Transfer Deadline Predictions....

198 posts
Crowthorne Royal

Re: Transfer Deadline Predictions....

by Crowthorne Royal » 01 Sep 2008 18:48

Lita out....anywhere will do, would except as little as £350K for him now.
Always been trouble and to my mind does not have the mental ability to recreate his game. He has one move at present, back in to defender hoping he wont nick the ball....Unfortunately he does, every time.

Doyle is 80/20 likely to stay I think, I'm a little concerned that 'shoite' Roy Keane might come in for him just to bolster his squad.

Would love to see but I don't think it will happen Nugent in for £3M ? (Would pay up to £5m with a good wage packet)

Great player, in a complete slump at Pompey through lack of games, but high quality.
Remember that goal he scored against Palace for Preston in The FA Cup ? unbelievably good.

Finally, it wont happen until January, but what's the chances of Super Glen coming back on loand after not featuring for Pompey. Of all players in the last 3 seasons he is the one I miss the most.

I can remember so many saturdays in the 106 season where we quickly got the ball out to GL and after a bit of wing magic we were 1-0 up and in cruise control again for another victory. He was always a threat in The Prem as well, pinpoint cross for Lita's header against Chelsea - Happy days.

Somehow I can't see Kebe ever doing that consistently........or at all for that matter !

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 01 Sep 2008 19:00

Crowthorne Royal Would love to see but I don't think it will happen Nugent in for £3M ? (Would pay up to £5m with a good wage packet)

Agreed, but if we keep hold of Doyle and Lita I can't really see us moving for another striker.
Crowthorne Royal Finally, it wont happen until January, but what's the chances of Super Glen coming back on loand after not featuring for Pompey. Of all players in the last 3 seasons he is the one I miss the most.

Ummm, zero I would think.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 01 Sep 2008 19:01

Why don't we bid for loads of really expensive well-known players we have no chance of signing to raise our profile? It's working for Man City so why not give it a shot? Won't cost anything yet it'll bring in millions in merchandising and media attention.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 01 Sep 2008 19:05

cant see much going on. only lita out on loan to a prem club like hull, boro or westbrom until jan with the option to buy if he does well. on top of that maybe gylfi sigurdsson and mikkel andersson getting loans to a league one or league two club until jan.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Sep 2008 19:10

Coming off a win, so prolly not much doing. Its happened b4.

In some ways we'd have been off losing to Palarse so we'd get some players in.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 01 Sep 2008 19:22

we reject a bid from everton for Shunt..3.5m source SSN
Last edited by Chaney on 01 Sep 2008 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

starbug

by starbug » 01 Sep 2008 19:23

£3.5m :shock: they must be taking the piss - double that thanks.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 01 Sep 2008 19:40

Chaney we reject a bid from everton for Shunt..3.5m source SSN

they will come back with an improved offer no doubt. hope not as i think he is integral to any promotion push based on performances thus far this season

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 01 Sep 2008 19:41

maybe i missed it somewhere but does anyone know why Lita was dropped from the squad on saturday?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Sep 2008 19:42

Reading sign Paddy O'Doors from Craggy Island Rovers for 3 Euros, some tarmac and a Guinness fridge magnet.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 01 Sep 2008 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 01 Sep 2008 19:43

floyd__streete Reading sign Paddy O'Doors from Craggy Island Rovers for e Euros, some tarmac and a Guinness fridge magnet.

:o What a bargain!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Sep 2008 19:47

floyd__streete Reading sign Paddy O'Doors from Craggy Island Rovers for 3 Euros, some tarmac and a Guinness fridge magnet.

Wages could be a problem.

Will be another typical transfer deadline for reading. 1/2 Out for big fee's, f c u k all in as usual. " happy with what we've got".
Same old club with no ambition.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Sep 2008 19:48

Crowthorne Royal Lita out....anywhere will do, would except as little as £350K for him now.
Always been trouble and to my mind does not have the mental ability to recreate his game. He has one move at present, back in to defender hoping he wont nick the ball....Unfortunately he does, every time.

Doyle is 80/20 likely to stay I think, I'm a little concerned that 'shoite' Roy Keane might come in for him just to bolster his squad.

Would love to see but I don't think it will happen Nugent in for £3M ? (Would pay up to £5m with a good wage packet)

Great player, in a complete slump at Pompey through lack of games, but high quality.
Remember that goal he scored against Palace for Preston in The FA Cup ? unbelievably good.

Finally, it wont happen until January, but what's the chances of Super Glen coming back on loand after not featuring for Pompey. Of all players in the last 3 seasons he is the one I miss the most.

I can remember so many saturdays in the 106 season where we quickly got the ball out to GL and after a bit of wing magic we were 1-0 up and in cruise control again for another victory. He was always a threat in The Prem as well, pinpoint cross for Lita's header against Chelsea - Happy days.

Somehow I can't see Kebe ever doing that consistently........or at all for that matter !

Isn't there a secure medical facility in Crowthorne? :x

dobcheck

by dobcheck » 01 Sep 2008 19:50

I think Hunty will go though i think his worth to the team this season could be worth more than any fee we recieve unless we sign a top left midfielder before midnight :lol:

REALROYAL

by REALROYAL » 01 Sep 2008 19:51

No a prediction just a little wish.. Ben Watson would be great for us, and if Hunt is off then we will have to spend sopme cash.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 01 Sep 2008 19:52

FiNeRaIn
floyd__streete Reading sign Paddy O'Doors from Craggy Island Rovers for 3 Euros, some tarmac and a Guinness fridge magnet.

Wages could be a problem.

Will be another typical transfer deadline for reading. 1/2 Out for big fee's, f c u k all in as usual. " happy with what we've got".
Same old club with no ambition.

i know Roy Keane is stupid but surely he would not pay a big fee for half a player?not sure doyle or hunt would be too happy about it either really! :wink:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Sep 2008 19:53

Royalee Why don't we bid for loads of really expensive well-known players we have no chance of signing to raise our profile? It's working for Man City so why not give it a shot? Won't cost anything yet it'll bring in millions in merchandising and media attention.

This has got me thinking. How come there have been so many takeovers in football recently but the one chairman trying to sell his club would suggest that his attempts to sell are not so serious?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 01 Sep 2008 19:53

FiNeRaIn Will be another typical transfer deadline for reading. 1/2 Out for big fee's, f c u k all in as usual.

When was the last transfer deadline that anyone left us for a big fee?

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 01 Sep 2008 19:56

Nothing new, but isn't it boring being a Reading fan on Transfer Deadline day. Nothing exciting ever happens.
Excitement is really shown when top story on the Pfficial Web Site is picrure special from Saturday. YAWN :roll:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Sep 2008 19:57

Arch
FiNeRaIn Will be another typical transfer deadline for reading. 1/2 Out for big fee's, f c u k all in as usual.

When was the last transfer deadline that anyone left us for a big fee?

Halford to Sunderland perhaps but probably not. Apart from Halford, who else have we sold in excess of £1m since 1995?

198 posts