Y26 you are a disgrace.

200 posts
Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 05 May 2007 23:16

shadesrwrf I went shopping in Tescos earlier this week. The service in there is second to none you know. I was so impressed I felt compelled to stand outside the store until closing time and clap all the sales assistants as they left for home.

Guessing it wasn't the 24 hours one or you'll of just got home seeing as it's Sunday trading hours tomorrow :wink:

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 05 May 2007 23:24

Compo's Hat
shadesrwrf I went shopping in Tescos earlier this week. The service in there is second to none you know. I was so impressed I felt compelled to stand outside the store until closing time and clap all the sales assistants as they left for home.

Guessing it wasn't the 24 hours one or you'll of just got home seeing as it's Sunday trading hours tomorrow :wink:

It was the one in the garage on the Bath Road, smartarse. :wink:

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 05 May 2007 23:34

grow up :roll:

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 05 May 2007 23:49

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

grow up :roll:

You're right, it probably was a bit immature. They appreciated it though.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 06 May 2007 00:28

RoyalBlue
floyd__streete
zac naloen Where rightly told to sit the oxf*rd down

Why is it right that they were told off for leaving early? They paid their money, they can choose to leave after 5 minutes if they so wish :roll:

Maybe, but they and all the others who snubbed our fantastic team and management by leaving early today, before the lap and honour, are the true plastics.

how does that make people leaving early plastic, i had to leave early today due to having to go to work, yet ive missed just a handul of games home & away in the last 6 seasons and im going to blackburn next sunday :shock:

Cookie

by Cookie » 06 May 2007 01:07

Yakety-yakey-yak!

retro royal

by retro royal » 06 May 2007 01:17

Whats the term for someone that used to to turn up 10 minutes late and miss the first goal every week(pendantic mode on <every home game> (normally the away team)

(i know the answer, just interested in the replies)

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 06 May 2007 01:20

RoyalBlue Maybe, but they and all the others who snubbed our fantastic team and management by leaving early today, before the lap and honour, are the true plastics.

Blame the bus company. I would have loved to have stuck around to watch it, but I was told the (bracknell) bus left 10 minutes after final whistle... That means getting from the top of the south-east stand, then all the way around PC World et al, and onto the bus TEN minutes from final whistle.

I love this holier than thou b*ll*cks.

Yes, I wanted to stay and applaud the team, and yes I wanted to say goodbye and thank you to Steve Sidwell, but there is ONE bus and ONE chance to get it, or else you have loads of problems and much more expense.

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 06 May 2007 01:22

This is a REALLY boring thread.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 06 May 2007 07:52

Maguire
zac naloen
shadesrwrf With Mags on this one. Paid money. Choice.

They don't have the right to fight, if the problem was with them leaving I'd be complaining about 70% of the rest of the fans.

In fact, you said:

"A large amount of Y26 got up to leave en masse after the second goal went in. Where rightly told to sit the oxf*rd down"

My issue with the utter shit you're spouting today is that you're suggesting they were somehow in the wrong for leaving when the second goal went in. There aren't any special rules for football matches - they're paying customers whether you like it or not.

Obviously I don't condone violence, but people should just keep their mouths shut and mind their own business raher than trying to impress some bizarre moral code on other fans.

Yes they were rightly told to sit down. there was a good 10 minutes of play left, how many times have we seen Reading make a come back in ten minutes?

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 06 May 2007 07:55

Maguire
zac naloen

They don't have the right to fight, if the problem was with them leaving I'd be complaining about 70% of the rest of the fans.

In fact, you said:

"A large amount of Y26 got up to leave en masse after the second goal went in. Where rightly told to sit the oxf*rd down"

My issue with the utter shit you're spouting today is that you're suggesting they were somehow in the wrong for leaving when the second goal went in. There aren't any special rules for football matches - they're paying customers whether you like it or not.

Obviously I don't condone violence, but people should just keep their mouths shut and mind their own business raher than trying to impress some bizarre moral code on other fans.

Yes they were rightly told to sit down. there was a good 10 minutes of play left, how many times have we seen Reading make a come back in ten minutes?

But the problem was them leaving and then FIGHTING. For oxf*rd sake if people can't see the problem with that then, oxf*rd I don't know what I think.

Rob-Royal if ever you needed a thread to describe why this board is a pile of kack then this is it....

the w@nker who started it and those that have followed with the 'i'm a better fan for staying behind' and 'you shouldn't leave early', 'Y26 a disgrace'....

fcuk off!

Idiot. I've done none of the "i'm a better fan than you" shit. I've expressed my utter disgust at the fighting that happened in Y26 yesterday, that they happened to be leaving with 10 minutes of football time left is entirely an after thought.

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 06 May 2007 08:21

Any chance the word pl*stic can be added to the swear filter? I'm sick of it.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 06 May 2007 09:21

ive heard it was 3 yids in y26 who shouted "fcuk off reading, cmon you yids" and then every rfc fan around them starting laying into them. bloke in black went flying across some rows and proper fisty cuffs going on...jobsworth stewards were late to sort it out and ob did fcuk all!! saying that was the highlight of a pretty oxf*rd day.

fwiw i stayed and clapped them round near floyde and waxy

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 May 2007 09:22

hughsies no.1
RoyalBlue
floyd__streete
zac naloen Where rightly told to sit the oxf*rd down

Why is it right that they were told off for leaving early? They paid their money, they can choose to leave after 5 minutes if they so wish :roll:

Maybe, but they and all the others who snubbed our fantastic team and management by leaving early today, before the lap and honour, are the true plastics.

how does that make people leaving early plastic, i had to leave early today due to having to go to work, yet ive missed just a handul of games home & away in the last 6 seasons and im going to blackburn next sunday :shock:

15,000 people suddenly having to rush off to work on a Saturday evening? 15,000 who have just missed a handful of games? 15,000 off to Blackburn next week? 15,000 facing transport problems? I think not!

Of course, some people will have valid reasons for rushing off early (the sum of all those reasons certainly won't add up to anything like 15,000). However, I maintain that the vast majority (particularly those who rushed for the exits after the second Watford goal) are unappreciative plastics who snubbed the fantastic efforts and achievements of our team and management.

Rooney

by Rooney » 06 May 2007 09:26

Left the stadium on the final whistle. Will get my season ticket renewed and continue supporting my team through the good times and the bad.

How can so many fans be wrong? Not to stay for lap of honour.

Football fans are passionate and express their feelings, good or bad.

Watford spoilt our day and seasons acheivements, with the help of the ref, in more ways than one.

To those who stayed I applaud you, to those that left before the lap of honour, the team / football club, we all had a bad day at the office !!!

Thank you RFC for a great season :D

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 06 May 2007 09:44

zac naloen
Maguire
zac naloen

In fact, you said:

But the problem was them leaving and then FIGHTING. For oxf*rd sake if people can't see the problem with that then, oxf*rd I don't know what I think.

Rob-Royal if ever you needed a thread to describe why this board is a pile of kack then this is it....

the w@nker who started it and those that have followed with the 'i'm a better fan for staying behind' and 'you shouldn't leave early', 'Y26 a disgrace'....

fcuk off!

Idiot. I've done none of the "i'm a better fan than you" shit. I've expressed my utter disgust at the fighting that happened in Y26 yesterday, that they happened to be leaving with 10 minutes of football time left is entirely an after thought.

No, but you have started one of the most boring predictable threads that this board is so famous for.....

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 May 2007 09:51

I left with approximately 5 minutes on the clock, I wanted to leave after about 60 mins when I realised that we weren't going to score in yet another awfuul game against the single worst football playing team in the land. I couldn't give two oxf*rd about anyone leaving early or staying till the end, they team didn't deserve my claps after a performance like that today. Got onto the first bus at the bottom of the slope and was back in the pub at 5pm. I'd like to know why anyone would take issue with that and thank it is appauling that people would openly confront their own fans in the ground as they left. Fair play to those that told them to oxf*rd off in no uncertain terms

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 06 May 2007 09:57

zac naloen
floyd__streete What actually happened? It was the most interesting part of the day for me.

A large amount of Y26 got up to leave en masse after the second goal went in. Where rightly told to sit the oxf*rd down and then they started hitting people.

Should be some season tickets available in Y26 next year.

I don't think that was the reason mate.

As my mate saw it who was sat about 2 yards from the incident, three so-called Spurs fans came down the steps, and said something like "Fcuk off Reading, come on the Yido's" incensing people around them who got up and landed a couple of punches on them.

Not sure about the stewarding that took place after that though when stewards piling in led to one of the blokes gurdling through rows of seats trampling on kids and elderly as he went and the stewards just seemed to barge through everyone similarly. Quite surpised nobody was injured although a number of people with young children in the area did leave after it.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 06 May 2007 11:04

zac naloen
floyd__streete What actually happened? It was the most interesting part of the day for me.

A large amount of Y26 got up to leave en masse after the second goal went in. Where rightly told to sit the oxf*rd down and then they started hitting people.

A large amount of everywhere left after the second.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 06 May 2007 11:06

papereyes
zac naloen

A large amount of everywhere left after the second.

I'm well aware of that, why are people focusing on the "leaving" part and not the fighting part. It's pretty obvious which part I'm pissed off about :roll:

200 posts