Fae gone to Nice

133 posts
sheshnu

Re: Fae gone to Nice

by sheshnu » 10 Jun 2008 14:52

Indeed, but as is so often the case the extremists(!) on both sides ignore everybody except each other leaving relatively reasonable folk stuck in the middle of a preposterous game of one-upmanship.

Anyway Fae will probably do well at Nice, don't know what their finances are like so I'm unable to comment on whether they'll fork out a couple of million for him but it's probably what he'll be worth if he performs like he did at Nantes.

knights_1990

by knights_1990 » 10 Jun 2008 16:01

Thank god for that. what a shit load of good he was!!!!

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 10 Jun 2008 19:01

Thaumagurist*
rabidbee Are you really such a tw@t, or is this a really bad joke? Babel translated Premier League into First League.

You read that wrong. I reckon the First League bit refers to the French Ligue 1 and later in that translation it says ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP.....So I'll be expecting an apology from you for calling me a twat.

Yes, fair enough, I did misread that. However, the French call the national title (and top league) Le Championat, so the English Championship is just another way of referring to the Premiership - the winners of whom are the English Champions, after all.

I'm not withdrawing the tw@t comment because, when it comes to the French, you really are a total twa@t.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 11 Jun 2008 11:46

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 25 Jun 2010 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 11 Jun 2008 11:57

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Jun 2008 12:51

this bloke gets on my nerves so much id quite like uis to hold on to his registration
but ban him from th eground and training and reserves-so he just rots at home for the next two years

i cant see any club seeing these commenst and going"hmm yeah, this blokes got a great attitude, lets buy him"what a cnut

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 11 Jun 2008 13:00

brendywendy this bloke gets on my nerves so much id quite like uis to hold on to his registration
but ban him from th eground and training and reserves-so he just rots at home for the next two years

i cant see any club seeing these commenst and going"hmm yeah, this blokes got a great attitude, lets buy him"what a cnut

I agree.

I do think Coppell should have played him more though.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Jun 2008 13:02

Archie's penalty
brendywendy this bloke gets on my nerves so much id quite like uis to hold on to his registration

I agree.

cant help but 'gree with that
after his malaria when he came on(newcastle away) he looked a decent player
and he did have fewer chances than he should have had
but judging by th eattitude he displays now, i can see why copps thought not
an attitude it would have been tough to spot before buying

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 11 Jun 2008 13:07

brendywendy
Archie's penalty

I agree.

cant help but 'gree with that
after his malaria when he came on(newcastle away) he looked a decent player
and he did have fewer chances than he should have had
but judging by th eattitude he displays now, i can see why copps thought not
an attitude it would have been tough to spot before buying

I think the key period was not after he had malaria but at the beginning of the season. Coppell should have played
him in the middle of the park more. After that Fae got disenchanted. Fwiw I saw him at Sunderland away and
his sub appearance in the middle improved our play no end. We looked flat before that.
I love Coppell but he has no idea how to deal with players with egos.

Fae is behaving like an idiot now though...

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Jun 2008 13:33

Archie's penalty Fae is behaving like an idiot now though...

Why? If the Coppell is God brigade can pull their head out of the sand for a millisecond they might see that Fae has a point - why pay a record transfer fee for a player who you never play?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 11 Jun 2008 13:46

at least we only paid £2.5m rather than the £4.5m bid we had rejected for him the year before.

We are getting the majority of our money back on him, so it can't be considered too bad. It just seems that whenever we make a high profile signing, people seem to think he'll be the best thing since sliced bread and if they are not, bash criticism

Coppell has done brillinatly in the market, we got money back for Halford and Fae but we got Doyle, Long, Kitson, Sonko, Ivar, Little, Hunt-all sucesses for a fraction of the money. We can't judge him now until September 1st when the window closes and see what position we are in

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Jun 2008 13:49

gazzer, loyal royal We are getting the majority of our money back on him, so it can't be considered too bad.

Oh dear :lol:

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 11 Jun 2008 13:51

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 11 Jun 2008 13:55

gazzer, loyal royal at least we only paid £2.5m rather than the £4.5m bid we had rejected for him the year before.

We are getting the majority of our money back on him, so it can't be considered too bad. It just seems that whenever we make a high profile signing, people seem to think he'll be the best thing since sliced bread and if they are not, bash criticism

Coppell has done brillinatly in the market, we got money back for Halford and Fae but we got Doyle, Long, Kitson, Sonko, Ivar, Little, Hunt-all sucesses for a fraction of the money. We can't judge him now until September 1st when the window closes and see what position we are in

Yep that was sheer Coppell brillaince, all his own work and the plan all along to spend £5million on two duds and to make profit. Got extremely lucky with Halford.

Coppell's transfer record since January of the year we went up has been absolutely shite and is the number 1 reason Reading got relegated last season.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 11 Jun 2008 14:01

I'm bored with Reading FC..............................

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 11 Jun 2008 14:06

I am not bothered if people like Coppell or not either way but surely the lack of performance on the pitch from the players is the Number 1 reason we got relegated as we had proved the previous season that we were far better than bottom 3 material and also showed from many a performance in 07/08 season (Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U x 2) that we should have got points against the likes of Fulham and Bolton.. IMO

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Jun 2008 14:12

floyd__streete
Archie's penalty Fae is behaving like an idiot now though...

Why? If the Coppell is God brigade can pull their head out of the sand for a millisecond they might see that Fae has a point - why pay a record transfer fee for a player who you never play?

because its totally unproffesional to throw your toys out of th eprem, refuse to play in any capacity, and then bad mouth th estaff and players of th eteam you want to leave

whoever you are, whatever the circumstances

it was up to him to convince us, and coppell he was worthy of a run in th eteam
something he sigularly failed to do

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 11 Jun 2008 14:12

londinium I am not bothered if people like Coppell or not either way but surely the lack of performance on the pitch from the players is the Number 1 reason we got relegated as we had proved the previous season that we were far better than bottom 3 material and also showed from many a performance in 07/08 season (Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U x 2) that we should have got points against the likes of Fulham and Bolton.. IMO

Sort of sums it up that 2 of our 'better performances to show we are far better than bottom 3 material' were losses.

Reading lost the 2nd most amount of games in the league, and were 2nd in goals conceeded. They weren't better than bottom 3 material.

It was blatantly obvious to anyone who watches Reading that a central midfielder of proven quality was needed, it was blatantly obvious that we needed a decent right winger. The deadwood wasn't cleared last season, Coppell put faith into some players that have NEVER been good enough (Oster for example) and Reading went down. The whole squad lacked a freshness and a bit of quality. I am still amazed that a manager with his experience and nouse couldn't see that, it's all well and good saying it now, it's far too late. The January window was critical to Reading's season, everyone on here and at the games I spoke to said the same thing. Just like from our first transfer window being a Premiership club, we failed. Reading went down because of it.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 11 Jun 2008 14:19

Alan Partridge
londinium I am not bothered if people like Coppell or not either way but surely the lack of performance on the pitch from the players is the Number 1 reason we got relegated as we had proved the previous season that we were far better than bottom 3 material and also showed from many a performance in 07/08 season (Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U x 2) that we should have got points against the likes of Fulham and Bolton.. IMO

Sort of sums it up that 2 of our 'better performances to show we are far better than bottom 3 material' were losses.

Reading lost the 2nd most amount of games in the league, and were 2nd in goals conceeded. They weren't better than bottom 3 material.

It was blatantly obvious to anyone who watches Reading that a central midfielder of proven quality was needed, it was blatantly obvious that we needed a decent right winger. The deadwood wasn't cleared last season, Coppell put faith into some players that have NEVER been good enough (Oster for example) and Reading went down. The whole squad lacked a freshness and a bit of quality. I am still amazed that a manager with his experience and nouse couldn't see that, it's all well and good saying it now, it's far too late. The January window was critical to Reading's season, everyone on here and at the games I spoke to said the same thing. Just like from our first transfer window being a Premiership club, we failed. Reading went down because of it.

I still think we were good enough to stay up with the squad we had. The reason we didn't is due to the players and the manager. The key matches were clearly those two games against Bolton and Fulham at home. My question is how come the players were so unmotivated in those two games? Can anyone answer this? Please don't go back to the January transfer window again. I was SO bored of all the discussion in January. Can't we change the record?

Once again why were the players so unmotivated in those two crucial games?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 11 Jun 2008 14:20

Archie's penalty
Alan Partridge

I still think we were good enough to stay up with the squad we had. The reason we didn't is due to the players and the manager. The key matches were clearly those two games against Bolton and Fulham at home. My question is how come the players were so unmotivated in those two games? Can anyone answer this? Please don't go back to the January transfer window again. I was SO bored of all the discussion in January. Can't we change the record?

Once again why were the players so unmotivated in those two crucial games?

Unmotivated? I don't think that was the problem. I just think our overachieving CCC squad was thoroughly outplayed by two teams full of international players that underachieved for most of the season.

both Bolton's and Fulham's teams were and are MILES better than Reading's team.

133 posts