Lita's Spot Kick v Stoke

149 posts
Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Lita's Spot Kick v Stoke

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Sep 2008 12:34

Platypuss
Woodcote Royal Only for those who can't be bothered to read it properly.

Or even the first post, it would seem.

This is a classic example of why so many can't be bothered to post here any more.

Yet another decent debate hijacked by pedentry of the worst kind, all ably assisted by a mod.................well done.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Sep 2008 13:01

The first post suggests that Leroy missed on purpose as a feck you reading

Care to break it down otherwise?

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 24 Sep 2008 13:06

Man Friday Just read this:

"Reading could have won it late on in normal time but Lita was guilty of a horrendous miss when he inexplicably headed Henry's right-wing cross wide from barely a yard out and the visitors eventually paid the price."

A YARD out. Suspicious I have to say. Even the reporter seems to be implying that with the word "inexplicable".

Two of our so-called strikers (Lita and N Hunt) both guilty of inexplicable misses from close range when it would have been easier to score (Lita last night and Hunt on Saturday).Hunt can be forgiven for providing an assist for the goal that never was.
A good job we still have Kevin Doyle for a few more months.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 24 Sep 2008 13:16

BR2

"Reading could have won it late on in normal time but Lita was guilty of a horrendous miss when he inexplicably headed Henry's right-wing cross wide from barely a yard out and the visitors eventually paid the price."

A YARD out. Suspicious I have to say. Even the reporter seems to be implying that with the word "inexplicable".

Two of our so-called strikers (Lita and N Hunt) both guilty of inexplicable misses from close range when it would have been easier to score (Lita last night and Hunt on Saturday).Hunt can be forgiven for providing an assist for the goal that never was.

But Hunt has got four goals this season. That is more than Lita has in the last two!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 Sep 2008 13:26

But where does Coppell go from here with Lita? Seriously out of position last night, ok he only'fell' twice if my recollections are correct. Massive miss when it would have closed the game off completely. The penalty miss, blazed over the bar - deleberatly or not. IMO - NOT!!. He tried for the straight down the middle penalty but it didn't come off.
He's been dropped, out of favour, played in the reserves, out on loan, dropped, played in the reserves and cannot seem to pick up a regular first team place and keep it.
He's had the nightclub incident, head butting incident, video incident, and to be honest i think Coppell is starting to run out of realisting options with the man. Dropping him doesn't work so does he get farmed out on loan. Lita seems to lack a motivational spark, is arrogant and in some respects is the player he is because of this. He certainly doesn't lack ability as has been proven in the past but to me it looks like he is not part of the team, acts in isolation and is a want away player. Such a shame really.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 24 Sep 2008 13:46

Woodcote Royal
Platypuss

This is a classic example of why so many can't be bothered to post here any more.

Yet another decent debate hijacked by pedentry of the worst kind, all ably assisted by a mod.................well done.

You and 1 or two others changed the thread to a 'Lita is just rubbish' thread which is not what the original posts/thread was about, it was whether he actually cared and 'missed on purpose' That was 'why this thread was embarassing' because to actually accuse someone of that is utter nonsense.

Lita's current form is why he is currently 4th or maybe now 5th choice here, he hasn't been good enough to demand to start and his goalscoring record in that time well it's non existant. That's a totally new and other debate which you started on here, so yes Woodcote you entirely missed the point of the original thread and yes this thread (the original one that is) Is still absolutely ridiculous and embarassing.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 24 Sep 2008 13:50

BR2

I think it was possibly closer - that said, Henry did absolutely welly it across goal.

But Hunt has got four goals this season. That is more than Lita has in the last two!

But he was good for a month in early 2007!

anR

by anR » 24 Sep 2008 14:04

This thread would assumed that Chrissy Waddle got England knocked out of the World Cup on purpose, yes? I guess the argument is Waddle was visibly more distraught than Lita. But the World Cup is considerably more prestigious than the League Cup! Would Lita really not care about not progressing to pick up subsequent bonuses? Would he really set £10 notes on fire?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 24 Sep 2008 14:08

It didn't look that far over from where I was sitting. I thought he was just trying to put it into the top of the net considering that our last few penalties had been along the ground.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 24 Sep 2008 14:12

Sarah Star It didn't look that far over from where I was sitting. I thought he was just trying to put it into the top of the net considering that our last few penalties had been along the ground.

I haven't seen it but from what i've heard I would just imagine it's an out of form striker with his confidence in bits just leathering it and hoping for the best. There is clearly something massively wrong with Lita, I don't buy the 'he just isn't very good' stuff because he was good enough not so long ago, he has scored some brilliant goals and produced some examples of top class finishing in his RFC career to date. Soemthing over the last year has gone horrendously wrong, be it mentally, has the broken leg affected him? I really don't know what it is but there is something major there.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 24 Sep 2008 15:35

I wasn't too hopeful to begin with when i heard he was taking the 5th penalty, but then when Tony Gale and Paul Walsh on Sky Soccer Special said he was walking up "casually" i just knew he was going to miss it...

Did make me wonder whether someone else should have taken it instead, but then there weren't really any better options.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Sep 2008 15:51

If only Woodcote hadn't put me on "iggy" I could have saved him his further embarrassment, had he bothered to read my post on the subject. :roll:

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 24 Sep 2008 16:15

Dear oh dear oh dear. The first couple of pages are a parade of idiots (with a couple of exceptions) before the sensible voices take over. He didn't miss on purpose, this 'attitude problem' which everyone talks about as experts is just wild speculation. Long on the other hand has none of the qualities required to be a professional footballer, and his performance against Fulham was hardly one of red-blooded commitment was it?

Striker who scored 8 in 8 in the Premiership a couple of years ago but is in a bad run >>>>>> hurler with no discernible talent who 'runs around a lot' and has scored about 3 times in the last 85 games.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 24 Sep 2008 16:25

Good to see Woodcote demonstrating his idiocy again.

Sharpest tool in the box>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Woodcote

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 24 Sep 2008 16:38

i sat in the stoke end and my mates commented how brilliant lita was in the air with shawcross getting beaten to the header virtually everytime in the second half, he didnt have a bad game and was far superior to long who imo should have been replaced with mooney

his penalty wasnt the worst in the shoot out either 8)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Sep 2008 17:04

Lita has never been any good at penalties. He missed two in his first season with us, one for the reserves, and one for the under 21s (plus this one). In that time he's scored ONE (for the under 21s), and that one had no pressure because it was in a pointless shootout after a friendly match. He may have scored some more for the reserves that I've missed.

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 24 Sep 2008 17:06

Not being pedantic but generally when taking penalties players do 1 of 2 things. Place it in the corner or just hit the ball as hard as they can. Lita's casual attitude may well have the keeper thinking he is going for placement but then he blasts the ball.

I don't believe that Lita missed on purpose, just guilty of a miss.

Also when you do blast it from 10 yards out and misses it does tend to seem like it flys miles over the bar as well.

As for his attitude and future at Reading then that is another thread!!!!!!!

retro royal

by retro royal » 24 Sep 2008 17:15

Talking of penalties, the worst I've ever seen taken by an royal, had to be Gilkes against Leicester barely made to the keeper. Remember then people were saying did he miss it on purpose as he came from Leicester originally.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 24 Sep 2008 17:22

Blue and White Toucan Not being pedantic but generally when taking penalties players do 1 of 2 things. Place it in the corner or just hit the ball as hard as they can. Lita's casual attitude may well have the keeper thinking he is going for placement but then he blasts the ball.

I don't believe that Lita missed on purpose, just guilty of a miss.

Also when you do blast it from 10 yards out and misses it does tend to seem like it flys miles over the bar as well.

As for his attitude and future at Reading then that is another thread!!!!!!!

That little spot they put the ball on....well it's 12 yards from the goal by the way! :roll:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 Sep 2008 17:33

Woodcote Royal
Platypuss

Shame you're not one of them.

For the hard of thinking - how can a thread be "hijacked" when it was the clear inference of the original poster that Lita missed on purpose? :|

149 posts