Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 23 Aug 2007 10:14

willz_royal http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwaAH0GJbQ

video evidence that it was robinsons clearance

ffs its me who supposed to act like a child

thank you - just what was needed :D

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 23 Aug 2007 10:15

surpised noone has mentioned the lack of marking for their second goal, he had all the time in the world to control and place his shot

and shorey did one of his trademark runs, but we were still watching replays of the goal so it didnt get noticed :cry:

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 23 Aug 2007 10:16

From what I saw (which as I said was only the second half), Shorey did OK and made a few decent breaks forward. He did, however, also needlessly give the ball away on a number of occassions, but he was not the only one guilty of that in the England team.

I'd say nothing has changed, he is still third choice if Cole and Bridge are fit.

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 23 Aug 2007 10:16

Stranded
Archies Volley
Scarface I thought Shorey showed a lot more going forward than he has so far this season for us. Hopefully he can reproduce his England form in a blue and white shirt now.

However I've mentioned on here his lack of closing down this season and yet again he allowed the winger acres of time to whip the cross in for the goal.

:roll: :roll:

because he was in the area covering the keepers initial mistake (and maybe or maybe not making a poor clearence - read other posts!)

no way he could get out to the touch line to block the cross from where he was but if i am wrong and it was his clearence then he should take some blame

It was his clearance, anybody who thinks it wasn't is either blind or was drunk during the game.

as i have already implied i was drunk but could still see that robinson hacked the ball away when shorey was better placed and about to deal with it :wink:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Aug 2007 10:16

Archies Volley

The only disappointment for NS is that, if he'd been Stuart Pearce, for instance, he would have put ball and keeper into Row Z. NS could and should have expected Robinson to deal better with the ball.

FFS Bikey dealt better with a similar situation at the weekend.

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 23 Aug 2007 10:21

Franchise FC
Archies Volley

The only disappointment for NS is that, if he'd been Stuart Pearce, for instance, he would have put ball and keeper into Row Z. NS could and should have expected Robinson to deal better with the ball.

FFS Bikey dealt better with a similar situation at the weekend.

partly due to not playing together enough

partly due to robinson trying to make up for fact that he should have held the initial shot (the first major error which lead to everything else) by wanting to make the clearence himself

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 23 Aug 2007 10:30

southbank1871 From what I saw (which as I said was only the second half), Shorey did OK and made a few decent breaks forward. He did, however, also needlessly give the ball away on a number of occassions, but he was not the only one guilty of that in the England team.

I'd say nothing has changed, he is still third choice if Cole and Bridge are fit.

No one makes themselves available to receive a pass from Shorey. He kept having to go across the back 4. England are so pants to watch.

Probably because it was just a friendly, but there was no adventure in the play. Reading play adventurous risky football. England don't do enough offensively.......

It would have been nice to see Shorey play some balls down the flanks and then charge up the flanks to receive a return pass.

He couldn't do that because Cole doesn't run down the flanks. He keeps drifting inside. And Cole always hogs the ball and never gives it to anyone else.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Aug 2007 10:38

MacLOLaren out

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 23 Aug 2007 10:52

Is playing for England a bad thing for Shorey? Will the negative tactics and poor results affect his performances for the club?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Aug 2007 10:53

Nah, he just won't be a regular until he fits in more with England's current style.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 23 Aug 2007 10:57

Franchise FC
Top Flight If Reading played England, we would win!

England are so useless....... There is so much pressure on the team that all the players play such useless unadventurous football.

They don't have the guts to try and play a little bit. Shorey didn't make enough forward runs and when he got the ball, no one ran into areas so that he could play them in. He kept having to sweep it across the back four.

I disagree entirely. Shorey was not helped by the fact that it took Joe Cole 37 minutes to pass the ball to him (and yes, I was watching for it), and then when he did it was a bloody hospital ball.

Not much use charging forward if you ain't gonna get the ball, methinks.

Cole doesn't like passing it to Shorey, does he?

Shorey got much more of the ball when Barry came on.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 23 Aug 2007 10:59

Any word on Shorey this morning? Looked like he was limping quite heavily for the last 15 minutes.

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 23 Aug 2007 11:03

Huntley & Palmer Any word on Shorey this morning? Looked like he was limping quite heavily for the last 15 minutes.

good point - any news?

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 23 Aug 2007 11:13

Strange - I would have put money on it being Shorey's clearance and not Robinson that set up the cross for the goal.

Make's me feel a a bit better for Shorey.

Kes

by Kes » 23 Aug 2007 11:20

rotherwick_royal Strange - I would have put money on it being Shorey's clearance and not Robinson that set up the cross for the goal.

Make's me feel a a bit better for Shorey.

Thats what I thought but the replay shows it was Robinson who kicked the ball.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 23 Aug 2007 11:29

Was at the game and i must say very pleased with his performance, looked comfortable when called upon and also did some very neat passes.

But for England missed chances are costly !

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Aug 2007 11:37

The Surgeon of Crowthorne
Archies Volley
Only one Trevor Morley
Archies Volley
Norfolk Royal Can we just clear this up.

A bloke in my office is insisting that for Germany's first goal, it was Shorey who hacked it out to Germany's right wing and then the bloke slung the cross back in.

But the way I saw it, it was Robinson who hacked it out.

Who is right?

you are

def robinson

should have left it to shorey (and held the shot in the first place!)

i thought it was definitely shorey who cleared it.

oh dear - maybe i had more to drink than i thought!

i still say robinson but maybe some one needs to find the you tube link so we can all watch again!
Watch the replay if you can. Robinson kicks it almost from underneath Nicky while lying on the ground. Shorey then does stand too far from the player who crosses it.

You are right on the first bit but I think expect too much from Shorey on the second. If he'd managed to close the player down before he had crossed he would be on the world athletics circuit as a top 100m man rather than playing football! When Robinson kicked it away off his foot, Shorey was not far outside the six yard box. He had no chance of closing the player before he got the cross in.

I think we are generally being true Royals fans and being over critical of our own man. He did get forward quite a bit and slipped some very good passes through to the midfielders/forwards in good attacking positions. In the second half he chipped a lovely short pass over his marker and into the path of Cole (?) bursting into the area but he failed to make the most of it.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Aug 2007 11:42

papereyes
Franchise FC

England are so useless....... There is so much pressure on the team that all the players play such useless unadventurous football.

They don't have the guts to try and play a little bit. Shorey didn't make enough forward runs and when he got the ball, no one ran into areas so that he could play them in. He kept having to sweep it across the back four.

I disagree entirely. Shorey was not helped by the fact that it took Joe Cole 37 minutes to pass the ball to him (and yes, I was watching for it), and then when he did it was a bloody hospital ball.

What is Cole's problem with Shorey ?
NS was available as an outlet on a number of occassions, but ignored by Cole. Lampard & Terry were quite happy giving him the ball, so it's not a Chelsea thing.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 23 Aug 2007 11:51

NS was available as an outlet on a number of occassions, but ignored by Cole. Lampard & Terry were quite happy giving him the ball, so it's not a Chelsea thing.

If he's passing to someone with the same name on the shirt he doesn't feel like he's lost time on the ball ;)

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 23 Aug 2007 12:00

Franchise FC
papereyes
Franchise FC

fat frank and terry only gave him the ball with square passes when there was no movement ahead so that shorey was the one to hit the long ball and fat frank and terry looked good for not giving the ball away