Reading fans-little club mentality

When Hicks went up...

Re: Reading fans-little club mentality

by When Hicks went up... » 19 Mar 2008 11:33

Huntley & Palmer
brendywendy it started off 50-50, but doyle ended up being thrown horizontally behind the bloke, making it much more 70-30

Well Carragher was in front of Doyle all along and was shielding the ball. Doyle was trying to pull him out of the way in the first instance so I can't see how anyone can say it was a penalty

It was a penalty.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 19 Mar 2008 11:35

Huntley & Palmer Don't worry, he's still a fat, Chilli's eating shit goalkeeper in my eyes. Made some good stops recently, though was out of position for Mascherano's goal IMHO :wink:

There isn't a "phew" emoticon but i'm just relieved that normal service has been resumed and your ID hasn't been taken by an impOSTER. God thats funny.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 19 Mar 2008 11:36

Liverpool 2 Reading 1 Full Time.

It isn't going to change. Move on.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Mar 2008 11:37

Huntley & Palmer
brendywendy it started off 50-50, but doyle ended up being thrown horizontally behind the bloke, making it much more 70-30

Well Carragher was in front of Doyle all along and was shielding the ball. Doyle was trying to pull him out of the way in the first instance so I can't see how anyone can say it was a penalty

at the point at which it looked like doyle might get a foot round carra he basically used his arm to pull doyle out of the way, knocking him over in the process
if you pick up the bloke behind you and throw him round your shoulders onto the floor its a penalty
doesnt matter if the guy got close to you previously.

there, i said it, i think it was a penalty, would have been if it was the other way round too.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 19 Mar 2008 11:37

When Hicks went up...
Huntley & Palmer

It was a penalty.

I've not checked the particular law involved but the evidence of this season would suggest there is some sort of special "Carragher bylaw" when it comes to being penalised for grappling players inside the penalty area..

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Mar 2008 11:38

oops yeah, forgot about the "carragher clause"

No Pen!

When Hicks went up...

by When Hicks went up... » 19 Mar 2008 11:45

Vision
I've not checked the particular law involved but the evidence of this season would suggest there is some sort of special "Carragher bylaw" when it comes to being penalised for grappling players inside the penalty area..

I didn't mean it. I thought the challenge was 50:50 also. I was more referring to the " I can't see how anyone can say it was...", which has to be one of the best phrases in the English language.