Back from the Burnley game

126 posts
PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game

by PlasticRoyale » 05 Oct 2008 14:49

rabidbee
PlasticRoyale Who put in the mazy run into the box. Good last ditch challenge was put in before a shot was got off.

Armstrong, and the look of panic on his face as he got closer and closer to the goal was hilarious. You could see him think "WTF do I do now?!"

Thought it was him but wasn't sure.

Agree with 'the look of panic' LOL

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 05 Oct 2008 14:50

Was a fantastic run but great tackle from the Burnley defender in the end.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 05 Oct 2008 16:45

Thought the support was poor yesterday. We seem to be accepting being 3-0 up as the norm already. Any chants, claps, etc, soon faded or were simply half-hearted (hoof hearted). Good attandance but very apathetic support. Message to the fan next to me: don't bother clapping, singing, chanting, etc. Far too much effort. Let others do it for you. After all, it's a free country - don't let others tell you to support your club. You do it if/when you want to. You've paid your money - it's your choice. Seriously, mate, if we all took your lead it would be like attending a funeral. Never mind, enjoy the atmosphere created by others (free loader). Unfortunately, though, there appeared to be quite a few like you yesterday so you didn't have much atmosphere to soak up. Serves you right. Half-hearted rant over.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 05 Oct 2008 17:16

Man Friday Thought the support was poor yesterday. We seem to be accepting being 3-0 up as the norm already. Any chants, claps, etc, soon faded or were simply half-hearted (hoof hearted). Good attandance but very apathetic support. Message to the fan next to me: don't bother clapping, singing, chanting, etc. Far too much effort. Let others do it for you. After all, it's a free country - don't let others tell you to support your club. You do it if/when you want to. You've paid your money - it's your choice. Seriously, mate, if we all took your lead it would be like attending a funeral. Never mind, enjoy the atmosphere created by others (free loader). Unfortunately, though, there appeared to be quite a few like you yesterday so you didn't have much atmosphere to soak up. Serves you right. Half-hearted rant over.

He must be near us Brendy.

superroyaldude

by superroyaldude » 05 Oct 2008 18:07

Maguire
superroyaldude
rg6royal Armstrong - 8 (Who needs shorey, very good display)

totally agree, he is a much better player than shorey and i think he's going to get alot better.

lolz

How quickly they forget.

I havent forgotten about shorey, i am eternally greatful for what shorey has done for us, many a superb freekick hes scored.

But Armstrong is much better imo

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 05 Oct 2008 18:14

Shorey looked the best left back in the Premiership for a while.

Armstrong's put in a few decent performances at Championship level.

He may progress to the extent that Shorey did whilst with us but to say he's a better player right now is very very previous.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Oct 2008 18:16

Agreed.

I think you could make a case he is more solid defensively, but better? Not at the moment.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Oct 2008 23:53

Ian Royal Agreed.

I think you could make a case he is more solid defensively, but better? Not at the moment.

yes and Shorey is also one of the time bandits..

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 06 Oct 2008 09:54

I'm surprised at some of the comments concerning Burnley; I thought that they clearly came to kick us off the pitch - from the first minute when NHunt went down the left wing and got chopped in half, to the late foul on Karacan in the build up to the 1st goal, the elbow on NHunt as he scored, the forearm smash by by Jordan on Rosie in the first half etc etc etc. Also, as has been said, the amount of dissent they showed the ref was appalling - yeah, I know "their passionate" :roll:

Also, until Eagles and Blake came on when they were 3 down they didn't create a huge amount, being restricted to long range efforts - though of course, those look good on the stats don't they?

Finally, we played with 10 men for the last 10 minutes of the game, and still looked comfortable.

If thats the best that 4th in the table can offer, we could be in for a fun Autumn!!!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Oct 2008 10:06

Royalshow
Man Friday Thought the support was poor yesterday. We seem to be accepting being 3-0 up as the norm already. Any chants, claps, etc, soon faded or were simply half-hearted (hoof hearted). Good attandance but very apathetic support. Message to the fan next to me: don't bother clapping, singing, chanting, etc. Far too much effort. Let others do it for you. After all, it's a free country - don't let others tell you to support your club. You do it if/when you want to. You've paid your money - it's your choice. Seriously, mate, if we all took your lead it would be like attending a funeral. Never mind, enjoy the atmosphere created by others (free loader). Unfortunately, though, there appeared to be quite a few like you yesterday so you didn't have much atmosphere to soak up. Serves you right. Half-hearted rant over.

He must be near us Brendy.

to be fair, from that description he could be almost anywhere in the ground

im not sure if the crowd round us are just rubbish, or whether theyre passing comment on the quality of our chants,
but in my opinion if you dont like "jimmy kebe's got long legs" then you dont like nuffink.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Oct 2008 10:08

Mr Angry I'm surprised at some of the comments concerning Burnley; I thought that they clearly came to kick us off the pitch - from the first minute when NHunt went down the left wing and got chopped in half, to the late foul on Karacan in the build up to the 1st goal, the elbow on NHunt as he scored, the forearm smash by by Jordan on Rosie in the first half etc etc etc. Also, as has been said, the amount of dissent they showed the ref was appalling - yeah, I know "their passionate" :roll:

Also, until Eagles and Blake came on when they were 3 down they didn't create a huge amount, being restricted to long range efforts - though of course, those look good on the stats don't they?

Finally, we played with 10 men for the last 10 minutes of the game, and still looked comfortable.

If thats the best that 4th in the table can offer, we could be in for a fun Autumn!!!

doyle also got clattered a couple of times, with no response from the ref.
but it was a pleasure to see us deal with it all so effortlessly, i thought we may have a little trouble with a few of the rough house teams in the division as we seemed a little lightweight, but ive changed my mind after that display.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Oct 2008 10:29

Thanks Mr A for saving me the effort to puncture the Burnley love balloon. I think someone post match said they looked like a Warnock managed side, low praise indeed

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 06 Oct 2008 10:49

Mr Angry I'm surprised at some of the comments concerning Burnley; I thought that they clearly came to kick us off the pitch - from the first minute when NHunt went down the left wing and got chopped in half, to the late foul on Karacan in the build up to the 1st goal, the elbow on NHunt as he scored, the forearm smash by by Jordan on Rosie in the first half etc etc etc. Also, as has been said, the amount of dissent they showed the ref was appalling - yeah, I know "their passionate"

Their passionate what?

Anyway, I agree with what you say, but I thought they played a bit as well. That's not a bad mix to have if you can get away with it, which they do most of the time, presumably.

Skyline

by Skyline » 06 Oct 2008 10:54

Don't know if anyone else noticed, but at one point in the second half Burnley had a corner (think they were already three goals down) and the only one of our players not in the box to defend it was Kebe, who was in the centre circle. Burnley had two players on him. Pretty big compliment to the player from the opposition.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 06 Oct 2008 11:00

Skyline Don't know if anyone else noticed, but at one point in the second half Burnley had a corner (think they were already three goals down) and the only one of our players not in the box to defend it was Kebe, who was in the centre circle. Burnley had two players on him. Pretty big compliment to the player from the opposition.

Not really. It's common sense to have two defenders back on one player, regardless of who it is.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 06 Oct 2008 11:12

Silver Fox Thanks Mr A for saving me the effort to puncture the Burnley love balloon. I think someone post match said they looked like a Warnock managed side, low praise indeed

I did try and put this view forward on the first page - Burnley may well have been the best side to have visited us this season, but it didnt stop them being poor. I was disapointed that whilst trying to stifle our play, they didnt offer anything going forward (until Eagles came on), and were no match to a Reading side that didnt really have to step up a gear.

Dawn

by Dawn » 06 Oct 2008 11:14

Was Jordan unhappy with some of the comments from the Reading fans??

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 06 Oct 2008 11:23

I thought Burnley were the most physical and dirty team ive seen this season.....

Anyway my ratings..

Marcus- 7
Rosenior-7
Armstrong-7
Bikey- 8
Ivar -7
Kebe -7
Hunt- 7
Karacan -7
Gun- 7
Doyle-7
Hunt- 7

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Oct 2008 11:25

Skyline Don't know if anyone else noticed, but at one point in the second half Burnley had a corner (think they were already three goals down) and the only one of our players not in the box to defend it was Kebe, who was in the centre circle. Burnley had two players on him. Pretty big compliment to the player from the opposition.

wolves and burnley both doubled up on the bloke didnt they?
still managed the assists too

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 06 Oct 2008 11:25

Dawn Was Jordan unhappy with some of the comments from the Reading fans??

Is he actually making the w*nker sign there? Somebody report him to the FA!

126 posts