. Also Shaka was different class smashing bloke.

Fluff

by Fluff » 06 Jan 2007 01:10

Bremner also had a few words to say about David Crown

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 06 Jan 2007 01:41

handbags_harris Jeff Hopkins dad was nice when I spoke to him when I was about 10!!

Tom Hopkins is indeed a decent chap, I used to work with him and his elder son Peter, who was also OK at footie.
Jeff is also a nice guy, except he used to join us in our little keep fit club in the closed season and put us all to shame by piling extra weights on and then jumping with what the rest of us could barely lift.

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 06 Jan 2007 08:17

Nice guys - Steve Hetzke, Archie, Shaka, Gilkes and Kitson (although my kids thought he was scary).

Indifferent - Harper.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 06 Jan 2007 09:08

Far Canal
handbags_harris Jeff Hopkins dad was nice when I spoke to him when I was about 10!!

Tom Hopkins is indeed a decent chap, I used to work with him and his elder son Peter, who was also OK at footie.
Jeff is also a nice guy, except he used to join us in our little keep fit club in the closed season and put us all to shame by piling extra weights on and then jumping with what the rest of us could barely lift.

Yes, Geoff Hopkins is a great bloke. I remember him taking the trouble to come over in the pouring rain during those fantastic celebrations. When everyone was being shepherded into the old Town Hall, he refused to go in until he had visited the long line of fans. Top man!

blue_army1871

by blue_army1871 » 06 Jan 2007 10:57

Murty, Kevin Watson and Shane Long.

pooandwee

by pooandwee » 06 Jan 2007 11:42

Dave Kitson was a thorouhgly nice chap when I met him

Mummy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mummy » 06 Jan 2007 11:57

Nicky Shorey was lovely when I stuck my head through his car window in a petrol station last season.

I was on the way to watch my son play footie and was wearing my RFC top and scarf. He asked if I was going to the match later and said he would see me there - although I don't think he did :roll:

I felt a bit of a twit afterwards for approaching him but was so excited about the season I wanted to say thanks and congratulate him.

The most stupid thing I ever heard a fan say though was to Sidders when he asked him if he had always been ginger :?

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 06 Jan 2007 13:25

Archie Lovell (although he had very good reason to be happy) at the Spread Eagle about an hour or so after the game vs Wolves in 97(?). He came in with Jim and Mick and Steve Mautone and all were offered pints, but then a young kid came up and offered him a bit of his ice lolly - which Archie accepted.

True gent etc.

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 06 Jan 2007 13:39

There have been too many to mention over the years - often linked to drink. Longest chat ever was Gary Peters - all football - in a night club after the players party earlier. Used to chat quite a lot with Webby after the games in the bar.

Suprised that Scott Howie hasn't been mentioned. Was an absolute star at Shrewsbury with my lad who had his shirt for a birthday present. Came out after the game to see him and chatted for over 20 minutes. Advised him to become a forward, not a keeper, as they got paid more.

Spent an age talking Reading too. He'd have swapped the penalty saves in the Conference play-off final for winning at Cardiff.

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 06 Jan 2007 14:48

Doyle and Long both seem to be really nice guys, it must be an Irish thing...

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 07 Jan 2007 10:34

There probably all nice, just some not to fans :)

Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal & Ancient » 07 Jan 2007 12:37

Agree with Half Full Glass. Dennis Allen was a top bloke. Long after he left E.P. he was managing (I think Cheltenham) about 1978 and somewhere down West Country I stopped to let him through on a roundabout, he recognised me although we had only met socially a couple of times, stopped and we had a good 20 minute chat about 'old times'
Maurice Edelston and Jimmy Wheeler great blokes too.Maurice very competitive whatever was being played!
These from an era when you could sit next to one on the bus -even meet in the Spread Eagle (before the game?)

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 07 Jan 2007 13:43

alad Harper is a pr1ck, was asked to sign his autograph for a mate of mines kid the other week and didn't even bother speaking, just grunted and signed.

All that money and he couldn't even be bothered to smile and say afew words.

I have to disagree with you. I saw Royals reserves vs Bristol Rovers at the Memorial ground in Bristol. shortly before the Brentford game. Harper was playing for the stiffs. As they came off and dissappeared down the tunnel my son aged around 13 at the time shouted 'Harper'. He came back out ofthe tunnel and signed an autograph for him. Only let himself down a bit with his language 'Wish this team would give me the f****ing ball' but he had just come off playing a game. Harper is fine any player on their day could be having a bad day - they are human. Some are better at pr than others.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Jan 2007 13:49

I've been fortunate enough to meet a few players over the years. Some of the past players thought they were Billy Big Time and were quite condescending at times, still they're the painters and decorators now, whilst the better players, who were much more reticent, are still involved in football in one way or another and still much admired.

Harper, Kevin Watson and someone else who I've forgotten were in TGI's once with their families. My son and his dad were there too and when they saw it was my son's birthday, they all put their autographs on a birthday card he happened to have with him. He still has it up on his bedroom door.

The only time I've encountered Mr Kitson, he was very aloof and neither myself nor the ex-Reading player I was with at the time were impressed.