Back From The Cardiff Game.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back From The Game.

by SLAMMED » 27 Dec 2008 11:05

S09Royal I didn't see what happened at the end as i saw the goal on the tele walking out, as soon as i saw it was a goal i ran back in and was greeted by many hugs and cheers :lol:

You left before the end. Sad. :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Back From The Cardiff Game.

by RoyalBlue » 27 Dec 2008 11:14

southstand67 I thought their goal was offside too, well done to Fedirici cos he made a good save a few minutes after they'd scored. Is it me or am I wrong in thinking that a 'keeper should stay in his goal? Surely if he wanted to score he coulda become a striker?

When it comes to the final seconds of injury time you are wrong! Keepers tend to be big, strong barstewards who are good in the air! Their presence in the opposing area also tends to cause some confusion!!

I'd certainly rather see Feds in the the opposing area for a corner than Armstrong or Rosenior!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Back From The Game.

by RoyalBlue » 27 Dec 2008 11:19

madreadingfan
rotherwick_royal Think I must have been watching a different game to most of you...I thought it was one of the best of the season. Anyone who says Reading were crap doesn't appreciate that Cardiff are actually a good team. They had a game plan and for 94 minutes it worked. Can understand people thinking the 1st half wasn't great (I thought it was absorbing) but the 2nd half really opened up and could have gone either way. What a way to finish the game too.

Referee - not really in control, at least partly responsible for the game getting fractious

Cardiff fans - as expected really. Nothing would have kicked off at the end if they had won or been beaten easily. Just got a bit upset at the late equaliser. I wish we had some of their passion without the aggro.

Reading fans - embarrassingly quiet at times. Felt sorry for Duberry, got absolutely no support from the fans.

All in all a fair result.

to be fair some people tried to help duberry in y26 alot of DOOOOOOBS and ohhh michael michael, michael michael, michael duberry!! it didnt really catch on though

Perhaps should have gone with: 'At least he's not a Welshman'! or would that have got us kicked out for racism?!

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 27 Dec 2008 11:54

I'm surprised at some of the low scores. Cardiff are a seriously good side - tough, well-organised, a fair amount of skill and with the all-important cheating Premiership t0sser up front. Plus teams now come to the Mad Stad to stifle and frustrate and hope to nick something. Against all that, and a ref determined to spoil any chance of a decent game, we were slightly off but surely weren't that bad? I'd give everyone a 7 except Henry who is struggling at this level, and N Hunt who I still think needs a bit of a rest; bot get a 6. Long again did well, so I reckon he should get a start against Saints. And Kebe should start, too.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 27 Dec 2008 11:57

LOL @ anyone for saying leaving early is bad.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Dec 2008 15:06

AbovetheI LOL @ anyone for saying leaving early is bad.

True, if some moron doesn't want to see all of what they've paid through the nose for and isn't interested in properly supporting their team and seeing the rare but fantastically memorable late equalisers and winners that's their look out and loss.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 27 Dec 2008 18:13

Ian Royal

True, if some moron doesn't want to see all of what they've paid through the nose for and isn't interested in properly supporting their team and seeing the rare but fantastically memorable late equalisers and winners that's their look out and loss.

LOL - this "isn't a proper supporter if doesn't stay until the very last minute" viewpoint is moronic itself. Is going before half time to get a beer, going for a p#ss during play, getting to your seat 30 seconds after kick-off mean you're a moron too?

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 27 Dec 2008 18:14

Bristol Paul
Ian Royal

LOL - this "isn't a proper supporter if doesn't stay until the very last minute" viewpoint is moronic itself. Is going before half time to get a beer, going for a p#ss during play, getting to your seat 30 seconds after kick-off mean you're a moron too?

I'd say so yes.

Wait until half time to get a beer.

Have a wee before kick off, if not, hold it in - this is basic knowledge drummed into any child going on a medium - long car journey.

Leave home earlier

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Dec 2008 18:38

Bristol Paul
Ian Royal

I said nothing about not being a proper fan. HTH

And for the record, I finish my beer in time to get to my seat before kick off, piss at half time and get a burger if I'm hungry, back in time for the start of the 2nd half. I'm there to see the football. If I want drink eat and piss whilst catching a game I'll got to a pub or buy Sky Sports.

If you or anyone else wants to go for other reasons or is happy to miss part of it for convenience sake that's your loss.

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 27 Dec 2008 19:11

Ian RoyaLOL

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 27 Dec 2008 19:22

I'd say so yes.

Wait until half time to get a beer.

Have a wee before kick off, if not, hold it in - this is basic knowledge drummed into any child going on a medium - long car journey.

Leave home earlier

That just about sums it all up :roll:
And of course the concourses are totally clear, supporters of an older generation do not struggle to get into their seats with a steep climb. Other munters do not sit in your seat, traffic problems never exist and teleportation is so passe.

Oh and if 'paying through the nose' is an issue - why attend.

A supporter is a supporter who outlays income, what they get out of the day has so many variables. Who is right to criticise such support. Let the arguement ensue.

aardvark

by aardvark » 27 Dec 2008 20:00

Back to the game itself...

Haven't been to many games recently, so not claiming to be well informed, but I didn't really like Harper and Cisse together in centre midfield, they didn't get forward much and so Doyle and NHunt struggled. Only when we were forced into attacking more near the end did we really look like scoring.

Maybe it was a bit of an off-day but the passing and understanding seemed some way short of the 05/06 team.

Well done Federici for saving the day..

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 27 Dec 2008 20:18

Ian Royal

So why should anyone else care?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Dec 2008 20:32

They get in the way?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Dec 2008 20:33

LOLZ @ Ian - he hardly goes to any games and gets most of his in-depth footballing knowledge from listening to Tim Dellor and Mick Gooding! :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Dec 2008 20:40

Royal Lady LOLZ @ Ian - he hardly goes to any games and gets most of his in-depth footballing knowledge from listening to Tim Dellor and Mick Gooding! :wink:

Kiss goodbye to your xmas present after that.

BTW, I can't get Radio Berks in CAMBRIDGSHIRE.

chef

by chef » 27 Dec 2008 20:51

Yes the Cardiff fans were out of order -that is what a growing minority seem to want to do but their nationality is irrelevant - we have enough hoolies this side of the border to back that one up.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 27 Dec 2008 22:56

Bristol Paul LOL - this "isn't a proper supporter if doesn't stay until the very last minute" viewpoint is moronic itself. Is going before half time to get a beer, going for a p#ss during play, getting to your seat 30 seconds after kick-off mean you're a moron too?

IF you're the guy who pushes past me two or three times a half during play - occasionally stopping right in front of me if something exciting happens - then yes, yes, yes it does.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 28 Dec 2008 00:40

Ian Royal They get in the way?

+1. I had an end seat once and it was rediculous. I was standing on my seat in the end because some tosers want to get to their cars early. Why bother coming if your objective is to leave early. I can understand people who might have to work but the people who do it soley (sp?) for beating traffic are just pathetic. Turn the radio on while your waiting FFS :roll:

PS: Never get an end seat at the mad stad. If your ST seat is there, unlucky.

At the Birmingham game birmingham fans started leaving after we scored our second goal! With 20 minutes left!!! Thank god Reading fans are'nt that bad!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 28 Dec 2008 00:52

Agree with you Slammed and Rabid. If anyone leaves, they should not stop /start on the steps. Don't obstruct the walkways and stairs leading into the concourse. Religously there is a man in my row who leaves 10 mins before the end. It does become tedious to have to get up and constantly sit down everytime someone wishes to leave.
Rear exits could have been built into the design of the stadium to alleviate the congestion at the top of the stands. Oh and to the impatient munters who insist on pushing past others, creating a potential trip hazzard - fecking stop this. Much love.