Booing Marcus

132 posts
Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Booing Marcus

by Focher » 23 Oct 2008 09:14

Hahnemann has always been a liability, he just normally makes up for it with match winning performances. Its never crossed my mind that we should drop him, although i do rate Federici very highly and if he doesn't get his chance soon we will probably lose him.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 23 Oct 2008 09:17

What utter nonsense.

Hahnemann doesnt suddenly become a bad keeper in a week.

The trouble with some fans is that they are like the crowd scenes in the Simpsons - their opinion can be swung by 180 degrees in a second.

Its because fans love to be the first one to say 'I told you so', so make opinions based on a lack of evidence because they want to be seen as the next football soothsayer.

Though I have to say that Noel Hunt wasn't performing as well as he has been for the last 12 seconds of his appearance on Tuesday - time bring back Lita or play Long I think.........

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 23 Oct 2008 09:18

Half Man Half Biscuit Last night there was a section of the West stand booing Marcus at the start of the game.
I heard it in the second half as well.

Bastards.
I hate it when fans boo one of our own. It not only effects the player but his team mates as well.

WTF were they playing at??

I didn't hear that and my ST is in the West Stand.

You sure they weren't booing Ashley Cole?

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 23 Oct 2008 09:23

Thames I think Hahnemann is a liabilty. I'd never boo my own players out of principle, but I'd encourage others to do so.

totally agree

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 23 Oct 2008 11:08

I dont often snoop on the team board, i have just renembers why

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 23 Oct 2008 11:31

AF1 I dont often snoop on the team board, i have just renembers why

I don't post often but I always keep my beady eye on it.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 23 Oct 2008 11:43

Pack it in you lot you're breaking board rawls.

Ozymandias
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ozymandias » 23 Oct 2008 12:06

Mello out gents

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 23 Oct 2008 12:27

I thought Marcus did ok on Tuesday. I did notice that during his warm-up he didn't look completely comfortable. He was doing a lot of stretching between drills as if he was trying to protect an injury.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Oct 2008 12:58

morons to boo marcus for a couple of mistakes, we know hes more often great, and never rubbish, and even the greatest make mistakes.
people need to get a grip of themselves

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 23 Oct 2008 13:33

Personally i think as a ticket paying supporter we all have the right to boo a player thats under 'achieving, thats our money paying right, we are all guilty of complaining when we dont get a good service from anywhere, my only objective here is it can be detrimental to the players confidence and make things worse, but hey they earm far more than me, alot more i expect good play with focused play so they fck up i boo albiet quitely

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 23 Oct 2008 13:35

Focher Hahnemann has always been a liability, he just normally makes up for it with match winning performances.

:?: :!: :?: :!:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 23 Oct 2008 13:36

I always boo him before the match when his name is read out, I cheer sarcastically when a clearance stays in touch and generally stalk him at his favourite eatery Chillis every week. I hate him, though I am sure his catching would be better if the ball had a Mushroom Jack enchilada stuck to it. He is overweight, slow to react and flaps at crosses. A lesson in how not to be a goalkeeper, I'll be glad when his contract is up and we let him go

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 23 Oct 2008 13:40

Huntley & Palmer I always boo him before the match when his name is read out, I cheer sarcastically when a clearance stays in touch and generally stalk him at his favourite eatery Chillis every week. I hate him, though I am sure his crossing would be better if the ball had a Mushroom Jack enchilada stuck to it. He is overweight, slow to react and flaps at crosses. A lesson in how not to be a goalkeeper, I'll be glad when his contract is up and we let him go

Outrageous. You'd never catch me developing an (ir?)rational dislike to a player like that.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 23 Oct 2008 13:54

Huntley & Palmer I always boo him before the match when his name is read out, I cheer sarcastically when a clearance stays in touch and generally stalk him at his favourite eatery Chillis every week. I hate him, though I am sure his catching would be better if the ball had a Mushroom Jack enchilada stuck to it. He is overweight, slow to react and flaps at crosses. A lesson in how not to be a goalkeeper, I'll be glad when his contract is up and we let him go

L-O-L.

Second worst player in the team after James Harper.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 23 Oct 2008 14:13

Only one Trevor Morley The trouble with some fans is that they are like the crowd scenes in the Simpsons - their opinion can be swung by 180 degrees in a second.

Ain't that the truth...as anyone else who has the misfortune to sit in front of Edge in Y19 will know...whilst I have no doubt the lad loves Reading and power to his elbow for it, the lack of clarity in his thinking and the eagerness to be seen at the forefront of all football insider knowledge does tend to leave him firmly swinging in the breeze like one of those signs outside garages that twist round in the wind...he was on his feet booing Doyle, shouting out "you're useless, take the £10m and piss off to Villa" when he missed the one-on-one, only to be on his feet singing the chorus of "Super, Super Kev" at the top of his voice when he scored a few minutes later. :roll:

Booing any player at any time (whether quietly under your breath :lol: , condoning it from others whilst never doing it yourself :lol: :lol: or agreeing with it, but hoping the other team-mates don't hear it :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: ) is, quite simply, wrong. Some of you really ought to re-read what you have written to see how unutterably pathetic it looks...

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 23 Oct 2008 14:47

So that's who it is. I'm sure I heard someone taking him to task for shouting out something like that at the last game.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Oct 2008 15:04

westongeezer Personally i think as a ticket paying supporter we all have the right to boo a player thats under 'achieving, thats our money paying right, we are all guilty of complaining when we dont get a good service from anywhere, my only objective here is it can be detrimental to the players confidence and make things worse, but hey they earm far more than me, alot more i expect good play with focused play so they fck up i boo albiet quitely

i question your definition of underachieving
and youve clearly given one very good reason not to do it in your own post.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 23 Oct 2008 17:56

Is it really that hard to kick a ball straight?

Half Man Half Biscuit

by Half Man Half Biscuit » 23 Oct 2008 20:39

I spoke to someone this morning who had been in the West on Tuesday night.
He was adamant there was no booing, just very loud groaning. :?

When we spoke about the game he and his mates may as well have booed they had a booing attitude.

WTF is the difference anyway.

132 posts