Some of Steve Coppell's decisions mystify me

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Jan 2008 14:57

From the experiment I can only assume Coppell has concluded:

Pearce can do a good job, at least compared to recent performances frommore experienced central defenders

Cox is as good as any non right winger playing on the right wing, apart from Hunt.

DLC is playing well and probably deserves a place in the starting lineup

Cisse can play as a central defender

Federici may be worth considering in light of costly goalkeeping errors by Marcus

Convey is underperforming/out of form/knackered

Hunt and Lita need to play as Kitson and Doyle must be tiring, plus Kitson probably has other things on his mind.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 16 Jan 2008 15:04

Forbury Lion From the experiment I can only assume Coppell has concluded:

Pearce can do a good job, at least compared to recent performances frommore experienced central defenders

Cox is as good as any non right winger playing on the right wing, apart from Hunt.

Federici may be worth considering in light of costly goalkeeping errors by Marcus

If that is the case, then I would judge that SC has learned a lot and that his experimenting was worthwhile.

Hunt and Lita need to play as Kitson and Doyle must be tiring, plus Kitson probably has other things on his mind.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 16 Jan 2008 18:43

Old Biscuitman

If that is the case, then I would judge that SC has learned a lot and that his experimenting was worthwhile.

why do people quote other posts in their entirity and add no comment?

readingfc13

by readingfc13 » 16 Jan 2008 18:52

Old Biscuitman

His comment is within the quote

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jan 2008 08:12

Having concluded all of that - what's the chance of an unchanged team from the Villa game?!!

That's assuming Kitson isn't otherwise detained!

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 17 Jan 2008 12:44

Old Biscuitman

People on hob nob don't always know what they're doing so you have to seek out the hidden messages :wink:

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 18 Jan 2008 00:42

Interesting to see how people feel about Coppell's policy on not willing to sign players on-loan from fellow Premier League sides? This window has seen Jonny Evans return to Sunderland, Villa defender Gary Cahill is currently in discussions with Birmingham about a loan move. And history shows the impact loan signings can make, you look at West Brom's survival of 2004/2005 and it's fair to suggets Kieran Richardson had a major impact, playing a major role in the central midfield area. But then the case of David Bentley who endured a horrible loan spell at Norwich, not looking a shade he is the player today.