Match Preview. Reading v Chelsea, 15/08/07 + Predictions

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 15 Aug 2007 14:54

Stranded Sun's possible line-ups graphic today has DLC playing RB with Murty RW in a 4-4-2!!

The Sun cannot cope with anything other than 4-4-2

Pretty embarassing if you ask me.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 15 Aug 2007 15:01

papereyes
Stranded Sun's possible line-ups graphic today has DLC playing RB with Murty RW in a 4-4-2!!

The Sun has gone with "Petr Cech has vowed revenge on Reading for his cracked skull hell"

and gone on to say "with the season only one game old, Reading have already been involved in two controversies, Kitson's sending off after a lunge of Evra and Duberry injuring England forward Wayne Rooney"

Top journalism.

Oh, and Reading 0 Chelsea 2 (Lampard pen, Drogba)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Aug 2007 15:02

Aye I did think that was top notch stretching of the truth there.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 15 Aug 2007 15:03

Schards#2
papereyes

The Sun has gone with "Petr Cech has vowed revenge on Reading for his cracked skull hell"

and gone on to say "with the season only one game old, Reading have already been involved in two controversies, Kitson's sending off after a lunge of Evra and Duberry injuring England forward Wayne Rooney"

Top journalism.

I think its pretty obvious - they know they have to pander to the Top 4, so the season is painted in terms of Top 4 GOOD, everyone else BAD. Oh, and England GOOD, not-England BAD.

A wonderful compare-and-contrast was to be had after the Manchester United cup games and the Chelsea home game - read the times, guardian and sun reports. Painfully different.

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 15 Aug 2007 15:58

Reading 2 - 1 Chelsea

Malouda 10
Doyle 56
Hunt 87

glosson

by glosson » 15 Aug 2007 16:23

Maybe it's the overly optimistic, doe-eyed American in me, but I'm going with 2-1 Reading also.

Malouda 19
Doyle 54
Long 88

At least one sending off tonight as well...maybe more. Hopefully for Chelsea. Want to see the young Long leave an impression tonight.

I'll be sending positive energy across the pond while I'm stuck in this fcuking cubicle helping idiots with their computers at 3pm.

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 15 Aug 2007 16:55

Reading 0-2 Chelsea
---------------Lampard 18
---------------Malouda 79

Att:24,185

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 15 Aug 2007 17:10

gn1982
The Goat was fed With Hunt still refusing to apologise for his Genghis Khan-esque attack on Petr Cech, Mourinho publically states that extra measures will be taken to ensure his team's safety.

At 19.58pm the crowd looks on in amazement as the entire Chelsea team, including management staff, march on to the pitch sporting protective headgear. Overcome with surprise, Reading start sluggishly and Chelsea take an early lead. Steve Sidwell does not have the heart to score against his old club so deliberately aims his shot wide. However, being a shot from a slow central midfielder from Chelsea the ball takes an incredible deflection off something and ends up in the back of the net.

Sidwell's joy is short lived however when a celebration hug from Lampard results in two fractured ribs and a punctured lung. The Royal Berkshire Hospital reacted quickly but due to flooded roads Sidwell can't get the treatment he needs and is out for the season.

Mourinho refuses to pay his water bill as a protest against Thames Water for sabotaging his season through their incompetent flood management schemes. Mourinho is fined consistently by the water board until he is forced to sell Malouda to cover his debts.

Back to the game and Reading are lifted by Sidwell's departure. Stephen Hunt chases a slightly overhit ball from Harper into the Chelsea box. Cech should come out and gather easily but a sudden and vivid flashback renders the big Czech senseless. Hunt taps the ball into the empty net. Cech is sent to the priory.

With minutes remaining, Reading force a corner. The cross from Shorey is a poor one and Essien looks favourite to head the ball clear. Unfortunately for the Ghanian the protective headgear is not designed for heading. The ball cannons off at a funny angle and heads for the Chelsea goal. Cudicini, on for the traumatised Cech, makes a fine reaction save but on the follow through crashes into the post and is knocked out. Long takes advantage of the situation by tapping home the winner with virtually the last touch of the game.

Mourinho refuses to play with goal posts for the remainder of the games this season, insisting that they sabotaged his season. Mourinho is fined for every game he plays with jumpers as goalposts until he is forced to sell Lampard to cover his debts.

That would make me happy.

2-1 Reading.

Ladbrokes are offering 500/1 on this happening.

Worth a quid IMHO

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 15 Aug 2007 17:12

2-1 Reading

Doyle 15, Malouda 53, Cisse 66

Att: 24,124

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 15 Aug 2007 17:16

Will there be much "Divers, divers" ?
And any '1.0' '0.9' signs?

daswonder

by daswonder » 15 Aug 2007 19:27

As there's no Match thread, I'll post this in here.

Hahnemann; Murty (c), Shorey, Duberry, Ingimarsson; Cisse, Harper, Oster, Hunt; Doyle, Long. Subs: Federici, De La Cruz, Bikey, Gunnarsson, Seol

In other news, Siddy starts for Chelsea.