The Weakest Link costs us again

222 posts
silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 14 Jan 2007 20:36

Shocking bit of judgement by Hahnemann for the goal and also for the chance he gifted Anichebe. He is spilling far too many shots as well and it will only be a matter of time before someone is there to tap it in again, just as Yakubu was on the opeing day. Distribution was woeful at times again to day, but in fairness that has improved of late, before today.

I would expect Coppell to have new keeper in by next season because unfortunatly Marcus is, IMO, not up to the job on a consistant basis in the Premier League.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 20:40

silas Shocking bit of judgement by Hahnemann for the goal and also for the chance he gifted Anichebe. He is spilling far too many shots as well and it will only be a matter of time before someone is there to tap it in again, just as Yakubu was on the opeing day. Distribution was woeful at times again to day, but in fairness that has improved of late, before today.

I would expect Coppell to have new keeper in by next season because unfortunatly Marcus is, IMO, not up to the job on a consistant basis in the Premier League.
and your preferred preference would be?

I hear James may get another bite at an England place

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jan 2007 20:45

AthleticoSpizz
silas Shocking bit of judgement by Hahnemann for the goal and also for the chance he gifted Anichebe. He is spilling far too many shots as well and it will only be a matter of time before someone is there to tap it in again, just as Yakubu was on the opeing day. Distribution was woeful at times again to day, but in fairness that has improved of late, before today.

Which would be right considering he's been the best English keeper in the league by an absolute country mile this year.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 20:48

Alan Partridge
AthleticoSpizz

Which would be right considering he's been the best English keeper in the league by an absolute country mile this year.
no arguement there.......but he plays for Pompey.......and Marcus is good enough for Reading

Who would Silas expect to sign for us?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jan 2007 20:49

AthleticoSpizz
Alan Partridge
AthleticoSpizz

no arguement there.......but he plays for Pompey.......and Marcus is good enough for Reading

Who would Silas expect to sign for us?

I think Boaz Myhill or Matt Murray would be realistic targets who at this minute would/could do a better job.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 14 Jan 2007 20:50

AthleticoSpizz

I'll leave that upto Coppell because I'm sure he can see as well as I can that Hahnemann is not upto the job on a regular basis. If people can't see that, or don't want to admit that, then thats fine but if we want to do more than simply stay up every year then Hahnemann won't be our keeper unless he can produce consistanly, something for me he hasn't done this year

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 20:52

a better job?

both well proven Premier keepers..not

both seem to leak many-a-goal in the Championship

Matt Murray!........now I know you're joking

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jan 2007 20:57

AthleticoSpizz a better job?

both well proven Premier keepers..not

both seem to leak many-a-goal in the Championship

Matt Murray!........now I know you're joking

Reading wouldn't be prepared to pay for a 'well proven Premier keeper' maybe Dean Kiely or someone like that but he's no better than Marcus. Myhill and Murray are two young and talented keepers and are the best two in the Championship. Another option could be someone like Maik Taylor.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 21:00

silas
AthleticoSpizz

I'll leave that upto Coppell because I'm sure he can see as well as I can that Hahnemann is not upto the job on a regular basis. If people can't see that, or don't want to admit that, then thats fine but if we want to do more than simply stay up every year then Hahnemann won't be our keeper unless he can produce consistanly, something for me he hasn't done this year
be realistic....who has SSC got to chose from?

Marcus is 33+?

He cant play on forever, but even with having him as our handicap, we are currently 9th in our best season ever.

ENJOY THE MOMENT!

let Steve C sort out the future

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 14 Jan 2007 21:03

Craig Gordon is the best goalkeeper in Britain and was linked with Fulham last week??

No use speculating on who could, or could'nt do a job. I fully expect Marcus to play every Premiership game left between now and the end of the season, injury apart, but come the summer enough might be enough. If we aspire to improve as a club and try an emulate a club like Bolton for example we have to put sentimant aside. Marcus has done a fine job for a number of years for this club but is starting to be shown up at a higher level. Todays errors are not one off's, this has been happening since day 1 in the Premiership.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jan 2007 21:03

AthleticoSpizz
silas
AthleticoSpizz

Marcus is 33+?

He cant play on forever, but even with having him as our handicap, we are currently 9th in our best season ever.

ENJOY THE MOMENT!

As much as your right, these is a fans discussion where you have your opinions for yoursef on what could be improved etc. At the end of the day it matters not what we think but the whole point of the board is to discuss it anyway.

What do YOU think AthleticoSpizz? :wink:

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 14 Jan 2007 21:07

9th in the Prem, best team Reading have ever had by a country mile, and you lot manage to put together a 5 page thread slagging off one of our long standing players.

Un fukking believable

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jan 2007 21:08

Tony Le Mesmer 9th in the Prem, best team Reading have ever had by a country mile, and you lot manage to put together a 5 page thread slagging off one of our long standing players.

Un fukking believable

Slagging? No, Highlighting concerns. Yes.

For slagging see any De La Cruz thread :roll:

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 14 Jan 2007 21:10

Tony Le Mesmer 9th in the Prem, best team Reading have ever had by a country mile, and you lot manage to put together a 5 page thread slagging off one of our long standing players.

Un fukking believable

Were 9th in the Premiership, which means another 8 places to climb before we can be truly happy :wink:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 Jan 2007 21:13

Alan Partridge

Un fukking believable

Indeed. Do you think SC, and the goalkeeping and defensive coaches will completely ignore what happened or will they work with Marcus to try and ensure it doesn't happen again?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jan 2007 21:14

Platypuss
Alan Partridge

Un fukking believable

Indeed. Do you think SC, and the goalkeeping and defensive coaches will completely ignore what happened or will they work with Marcus to try and ensure it doesn't happen again?

You'd hope the latter but it aint the first time it's happened this season.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 21:15

Alan Partridge
AthleticoSpizz
silas
AthleticoSpizz

Marcus is 33+?

ENJOY THE MOMENT!

As much as your right, these is a fans discussion where you have your opinions for yoursef on what could be improved etc. At the end of the day it matters not what we think but the whole point of the board is to discuss it anyway.

these ARE a fans discussions to put it grammatically correct.

If we are going to do cruxifictions to pacify our better expertise than Steve Coppells........then I would suggest sacking James Harper for being totally anonymous today.....yet again..........and Arsenals object of desire Steve Sidwell...for spooning soooooooooooooooo many shots over the bar in his Premiership debuts.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jan 2007 21:17

AthleticoSpizz
Alan Partridge
AthleticoSpizz
silas
AthleticoSpizz

Marcus is 33+?

ENJOY THE MOMENT!

If we are going to do cruxifictions to pacify our better expertise than Steve Coppells........then I would suggest sacking James Harper for being totally anonymous today.....yet again..........and Arsenals object of desire Steve Sidwell...for spooning soooooooooooooooo many shots over the bar in his Premiership debuts.

Fair points, I think your wrong but there we go :wink: well except for Sidwell's shooting which is absolute dump, It was supposed to be this but was a typo!! ;)

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 14 Jan 2007 21:33

AthleticoSpizz
Alan Partridge As much as your right, these is a fans discussion where you have your opinions for yoursef on what could be improved etc.

...to put it correctly --grammatically speaking.

:wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2007 21:56

RoyalChicagoFC
AthleticoSpizz
Alan Partridge As much as your right, these is a fans discussion where you have your opinions for yoursef on what could be improved etc.

...to put it correctly --grammatically speaking.

:wink:
oh gawd :D

222 posts