Blades fans back from the game...

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Blades fans back from the game...

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 18 Nov 2008 20:24

winchester_royal
Schards#2 I see, literally, nothing to be optimistic about...and have, again, backed Reading to be relegated as the 40/1 on offer seems very generous to me.

:lol:

No doubt he invested the rest of his money in a load of very generously priced HBOS shares at the same time.

I just cannot believe anyone would actually bet on their own club to go down, regardless of the odds.

oh I don't know. You could get something like 15/1 on us dropping prior to the fulham game last year. I was seriously tempted, as a kind of insurance deal.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Nov 2008 21:19

S09Royal I know someone will probably state the obvious, but why do other fans refer to ReadingFC as a Mickey Mouse Club? :roll:

Generally speaking, it isn't "other" fans that do that - its usually our own fans who don't appear to be happy with having seen the team play in a fabulous stadium and playing wonderful football.

They want Reading, and the Chairman, to spend VAST amounts of money on bringing in mercenary players to bring instantaneous success to the club, rather than develop it over time and with a firm grasp of economic realities. Not for them the spectre of being a Leeds......just the desire for instant gratification.

They are fans for whom The Premiership is, indeed, the Promised Land, and who cannot stand the thought tht we aren't a permanent fixture in it, battling against the Man Utds and Chelseas, and that we aren't being linked daily with the latest Argentinian wunderkind "we should get him for about £40M - get your cheque book out Mr Ego!!!".

Regardless as to whether they have supported RFC for 4 years or 40, these individuals are far more of an embarrassment to the club than only taking 800-1000 fans up to Sheffield.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 18 Nov 2008 21:28

Mr Angry
S09Royal I know someone will probably state the obvious, but why do other fans refer to ReadingFC as a Mickey Mouse Club? :roll:

Generally speaking, it isn't "other" fans that do that - its usually our own fans who don't appear to be happy with having seen the team play in a fabulous stadium and playing wonderful football.

They want Reading, and the Chairman, to spend VAST amounts of money on bringing in mercenary players to bring instantaneous success to the club, rather than develop it over time and with a firm grasp of economic realities. Not for them the spectre of being a Leeds......just the desire for instant gratification.

They are fans for whom The Premiership is, indeed, the Promised Land, and who cannot stand the thought tht we aren't a permanent fixture in it, battling against the Man Utds and Chelseas, and that we aren't being linked daily with the latest Argentinian wunderkind "we should get him for about £40M - get your cheque book out Mr Ego!!!".

Regardless as to whether they have supported RFC for 4 years or 40, these individuals are far more of an embarrassment to the club than only taking 800-1000 fans up to Sheffield.

So those are the fans who expect instant success? hmm, they could be classed as the 'real PlaLOLstic fans'

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 19 Nov 2008 11:16

winchester_royal
Schards#2 I see, literally, nothing to be optimistic about...and have, again, backed Reading to be relegated as the 40/1 on offer seems very generous to me.

:lol:

No doubt he invested the rest of his money in a load of very generously priced HBOS shares at the same time.

I just cannot believe anyone would actually bet on their own club to go down, regardless of the odds.

I backed us to go down last season, purely for compensation if it did happen. I never actually expected us to go down but £100 softened the blow ever so slightly, even though I'd rather we had stayed up and got sod all.