Royals vs Swans match thread

145 posts
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Royals vs Swans match thread

by Archie's penalty » 27 Sep 2008 18:17

Schards#2
Royal Rother 4 games at home, 16 goals for, 2 against.

Having recorded those results, if you really don't think they have done something effective by bringing through Karacan then you need to go find some happy pills.

We simply don't need to buy a replacement for Sidwell.

As long as we are compelled to play 50% of our matches away from home, we do.

To suggest we don't miss Sidwell or Kitson on the strength of a comfrtable win at home to dross is laughable.

Have you ever thought this division might be full of dross?

The way we are going we are going to have a + 50 home goal difference this year!

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 27 Sep 2008 18:18

Archie's penalty
Schards#2

Having recorded those results, if you really don't think they have done something effective by bringing through Karacan then you need to go find some happy pills.

To suggest we don't miss Sidwell or Kitson on the strength of a comfrtable win at home to dross is laughable.

The way we are going we are going to have a + 50 home goal difference this year!

'greed

Apart from the likes of Wolves, Brum, Charton, QPR, Preston...This league is pretty poor.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Sep 2008 18:23

papereyes
Royal Rother It sure looks like you've agreed with my point so why do I get the impression you're still disagreeing with me? :|

To be honest, I thought exactly the same about your post at 17:59 ...

I felt that repeating what I'd said might make things clearer for you.

You said we had not appropriately covered the loss of Sidwell.

I pointed out that Karacan seems to be doing a pretty good job right now.

You said it would be good if we bring someone in, or bring someone through.

I said well Karacan is coming through isn't he.

You repeated the fact that it would be good if we could bring someone through.

I scratched my head then lost the will to live when Schards popped in.

Have a nice evening - and think positive! It's looking pretty good right now and Sidwell, Kitson, Shorey et all are players of the past. Karacan et al are the future and they are doing just fine right now.

Pointing to the away form as a reason not to have confidence in Karacan's ability is laughable. It will come - look forward to the day when it does rather than lamenting the fact it hasn't happened yet.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 27 Sep 2008 18:33

At the same time saying:

papereyes We have one young player who looks like he possibly could do it but is an unknown distance off that yet.

He has made some improvement but it would be naive to think he's the finished article.

So when we get to your post:

4 games at home, 16 goals for, 2 against.

which more than suggests that there's a finality to it, you can clearly see why the original poster thought you might just be playing silly buggers.

I don't know. I think I was scratching my head at you a whole post before you at me. ( :lol: :wink: etc etc and so forth).

Pointing to the away form as a reason not to have confidence in Karacan's ability is laughable

Not laughable: sensible and realistic.

It will come - look forward to the day when it does rather than lamenting the fact it hasn't happened yet.

I'm not lamenting it. I'm trying to see the emotional language I used to describe the situation ... nope ... not there. Lamentations.

I'm just recognising that it hasn't yet - a fact somewhat mirrored in our away performances and results.
Last edited by papereyes on 27 Sep 2008 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

xtreme rebel

by xtreme rebel » 27 Sep 2008 18:40

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 27 Sep 2008 19:00

Archie's penalty
Schards#2

Yip - now we if we can only get the away form together this season will very quickly become a three horse race.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 27 Sep 2008 19:03

At home we will win pretty much all of our games imo. Away if a different story though. Still an Away win is due and a defeat for Wolves is sure to come soon? :P

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Sep 2008 19:05

CMRoyal Yip - now we if we can only get the away form together this season will very quickly become a three horse race.

That's what i think it's going to end up as - and I hate those. Remember 2001 with Millwall, Rotherham and us?

That last home match - with Brum the visitors - already looks like it could be a critical one.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 27 Sep 2008 19:08

Dirk Gently
CMRoyal Yip - now we if we can only get the away form together this season will very quickly become a three horse race.

That's what i think it's going to end up as - and I hate those. Remember 2001 with Millwall, Rotherham and us?

That last home match - with Brum the visitors - already looks like it could be a critical one.

I think it may end up like that as well. Last year, apart from West Brom, the whole division was relentlessly average. This year it looks like there are three pretty good teams. However after Tuesday we shall learn how strong our chances are and what our mental strength is like.

Another thing - there were hardly any peltings last year in the Championship. This year both Wolves and us are hammering teams. This division is going to be much more spread out points wise compared to last year.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 27 Sep 2008 19:10

Just like to say I thought Bryn had a good game today.

Seemed to make a very good partnership with Jem

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Sep 2008 20:07

papereyes

At the same time saying:

papereyes We have one young player who looks like he possibly could do it but is an unknown distance off that yet.

He has made some improvement but it would be naive to think he's the finished article.

So when we get to your post:

4 games at home, 16 goals for, 2 against.

which more than suggests that there's a finality to it, you can clearly see why the original poster thought you might just be playing silly buggers.

I don't know. I think I was scratching my head at you a whole post before you at me. ( :lol: :wink: etc etc and so forth).

Pointing to the away form as a reason not to have confidence in Karacan's ability is laughable

Not laughable: sensible and realistic.

It will come - look forward to the day when it does rather than lamenting the fact it hasn't happened yet.

I'm not lamenting it. I'm trying to see the emotional language I used to describe the situation ... nope ... not there. Lamentations.

I'm just recognising that it hasn't yet - a fact somewhat mirrored in our away performances and results.

OMG. :lol:

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 27 Sep 2008 20:15

I was at work. On a Saturday. Don't get in my way.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Sep 2008 20:28

Archie's penalty
Schards#2

Yep, and we're a contributary factor 50% of the time

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Sep 2008 21:57

If 50% of the time we played like we did against Watford and the other 50% like we did against Sheff Wed and Swansea I reckon 99% of the supporters will be very happy.

Not you of course, you'll still be clinging onto your belief that with Coppell and Madejski at the helm RFC will be dull and uninspiring. :lol:

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 27 Sep 2008 22:07

This division may be 'full of dross' but the thought of Karacan and Gunnarsson running the midfield on Tuesday in Wolverhampton still scares the shit out of me, we have no-one who can dominate the midfield to anywhere near the extent of Sidwell. Karacan looks a good prospect but he's still learning, Gunnarsson is too slow, Harper goes missing, Cisse is just crap, Matejovsky is always injured.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 27 Sep 2008 22:16

Dirk Gently

Indeed. God knows how many goals Cureton and Butler scored that season..we blew it at home to Walsall 2-0 up and only drawing and then blew it again against them in the play-off final.
I've seen us play Walsall only three times and concede 11 sodding goals.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 27 Sep 2008 23:46

Royal Rother ... Who needs ginger nuts (either of them)?

Well, I'm rather attached to mine. :shock:

purleyroyal

by purleyroyal » 28 Sep 2008 00:49

Back at the game - can anyone explain to me why Swansea decided in the first half to play short goal kicks all the time?
It was "kick to the edge of the area", "we closed down", "back-pass to keeper", "long clearance" (which most times came back at them anyway).
Was it an attempt to keep the ball?

And did you notice our free-kick trick of passing it back 3 yards for it to be lofted, with a lot of backspin (according to Mick Gooding), so if the defender heads it, it doesn't go far? There's science in football you know :shock:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 28 Sep 2008 08:50

Dirk Gently That's what i think it's going to end up as - and I hate those. Remember 2001 with Millwall, Rotherham and us?

Ah yes, I was much happier with the Brighton, Brentford and us one though.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 28 Sep 2008 09:10

Royal Rother If 50% of the time we played like we did against Watford and the other 50% like we did against Sheff Wed and Swansea I reckon 99% of the supporters will be very happy.

Not you of course, you'll still be clinging onto your belief that with Coppell and Madejski at the helm RFC will be dull and uninspiring. :lol:

Aren't you the guy that bitches continually about people posting after a bad result that reinforces their stated opinions?

Yet you seem to do the same whenever there's a result that reinforces your opinions.

Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

We can save the ridicule until the end of the season when we can establish who was right and who was wrong. Like we did last seson. Do you remember that? When you were proven completely and utterly wrong?

You would have thought that might engender a little humility and respect for other people's opinions, particularly those whos opinions have been repeatedly correct in the past.

145 posts