38%

Total votes: 210
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Return of Leroy Lita?

by RoyalBlue » 22 Oct 2008 18:27

Magicman Lita surely wont be coming back, he has had his time here and didnt do a lot with it, a wasted opportunity for him, except a bid for him and let him move on

Either a poor memory (to go with the poor spelling!) or a plastic!

'Didn't do a lot with it!' :lol: See below:

Nezhen I think that most Championship fans are mystified like me as to why Lita cannot make it into our team. Please please do not tell me that Long deserves to be on the bench in front of Lita. Time was when Lita and Doyle formed a fantastic partnership when we were last in the Championship, before Lita's terrible injury sustained at Burnley, but then we have a lot of fans with short memories here!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Oct 2008 18:36

The Lita-Doyle partnership was the worst of the three that year by some way. Lita kept fluffing chances most of the time they played together. He was better with Kitson.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 22 Oct 2008 18:38

rg6royal
.. and we should value your opinion because....?

I'm just expressing my opinion. Isn't this what this board is for? Not for tw@ts like you.

Even though I disagree with your comments about Long, I wholeheartedly agree with the comment above.

There's no reason why anyone shouldn't be able to post their honestly held opinion without some arrogant tit responding like that.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 22 Oct 2008 18:43

earleyroyal Oh Jesus Christ, is 'not at all' really the most popular choice so far? :cry:

Somebody please give me a convincing reason why Long > Lita.

'Rumoured attitude problems' don't count.

Rumoured attitude and other problems that were all categorically dismissed again, for the umpteenth time, by Steve Coppell last night.

brendywendy
earleyroyal Oh Jesus Christ, is 'not at all' really the most popular choice so far? :cry:

Somebody please give me a convincing reason why Long > Lita.

'Rumoured attitude problems' don't count.

long is taller, faster, stronger, scored more goals

He might be taller but can't jump as high or head as well. I would question whether he was faster, I reckon Lita would beat him both over the vital first five yards and a longer distance. Stronger? - don't think so! Scored more goals??? :shock:

Oh and who got caught unnecessarily offside last night because he couldn't be bothered to run back quick enough as Doncaster pushed up? That not long after coming on as the fresh, impact sub.

Seem to remember on the odd occasion when he was given a chance in last season's relegation battle, Lita actually chasing back into his own half to put in tackles :shock: and rightly getting applauded by his team mates and those supporters who don't want him out.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 22 Oct 2008 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

working class hero

by working class hero » 22 Oct 2008 18:49

SCIAG How many appearances has Long made in those "1 and a half years" though? I'd guess at 15.

(It's not even 1 year since he made his debut ffs)

Long made his debut in the CCC....

I like Long. He is far from prolific, but he has a good work ethic and does free up space for those around him.

Lita on the other hand has lost his way. He was superb in the first season. In the PL and this season he seems to spend most of the time falling over. Even for the reserves he is indolent and falls over at every opportunity.

Lita to Albion in the window I believe.
Could we resign Kitson? I hope so.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Oct 2008 18:51

AlexY25 Surely it wont be long until people start talking about Leroy Lita coming back, his loan surely doesn't last much longer

Doesn't it? Who knows? Certainly not the bloody manager when asked about it on the radio last night after the game :roll:. Sums up Coppell's disdain for Lita really.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 22 Oct 2008 18:53

working class hero
SCIAG How many appearances has Long made in those "1 and a half years" though? I'd guess at 15.

(It's not even 1 year since he made his debut ffs)

Long made his debut in the CCC....

I like Long. He is far from prolific, but he has a good work ethic and does free up space for those around him.

Lita on the other hand has lost his way. He was superb in the first season. In the PL and this season he seems to spend most of the time falling over. Even for the reserves he is indolent and falls over at every opportunity.

Lita to Albion in the window I believe.
Could we resign Kitson? I hope so.

Don't get your hopes too high if Coppell is still manager. IIRC earlier this season SC publically pointed the finger at the previously cannonised Kitson for being one of the troublesome crew and rubbished Kitson's post transfer comments about what had gone on at the club. Contrast that to how he still states that he does not have a problem with Lita or his attitude, which he has always described as being extremely positive.

georgerob

by georgerob » 22 Oct 2008 18:59

Lita must of been on steriods!!!!!!!!!!
Why would we want Lita back just because he scored a hatrick, apparently the first 2 goals a granny could of scored anyway. What we need is Federici back because Hahnemann has lost the plot recently :)

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 23 Oct 2008 01:15

Maybe its worth bringing leroy back from november till january, to see if he can somehow get his reading career back on track...if not sell him. But maybe he should be given one more (a last) chance

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 23 Oct 2008 08:23

If he comes back and plays his way into the team, fine.

I just don't think he'll bother.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 23 Oct 2008 09:22

itys the age old ability versus attitude conumdrum.

Lita has the ability but not the attitude

I think Coppell realised that the attitude had gone wrong last season and so shipped out those who were the main protagonists. Lita may be perceived as one hence his non appearance.

I'm quite happy to loan him to other Championship sides when they are due to play Wolves or Birmingham and score goals against them. After all, its not as though we're having problems scoring up to now.

and if we really gets into a rich vein of form then bring him back and play him - we cant lose really

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 23 Oct 2008 09:39

A guy I know is good friends with one of the players who played at Stoke recently. He said that there was an altercation in the dressing room afterwards when SC asked Leroy about the penalty. Apparently the reply was along the lines of "couldn't give a a monkeys where it went since you won't play me in the first team".
The loan deal was arranged shortly afterwards so perhaps SC felt that LL was best out of the Reading environment completely at the moment. He may also have felt that there was genuine benefit for all concerned in Leroy being on loan. It will put him in the shop window for possible sale and there was always the chance that he could help Norwich take points of some of our rivals, something that just happened to work out with regard to the Wolves game.
All in all it would seem that the loan deal is the best for all concerned at present. We'll only know the real plan for Leroy come the January window and I guess and even that could depend on any move involving Doyle. Only time will tell

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 23 Oct 2008 09:45

A guy I know is good friends with one of the players who played at Stoke recently. He said that there was an altercation in the dressing room afterwards when SC asked Leroy about the penalty. Apparently the reply was along the lines of "couldn't give a a monkeys where it went since you won't play me in the first team".

You do not want to go there.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 23 Oct 2008 10:08

papereyes

Have you heard something along those lines also ?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 23 Oct 2008 10:10

Nah, there was a huge thread on it when it was first suggested. Bit of a cat fight, iirc.

At the heart of it, what depressed me wasn't that some fans suggested it, or some fans completely refused to consider it, but that the player's performances had lead to fans even thinking it in the first place.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 23 Oct 2008 10:12

OLLIE KEARNS
papereyes

Have you heard something along those lines also ?

Why did you feel the need to re-post that tired old story?

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 23 Oct 2008 10:20

Yeah, I remember the thread. There is certainly no suggestion in my view that he missed it on purpose. I don't believe that to be the case at all. However, if the discussion in the dressing room did take place then I can fully understand the loan moving happeing very shortly afterwards.
The funny thing is I backed him and Doyle to be top goalscorers in the Championship this year. I though the bet was dead but it might not be now :-) However, I really thought he would do well for us this year and it's sad to see things not working out for both player and club.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 23 Oct 2008 11:05

Leroy will stringers along with the occasional good performance but I really think he's a bellend.

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 23 Oct 2008 11:07

Lita won't play another game for Reading.

Had it on very good authority, He's had his chance and won't have another.

Shame, as I'm a fan.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 23 Oct 2008 11:23

papereyes Nah, there was a huge thread on it when it was first suggested. Bit of a cat fight, iirc.

At the heart of it, what depressed me wasn't that some fans suggested it, or some fans completely refused to consider it, but that the player's performances had lead to fans even thinking it in the first place.

Totally agree.

I don't blame SC for jumping to the players defence (this sort of talk won't help us off load him) but Tuesday's hattrick only served to add fuel to the fire.

I have no idea whether he missed that pen deliberately or not but, sadly, and regardless of what his manager said, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case..................but, thankfully, we'll never know.

265 posts