Back from the game ~ Wolves

sucatraps

Re: Back from the game ~ Wolves

by sucatraps » 01 Oct 2008 20:12

Chaney I`m surprised there hasn`t been an uproar regarding N Hunts header that was cleared from BEHIND the line as clearly seen on the meridians brief highlights tonight

That was the view of a Wolves fan friend, he thought we'd scored and that Kebe will be a major new star for us because he terrifies defenders with his pace. Nice to know that even in defeat some folks can actually be objective about what they see! :)

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 01 Oct 2008 20:40

sucatraps
Chaney I`m surprised there hasn`t been an uproar regarding N Hunts header that was cleared from BEHIND the line as clearly seen on the meridians brief highlights tonight

That was the view of a Wolves fan friend, he thought we'd scored and that Kebe will be a major new star for us because he terrifies defenders with his pace. Nice to know that even in defeat some folks can actually be objective about what they see! :)

All the noises I've heard out of Wolves have been very very good. I'm completely surprised by all the fans as it's not what I've experienced from them before.

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 01 Oct 2008 20:43

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Oct 2008 20:47

That photo certainly never lets US down.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 01 Oct 2008 22:23

Just watched the highlights on world.

A couple of things I noticed. Firstly Nhunt is very good in the air, he won countless flickons. He also played some nice passes.

We looked very compact and good on the break.

The third goal was the pick of the bunch. Great pass by Doyle, great running by Long and a perfect cross for Cisse who finished with aplomb.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Oct 2008 00:11

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Oct 2008 00:26

floyd__streete

Nuff said.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 02 Oct 2008 08:03

Ian Royal That photo certainly never lets US down.

It is a pity in a way that the image is a screen grab. If it had been a direct photographic capture it would probably be considered a sporting classic. It pretty much defines Wolverhampton Wanderers in a single frame.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 02 Oct 2008 08:51

cmonurz Brilliant performance! I was worried we were in for a mediocre season of decent home form and diabolical away form, but to win potentially our toughest match 3-0, after Wolves 7-game win streak - excellent, top stuff.

This totally encapsulates us football fans.

I love the fact that winning every home game this season by at least 2 clear goals including a 6 and two 4 goal hauls in the process is considered only "decent" whereas 2 losses & 2 draws but never losing by more than 2 goals away is considered "diabolical".

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 02 Oct 2008 09:04

Vision
cmonurz Brilliant performance! I was worried we were in for a mediocre season of decent home form and diabolical away form, but to win potentially our toughest match 3-0, after Wolves 7-game win streak - excellent, top stuff.

This totally encapsulates us football fans.

I love the fact that winning every home game this season by at least 2 clear goals including a 6 and two 4 goal hauls in the process is considered only "decent" whereas 2 losses & 2 draws but never losing by more than 2 goals away is considered "diabolical".

That's HobNob for you. :roll:

ChunkyMonkey

by ChunkyMonkey » 02 Oct 2008 19:52

It has been my pleasure (living up the road in Telford) to be able to shut nearly every Wolves fan up that usually are soooo cocky around here since Tuesday.
What a great but totally unexpected result. Total commitment from the start and eventually made them look extremely average Championship material.
Fantastic, superb, magical... how many other words are there to describe the utter joy at putting one over on the locals nay League leaders.
Let's have more of the same again on Saturday against Burnley......

becksisaroyal

by becksisaroyal » 24 Oct 2008 20:31

ChunkyMonkey It has been my pleasure (living up the road in Telford) to be able to shut nearly every Wolves fan up that usually are soooo cocky around here since Tuesday.
What a great but totally unexpected result. Total commitment from the start and eventually made them look extremely average Championship material.
Fantastic, superb, magical... how many other words are there to describe the utter joy at putting one over on the locals nay League leaders.

Wow
There's another Reading fan in Telford
:D

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 24 Oct 2008 20:33

Traffic?

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 24 Oct 2008 20:46

becksisaroyal
ChunkyMonkey It has been my pleasure (living up the road in Telford) to be able to shut nearly every Wolves fan up that usually are soooo cocky around here since Tuesday.

Wow

Is that you in your avatar?? You look loads like Shane Long, you must get that all the time!

becksisaroyal

by becksisaroyal » 24 Oct 2008 20:51

URZZZZZZZZ
becksisaroyal

Wow

Is that you in your avatar?? You look loads like Shane Long, you must get that all the time!

Naaaaah
No one recognises me in Telford
:)