Team for Crystal Palace

215 posts
rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Team for Crystal Palace

by rg6royal » 27 Aug 2008 18:15

PEARCEY
Platypuss
rg6royal Pearce and Ingi at the back as Sonko is suspended isn't he?

:roll:

How come you haven't taken any notice of the loads of posts and threads saying he would miss only Luton - you seem to have posted in virtually every other one.

Put your handbag away Platypuss

'greed

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Aug 2008 18:16

:lol:

Roll on term time.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 27 Aug 2008 18:18

Roll on anti-twat moderator day.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Aug 2008 18:20

You get the moderators you deserve - sorry.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Aug 2008 18:22

rfcjoe
SCIAG
rfcjoe So sonks is available he has to start with pearcey. Ivar is one of the roots of our problem. He'a slow, gets turned too easily, crap on the deck. With sonks and pearce we have pace which is whay we've been lacking!

Pearce isn't much faster than Ivar.

If you can't see Peacey is quicker than ivar then i doubt your eyesight. Pearcey is very quick over short distances and as we saw last night, he doesn't get turned.

Glenn Roeder agrees with me. I'm sorry, you can't say that Pearce provides pace because he's quicker than Ivar. Quicker doesn't mean quick.
(I actually agree with you that Pearce should be in the team)

jrshwaa

by jrshwaa » 27 Aug 2008 18:32

i'm interested to see most of you would drop ingi ahead of sonko?

yeah he scored against charlton but sonko was @ fault for 3 of the goals, he backed off bouazza until he was in the box and then couldn't tackle him, he gave away a penalty becuase he didn't deal with the situation further up the pitch and he got caught under the ball for the 3rd.

If i could pick from a fully fit squad i would have

USA

rosenior Ingi Duberry Armstrong

Kebe Harper Bikey S. Hunt

Lita N. Hunt

while pearce, henry and karacan looked good against Luton, they were playing Luton there is a big difference in between League 2 and Championship, they would never get that much space and time on the ball on saturday.

I'd however expect to see

USA

rosenior Ingi sonko s.hunt

Kebe Harper Bikey convey

Lita Doyle

also why so many Harper haters? i know he doesn't pass forward everytime he gets the ball, but at least he wins and then rarely gives it away

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 27 Aug 2008 18:41

jrshwaa i'm interested to see most of you would drop ingi ahead of sonko?

yeah he scored against charlton but sonko was @ fault for 3 of the goals, he backed off bouazza until he was in the box and then couldn't tackle him, he gave away a penalty becuase he didn't deal with the situation further up the pitch and he got caught under the ball for the 3rd.

If i could pick from a fully fit squad i would have

USA

rosenior Ingi Duberry Armstrong

Kebe Harper Bikey S. Hunt

Lita N. Hunt

while pearce, henry and karacan looked good against Luton, they were playing Luton there is a big difference in between League 2 and Championship, they would never get that much space and time on the ball on saturday.

I'd however expect to see

USA

rosenior Ingi sonko s.hunt

Kebe Harper Bikey convey

Lita Doyle

also why so many Harper haters? i know he doesn't pass forward everytime he gets the ball, but at least he wins and then rarely gives it away

Not sure your first post was worth two years 19 days waiting for but Fcuk off newb.......oh I've never wanted to say it.
:wink:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 27 Aug 2008 19:21

brendywendy i think after 1 training day with the club that it was too soon to put anyone into the team, regardless of where theyre from

dont get me wrong-id love to see him play
and get hunt onto the LW
but, sensibly i dont think it would work

id be ecstatic if copps disagreed and put him straight in too.

As mentioned under another topic Kompany at Man City was signed on the Friday and played on the Sunday AND was Man of the match.
He also came from another country whereas Armstrong comes from Sheffield and has played in both The Premiership and The Championship.
I agree with AP-get him in.
BTW who is he fighting for that left-back spot?
It can only be Goldbourne who Coppell doesn't seem to want to play having invested £500,000 in another full-back so why not play him in a home game especially as the manager will almost certainly play the rest of the back three( who were collectively poor v Charlton)?
We then have a two week break so that the rest of the new signings still to be made can bed in. :wink:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Aug 2008 19:22

I'm more worried about who is going to contain Oster when he turns out for them on Saturday. :wink:

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 27 Aug 2008 19:32

Victor Meldrew
brendywendy i think after 1 training day with the club that it was too soon to put anyone into the team, regardless of where theyre from

dont get me wrong-id love to see him play
and get hunt onto the LW
but, sensibly i dont think it would work

id be ecstatic if copps disagreed and put him straight in too.

As mentioned under another topic Kompany at Man City was signed on the Friday and played on the Sunday AND was Man of the match.
He also came from another country whereas Armstrong comes from Sheffield and has played in both The Premiership and The Championship.
I agree with AP-get him in.
BTW who is he fighting for that left-back spot?
It can only be Goldbourne who Coppell doesn't seem to want to play having invested £500,000 in another full-back so why not play him in a home game especially as the manager will almost certainly play the rest of the back three( who were collectively poor v Charlton)?
We then have a two week break so that the rest of the new signings still to be made can bed in. :wink:

Must be Stephen Hunt.
I bet we have the same starting line up as last Saturday with Armstrong coming off the bench for the last five minutes.

nev monkey

by nev monkey » 27 Aug 2008 19:33

jrshwaa also why so many Harper haters? i know he doesn't pass forward everytime he gets the ball, but at least he wins and then rarely gives it away

Which Harper are you talking about? I suspect Kevin cos you can't mean our James. He's a oxf*rd liability.

imo

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2008 20:08

nev monkey
jrshwaa also why so many Harper haters? i know he doesn't pass forward everytime he gets the ball, but at least he wins and then rarely gives it away

Which Harper are you talking about? I suspect Kevin cos you can't mean our James. He's a oxf*rd liability.

imo

Which isn't an especially well informed one in mine.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Aug 2008 20:12

I don't have a problem with Harper, I just think Cisse and Bikey are better tacklers and Marek and Karacan are better passers. Yes, Harper is good otb and has a decent all round game but that's a luxury you can't have in a two man midfield unless there's a complementary player along side him. Karacan would be ideal if his tackling was better, Sidders was ideal.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Aug 2008 20:26

Ian Royal
Alan Partridge I would be stunned if Armstrong didn't play at full back. What on Earth is the point of buying him if he isn't going to play? Other players from abroad I can understand, not Armstrong. We've bought him to play full back, play him.

I'd suggest football is a bit more complex than turning up at a club and then playing in an important first team match a few days later. Especially as a defender. He'll not start against Palace, but he should start the game after that, unless Hunt and Convey have an absolute blinder of a game.

Ingimarsson played at Sheffield United, the day he signed for Reading, we won and he was excellent. The point stands. We've bought Armstrong in to play left back as we don't have a first team left back, now we do, play him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2008 20:35

just because it has been and can be done doesn't mean it's ideal.

Hadn't Ivar played for Coppell elsewhere anyway? Brentford link?

By all means get shirty if he doesn't play the next game. Palace just strikes me as too soon to start getting upset if he doesn'y play.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 27 Aug 2008 20:38

Let's get him in now, why wait? The only reason I can think of is he plays Golbourne, that would be ok with me. If Hunt lines up at left back when we have 2 fit natural left backs available that would be utter nonsense.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2008 20:41

Alan Partridge Let's get him in now, why wait? The only reason I can think of is he plays Golbourne, that would be ok with me. If Hunt lines up at left back when we have 2 fit natural left backs available that would be utter nonsense.

You would think that playing a striker who hasn't scored a goal with his feet in a competitive match for over a year would be utter nonsense.

Yet Coppell still picks Doyle.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2008 20:50

I've explained why I think we will, and maybe should wait. You obviously don't agree. Fair enough.

Golbourne has barely any match practice after a long injury. He did well from all accounts against Luton, but asking him to step up against Palace when we have Hunt who has done fairly well so far would be criminal IMO.

Happily we're back against a team who are struggling for goals, so if we can create a little more we should be alright. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Palace get their first league goal against us. Saying they won't score is bound to guarantee they do.

Regardless I hope we can soon see Hunt in midfield where he belongs.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 27 Aug 2008 20:52

Ian Royal I've explained why I think we will, and maybe should wait. You obviously don't agree. Fair enough.

Golbourne has barely any match practice after a long injury. He did well from all accounts against Luton, but asking him to step up against Palace when we have Hunt who has done fairly well so far would be criminal IMO.

Happily we're back against a team who are struggling for goals, so if we can create a little more we should be alright. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Palace get their first league goal against us. Saying they won't score is bound to guarantee they do.

Regardless I hope we can soon see Hunt in midfield where he belongs.

We can see Hunt in midfield very soon, against Palace if Coppell picks 1 of his 2 left backs.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 27 Aug 2008 20:52

Readingfanman USA

LR
Sonko
Pearce
Armstrong / Hunt

Kebe
Bikey
Karacan
Hunt / Convey

Lita
Hunt. N

Subs - Fed, Ingimarsson, Harper, Doyle, Henry

Not a chance in hell that those 3 will get put on the bench though. :lol:

Thats what I'd like to see, but, have Mooney instead of Doyle on the bench, not a chance that'll happen

215 posts