Blades bid for Lita

323 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Blades bid for Lita

by RoyalBlue » 13 Jan 2009 13:34

Hopefully Sheff Utd trying to pacify their supporters by going public before all is done and dusted will really upset RFC and all bets will be called off.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 13 Jan 2009 13:35

Alan Partridge Hmm they will have to come up with a better deal then. Remember when he signed that his agent did literally all the work so they must be offering much less than he's on here.

MAybe Lita would prefer to just stay here though? Or am I believing too much what i read from footballers?!!

Could be the club/agent alerting other suitors.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 13 Jan 2009 13:36

Turns8 Personally, an in-form Lita for the last lot of games can only be good for Reading aswell, as he is the most natural goalscorer of the forwards we have and does offfer something different to what we have...

hopefully now he has scored one this season, he'll continue scoring, as he has run of scoring goals in a row, like the first year in the prem starting with Chelsea away

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 13 Jan 2009 13:38

The fact that the Blades have made this public is quite political.

If you look at the context of the overall article it is a defensive club statement trying to justify the sale of Beattie to less than amused fans, much in the same way that we would have to do if/when we sell Doyle or Shunt in the current window, or Wolves would have to do if Kightly/Ebanks-Blake were sold etc etc.

Reading between the lines (no pun intended) they had no choice but to sell because of parachute payments ending and the greater economic picture. I also suspect Beattie wanted to go otherwise the £6m or so they have saved/made in fees and wages looks small change in comparison to the rewards for promotion.

The fact that they have made the Lita bid public suggests that it is dead in that they can't afford him and/or he doesn't want to go to another Championship club permanently. If there was still a chance the Blades would not have alerted to the fact that a deal is there for the doing. They are just trying to convince their fans that they aren't going to pocket (all) of the Beattie cash and there is still ambition.

I'm not sure Coppell and Hammond will be quite so amused that this has been made public given the moves over the last week to try and get Lita to buckle down for the promo push?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jan 2009 13:40

RoyalBlue Hopefully Sheff Utd trying to pacify their supporters by going public before all is done and dusted will really upset RFC and all bets will be called off.

Yeah, I can't see the club being happy about this at all - does smack of Sheff U trying to pacify their support by announcing the bid.

Lita's agent was also very adamant that he was going nowhere this Jan - so as said this has clearly come out of the blue & if it goes through you have to hope we have someone coming in.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 13 Jan 2009 13:47

Turns8 he is the most natural goalscorer of the forwards we have

Genuine question this! What does natural goalscorer mean? How is Lita a more 'natural' goalscorer than Doyle?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Jan 2009 13:49

I guess he's going down the line of the 'fox in the box, predator, cold, deadly finisher'.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 13 Jan 2009 13:50

Stranded
RoyalBlue Hopefully Sheff Utd trying to pacify their supporters by going public before all is done and dusted will really upset RFC and all bets will be called off.

Yeah, I can't see the club being happy about this at all - does smack of Sheff U trying to pacify their support by announcing the bid.

Lita's agent was also very adamant that he was going nowhere this Jan - so as said this has clearly come out of the blue & if it goes through you have to hope we have someone coming in.

Dave Kitson loan anyone?!?!?!??!!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 13 Jan 2009 13:51

Stranded

Sheffield United sell Beattie
Sheffield United think that they can placate fans by signing a player on lower wages than Beattie but with enough of a reputation to keep their fans happy
Sheffield United bid a decent proportion of the Beattie money on Lita
Sheffield United offer too low a deal and are rejected
Sheffield United tell everyone so that it looks like they've many irons in the fire.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 13 Jan 2009 13:53

Wycombe Royal Personally if Lita goes I'd like us to go and tempt Birmingham with a 7 figure offer for Cameron Jerome.

Jason Scotland.....

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jan 2009 13:57

why cant they go for long instead :)

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Jan 2009 14:00

Won't get as much money.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 13 Jan 2009 14:00

Irvinchangeyaname
Turns8 he is the most natural goalscorer of the forwards we have

Genuine question this! What does natural goalscorer mean? How is Lita a more 'natural' goalscorer than Doyle?

This is usually doublespeak for "that's all they can do". Doyler is an old-fashioned inside-forward - he can score, run the channels, hold the ball up, link up play, cross the ball reasonably well...

Lita can score...

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 13 Jan 2009 14:01

Alan Partridge Warnock was saying this last night that they were about to sign him.

Are Palace after him too?

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 13 Jan 2009 14:01

SELL SELL SELL!

Ker-ching.

The chest thumping nonsense was, as predicted, total nonsense.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 13 Jan 2009 14:02

Elm Park Old Boy
Alan Partridge Warnock was saying this last night that they were about to sign him.

Are Palace after him too?

He was saying that Sheffield Utd were about to sign him.....

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 13 Jan 2009 14:03

Nick Shorey my Lord! SELL SELL SELL!

Ker-ching.

How dare he celebrate a goal in a similar style to how he's always done it. I personally think the cartwheels and bunny hops was all nonsense and they should shake hands and let us get on with dancing to Tom Hark and worry about playing the game.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jan 2009 14:05

Ker-ching.

Thats a great reason to sell a player who could turn out to help the cause for promotion this season!!

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 13 Jan 2009 14:07

loyalroyal4life

Ker-ching.

Thats a great reason to sell a player who could turn out to help the cause for promotion this season!!

Yes, that's the only reason I'd like to see him gone :roll:

He's an idiot, regardless of whether he's really kissed and made up with SC. A million plus for someone who's shortly out of contract is a no brainer.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Jan 2009 14:13

Oh the old 'I don't know him, but I don't like him and he's an idiot' line.
I understand now.
As you were...

323 posts