Back From The Game - Forest (A)

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back From The Game

by Uke » 11 Aug 2008 11:07

floyd__streete
Uke How many have considered that this is the first outing for two teams in a new division - one being 'nervous' after relegation and returning with its tail between its legs the other being in "go for it" mode like we were two seasons ago.

Nervous? 8 of those who started yesterday had played for us last time we were in this division, it was hardly a trip into the unknown was it? What were they nervous of? Robert Earnshaw? Robin Hood beating up the marines?

Yes, nervous!

They are returning back with their tails between their legs having been professionally embarrased.

Its just natural

Its like you dumped your mates for a new best friend and are coming back

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 11 Aug 2008 11:11

Uke How many of the Back from the Match comments are a result of the genuinely awe-inspiring in its crapness and lack of excitment commentary on the television?

How many have considered that this is the first outing for two teams in a new division - one being 'nervous' after relegation and returning with its tail between its legs the other being in "go for it" mode like we were two seasons ago.

From the TV, things weren't perfect that's obvious. But its not the doom and gloom that the thread seems to suggest - not yet anyway.

Still why should that get in way of a good whinge?

Agree with all of that.

floyd__streete
Uke How many have considered that this is the first outing for two teams in a new division - one being 'nervous' after relegation and returning with its tail between its legs the other being in "go for it" mode like we were two seasons ago.

Nervous? 8 of those who started yesterday had played for us last time we were in this division, it was hardly a trip into the unknown was it? What were they nervous of? Robert Earnshaw? Robin Hood beating up the marines?

What we have this time however is a great deal expectation. When I got back I watched the highlights from Sky and you could tell it was based around how Reading are supposedly 'Big Boys' in this league. It is this that none of these players have ever experienced.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Aug 2008 11:27

The game was fooking rubbish. Rubbish. Can we all just stop talking about it please?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Aug 2008 11:32

Uke Yes, nervous!

They are returning back with their tails between their legs having been professionally embarrased.

Its just natural

Its like you dumped your mates for a new best friend and are coming back

Perhaps we should've made a bit more effort (or at least been more successful) in adding some fresh blood and enthusiasm to the side then?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Aug 2008 11:34

Rawlie19
Hoop Blah
Rawlie19 I know that at least some of you are nobbers (literally) as you were trying to get a "Bill Oddie" chant going, so I hope you read this and are ashamed... Doubt it though. Small minded racist bigots will get off on a post like this.

Bill Odie pre-dates Hob Nob by years.

I thought the first Bill Oddie chant was Brentford in early 00's?

Pretty sure I remember singing it well before that, but what I meant was that them singing it doesn't mean they're nobbers as it was about before it was taken on board by the masses on here.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 11 Aug 2008 11:38

Bill Oddie was from the early 90s Reading Drinking Squad, I thought.

Not really sure that the match needs to be examined to death. The fast paced game that we consistently played until early 2007 has not suddenly returned simply because we've dropped a division. We haven't yet found a successful replacement for that type of game, and this team remains a work in progress, as it probably will do throughout this season.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Aug 2008 11:46

Baines Bill Oddie was from the early 90s Reading Drinking Squad, I thought.

That's how I remembered it.

Agreed that this side is making it's own way too. It's totally devoid of the confidence and momentum that the Little and Sidwell driven team of 05-06 had and I think we're in for a bit of a dull time of it whilst Coppell trys to stumble upon a new mix that will hit it off again.

As dull as the performance was, it didn't surprise me, and it could've been worse really.

sticky palms

Forest v Reading

by sticky palms » 19 Aug 2008 13:05

Hiya Guys and Gals,

Bit of a report here from last week's game, a bit late, I know, but my account only just got activated. It's an alternative look at the day by a groundhopper.

http://stickypalms.blogspot.com/

Cheers
Sticky :D