Last Chance For Lita?

366 posts
Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Nov 2007 21:28

Coppelled Streets
Behindu I guess someone who sends pics of his willy to people is more mature than someone who sends pictures of his latest conquest !

And the rest.

Lita the striker is superb and would do well at most Premiership clubs. Lita the person is just a complete tool with a huge chip on one shoulder which possibly explains his oxf*rd walk.

His antics will not be missed, his goals may be.

Who cares????!!!

Does he do that on the field in the 90minutes you or I watch? No.

So WHO CARES what he gets up to in his private life. He's made a few mistakes in the past, the last thing was a bit of fun which had no consequence on anyone just a bit of an embarassing moment in his life.

What is more concerning is our players on the pitch making horror tackles and getting the club in the papers for the wrong reasons on numerous occasions. Lita hasn't done that.

Lita hasn't been good this season, not sure why but he's struggled for form, similar to last season and then he came good. But of course at 22 he should be the finished article and should be brilliant. If we lose a talented English striker in January I'd personally be bitterly disappointed, Nugent to replace him hmmm would soften the blow i suppose, although IMO he's definitely no better than him.

I find some of the comments on here a bit sad tbh.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Nov 2007 21:29

Berry What I was trying to say was last season we had our tails up. The team were scoring for fun, Coppell was IMO rotating the strikers last season.
Has Doyle been in a relegation dogfight before? Is it good to have a player of Litas calibre lacking real match practise?
Lita can perform the holding player role very well.
Anyway im sure these qustions will be answered in time

Were you there last season?

Coppell didn't "rotate" his strikers. Kitson spent most the season out injured and we spent substatial amounts of the season with only 1 recognised striker available. How on Earth is that rotating your strikers? Unless you mean he rotated them through the the treatement room.

Has Lita been in a relegation dogfight before? No? Therefore an irrelevent point.

In YOUR opinion Lita can play upfont on his own and play a holding role. I've seen nothing to demonstrate he could do that. Yes, he's more mobile than Kitson, but Kitson is better in the air, better at winning and holding the ball, better at playing himself out of trouble and better at spreading the play to others. Of course thats my opinion.

Doyle is currently finding out what its like to be a known quantity. He's suffering because we're not playing well and that in turn makes it harder for him to get the ball in good positions and run at the defence, which IMO is what he does best. Sadly with our current midfield defences are able to double or triple up on him and there is no space created for him to run into, because our midfield are still trying to cross the halfway line when the ball is around the oppositions box.

The few times we've got the midfield to really join the attack we've scored. Harper really needs to play further up the pitch.

At the moment Long provides more coming off the bench than Lita. I'd still start Lita over Long should Kits or Doyle become unavailble or Doyle play on the right.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 27 Nov 2007 21:45

LOL at Reading fans.. willing Lita away. He has potential to be a great striker for England. But because he is a bit of a rude boy, we need to get rid and quick...

I should hope he was dropped for the shocking misses against Newcastle. He scored for the reserves, should make the bench next game, maybe come on and score.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 27 Nov 2007 22:02

Yorkshire Royal LOL at Reading fans.. willing Lita away.

Why?

He's always had a lack of consistency in the box and 9 out of 10 times he shoots too early!

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 27 Nov 2007 22:09

It's just the fact that people want to get rid because of his "attitude". If you think he is shit, then fair enough.. but his "attitude" as a reason is just laughable..

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 27 Nov 2007 22:28

Fezza

by Fezza » 27 Nov 2007 22:28

Alan Partridge
Coppelled Streets
Behindu I guess someone who sends pics of his willy to people is more mature than someone who sends pictures of his latest conquest !

And the rest.

Lita the striker is superb and would do well at most Premiership clubs. Lita the person is just a complete tool with a huge chip on one shoulder which possibly explains his oxf*rd walk.

Who cares????!!!

So WHO CARES what he gets up to in his private life. He's made a few mistakes in the past, the last thing was a bit of fun which had no consequence on anyone just a bit of an embarassing moment in his life.

What is more concerning is our players on the pitch making horror tackles and getting the club in the papers for the wrong reasons on numerous occasions. Lita hasn't done that.

Lita hasn't been good this season, not sure why but he's struggled for form, similar to last season and then he came good. But of course at 22 he should be the finished article and should be brilliant. If we lose a talented English striker in January I'd personally be bitterly disappointed, Nugent to replace him hmmm would soften the blow i suppose, although IMO he's definitely no better than him.

Couldn't agree more, I find it absolutely pathetic that anyone would get rid of a decent player just because of his personal life. He's not a conficted racist thug like some in the prem so let him get on with his football! I think he will be a great asset for the club.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 27 Nov 2007 22:33

That's a dubious fukking whoosh there...

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 27 Nov 2007 22:44

The best sort!

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 27 Nov 2007 22:49

Yeah... lets get rid of the striker we have with the best strike rate for the club...great idea.

Lets play without a keeper too and just 4 outfield players!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Nov 2007 08:46

Frankly the only person whose view on Lita that matters at RFC is Coppell. If he's had enough or thinks he's not pulling his weight then the rumoured deal will more than likely happen.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 28 Nov 2007 09:21

If we can buy someone better than Long & Lita I am all for it. If not then all Lita can do is keep banging in the goals for the reserves and wait for his chance

Magicman

by Magicman » 28 Nov 2007 10:10

Stranded Frankly the only person whose view on Lita that matters at RFC is Coppell. If he's had enough or thinks he's not pulling his weight then the rumoured deal will more than likely happen.

Surely the opions of the Dillon & Wally matter, plus the board, the other players and the groundsman

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Nov 2007 11:38

Magicman
Stranded Frankly the only person whose view on Lita that matters at RFC is Coppell. If he's had enough or thinks he's not pulling his weight then the rumoured deal will more than likely happen.

Surely the opions of the Dillon & Wally matter, plus the board, the other players and the groundsman

I'm sure they give their input but if Coppell doesn't want a player he won't be forced to keep him.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 28 Nov 2007 12:26

Yorkshire Royal It's just the fact that people want to get rid because of his "attitude". If you think he is shit, then fair enough.. but his "attitude" as a reason is just laughable..

I'm sorry your comment is laughable. If Lita's attitude is effecting the sqaud then it does become relevant. For years managers have sold players for non-playing reasons and I believe it will happen with Lita.

I reckon there's more to his recent dropping than has been made public and a local press man told me Coppell has had enough of Lita and is looking to sell him.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 28 Nov 2007 12:34

Lita's beghavior needs to be put in the context of the whole club

If your company that employed you had a wholesome image as a good reliable family product and your behaviour was alienating your target market. Then what do you think your employer would do?

Especially when you have three strikers available all with good wholesome public profiles.

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 28 Nov 2007 12:43

It is remarkable how many players leave clubs for "footballing reasons" you know "bigger club, fresh start, new challenge etc" and some time later the lurid tales of gambling, drinking, drug taking and so forth become public knowledge. Whatever the truth is about him, Leroy Lita serves no useful purpose, when he is not focused on playing football, well, for his club and country, and this is where we are with him right now, so if he leaves we have lost precisely err?..............nothing!
Last edited by sucatraps on 28 Nov 2007 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 28 Nov 2007 12:43

Alan Partridge
Coppelled Streets

And the rest.

Who cares????!!!

Spot on.

Total bollocks from CoppeLOLOLed Streets. Speak to someone from within the club and they'll paint a completely different picture of Lita. Very professional, extremely polite, diligent trainer, who's just out of form at the moment. It happens. I hope it's this and not the petty tabloid stories that's restricting his chances currently, because his potential is immense. Lita's lack of form and goals isn't the root of our problems and a swap deal with Nugent won't solve them either.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 28 Nov 2007 15:30

Scarface I'm sorry your comment is laughable. If Lita's attitude is effecting the sqaud then it does become relevant. For years managers have sold players for non-playing reasons and I believe it will happen with Lita.

Sorry but that is laughable. Show me one example of how Lita is effecting the squad for the worse? Give me one quote from a Reading player, or even a rumour, from a squad member that Lita is rocking the boat? You literally have no idea. All we know is that he got in the Sunday papers again for the wrong reason. And then he was dropped after a shocking performance. It's funny how your local press man has a completely different view to that painted by the club member that Whore Jackie quotes in a later post. Is he very professional, or do they get rid? Or maybe he was dropped for a poor display.

People dont like him because he has an attitude and an arrogance about him. It's what he does on the pitch for 90 mins that counts. Reading fans are so bloody high and mighty about this. Who cares what he does in his private life as long as no laws are broken. You have clearly judged him already...

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 29 Nov 2007 12:18

Yorkshire Royal
Scarface I'm sorry your comment is laughable. If Lita's attitude is effecting the sqaud then it does become relevant. For years managers have sold players for non-playing reasons and I believe it will happen with Lita.

Sorry but that is laughable. Show me one example of how Lita is effecting the squad for the worse? Give me one quote from a Reading player, or even a rumour, from a squad member that Lita is rocking the boat? You literally have no idea. All we know is that he got in the Sunday papers again for the wrong reason. And then he was dropped after a shocking performance. It's funny how your local press man has a completely different view to that painted by the club member that Whore Jackie quotes in a later post. Is he very professional, or do they get rid? Or maybe he was dropped for a poor display.

People dont like him because he has an attitude and an arrogance about him. It's what he does on the pitch for 90 mins that counts. Reading fans are so bloody high and mighty about this. Who cares what he does in his private life as long as no laws are broken. You have clearly judged him already...

I have met him when out in Reading and believe me he acts like a total w@nker.

366 posts