Back from the Blackpool game...

S09Royal

Re: Back from the Blackpool game...

by S09Royal » 10 Dec 2008 20:41

Last night's match was very very dull. I thought we lacked something going forward, saying that, i thought Henry was an absolute gem. Some of his passes were brilliant, only a shame he overkicked the ball on most occassions but we have a future star in the making.
When their goal went in i thought, 'oh great' then everyone around me stood up and cheered and i didn't understand why until i saw the linesman on the far side with his flag raised. The ref was okay, not biased at all :wink: What was that about Shunt touching both hands on the ball in the Blackpool penalty area?! We were pretty fortunate last night. The thing that runied it for me was seeing SLong and SHunt fighting over who should take the penalty,as soon as that happened i knew it wouldn't go in and i left after that. It was a disappointing match and for the first time this season (i didn't feel quite like this when we won narrowly to donny...) i did not feel proud to be a royals support and i was not impressed with the team. Hopefully USA will be back soon. I for one am looking forward to Bikey coming back on Saturday and we defiently missed Kebe last night.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 10 Dec 2008 22:27

Billy The Fish
Speaking about Stephen Hunt, Tommy Youlden's Ears He seems to think he's got something of the Best-Ronaldo-Cruyff about him. He doesn't. Last night he had something of the hobbit-on-a-hot-tin-roof about him.

Thank you. I've had a sh1t day (still in the office) but that made me laugh out loud.

Maybe you could leave the office if you came off Hobnob and went home?

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 11 Dec 2008 02:12

Dirk Gently
West Stand Man It is a great story - but total fiction. That lino was right in front of me at the time and he signalled as soon as the Blackpool player touched the ball. The lateness was simply the time it took the Blackpool players and fans to spot that.

I stand 100% by what I said, and I was right behind the lino too - he put the flag up, the flag flew off the stick and he caught it before it flew completely off - then he had to push the flag part back down the stick before he could raise it properly.

From the opposite side of the pitch, I could see him struggling with his flag, but not why. I thought he was trying to swap it into his other hand before raising it, and was being a bit clumsy.

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 11 Dec 2008 09:01

Hoop Blah
The funny thing is that they had a completely unbiased opinion towards any Reading player and rated Hunt and Doyle, din't go too much on Henry or Marek!!!

I think that's a fair assessment - its obvious these two are the best players in our team and the Blackpool match provided no contrary evidence to that. Its just that Hunt can be a bit fancy for his own good sometimes. And at home to a ten man team is one of those times

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Dec 2008 12:38

West Stand Man
RoyalBlue
Dirk Gently As an aside, did anyone else notice what happened at the "offside" goal? I know the Blackpool fans were incensed by how late the lino's flag was. But it wasn't late - he tried to put his flag us as soon as the ball was played but it fell apart in his hands! He had to put the flag back on the stick before he could flag - otherwise he'd just have "sticked" :lol:

That explains it! Thanks!

I was sure I hadn't seen his flag go up when the striker ran onto the ball - and now I know it was because he hadn't put it up! Having been gutted that they had got the much feared/expected equaliser, I was delighted when my daughter pointed out the linesman now stood with his flag up!! Best bit was it took some of the Blackpool fans absolutely ages to realise that there had been no kick off and that they were still a goal down. Some of them looked pretty angry at that point!!

It is a great story - but total fiction. That lino was right in front of me at the time and he signalled as soon as the Blackpool player touched the ball. The lateness was simply the time it took the Blackpool players and fans to spot that.

No sorry, he definitely was having problems with his flag that included a bit of juggling before he put it up as I looked straight at him as soon as the Blackpool player went through - couldn't confirm if it feel apart of he just lost his grip though.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 11 Dec 2008 12:53

You blind fools. West Stand Man is never wrong.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 11 Dec 2008 13:13

Platypuss You blind fools. West Stand Man is never wrong.

I'm glad you noticed.