How many games has Rogers got left?

259 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: How many games has Rogers got left?

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Sep 2009 15:05

LOL at trying to compare Reading's support with Stoke's and Newcastle's. That said, all Reading supporters - casual and otherwise, need to take a strong dose of reality.

And you REALLY think that BR speaks well? He is all sound bite and saying what he thinks we want to hear. Remind me who he used to work for?

Murts-is-Lej

by Murts-is-Lej » 18 Sep 2009 15:09

I'm afraid my Championship Manager brain did a "does not compute"! Can anyone explain what exactly Rodgers means by:
"The two systems are the 4-2-3-1 and the 4-4-2 diamond, depending on the game"?

I assume the former is defensive with 2 holding midfielders and 3 trying to get up and support the poor sod on his own up front (but no wingers). And the latter is slightly more offensive with only 1 holding midfielder and 3 trying to get up and support 2 strikers - in this case all 5 are in the same bit of the park (again with no wingers).

As this is completely opposite from the SSC era no wonder it will take a few people some time to get used to it...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Sep 2009 15:23

Sacking BR after 7 games of the season would be the worst decision SJM has ever made at this football club.

How he could possibly advocate sticking with Coppell after the shite I've had to watch over the last 2 years, and then sack the next guy because, although he is struggling to cope with the fact that all his best players have been sold due to the prudence of the chairman himself, and yet has still got the team playing in a decent manner......

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Sep 2009 15:40

abell I'm afraid my Championship Manager brain did a "does not compute"! Can anyone explain what exactly Rodgers means by:
"The two systems are the 4-2-3-1 and the 4-4-2 diamond, depending on the game"?

I assume the former is defensive with 2 holding midfielders and 3 trying to get up and support the poor sod on his own up front (but no wingers). And the latter is slightly more offensive with only 1 holding midfielder and 3 trying to get up and support 2 strikers - in this case all 5 are in the same bit of the park (again with no wingers).

As this is completely opposite from the SSC era no wonder it will take a few people some time to get used to it...

So we go from one system which relied heavily on wingers to a system which relies on creativity through the middle which makes playing against us so much easier. Last season, the supply from out wide was cut off. Many on here wanted a Plan B which never came. Now we have a new approach which, judging by Wednesday, has proven possible to restrict the supply to the front players. It looks like we are back to where we were under SSC. Where is Plan B?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 18 Sep 2009 15:44

Damn, if only there was some template to follow for success for a team of wingless wonders...

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Sep 2009 15:45

Barry the bird boggler Damn, if only there was some template to follow for success for a team of wingless wonders...

:D
And Jimmy Greaves still wouldn't get a game

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Sep 2009 15:46

It's ridiculous to even whisper about a sacking. We'd have to get relegated for that to happen I suspect.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Sep 2009 15:59

Agreed. I really honestly despair at the stupidity of some people.

I suppose mouthing off about Rodgers, Hammond, Madejski, Cummings, et al makes them feel big, strong and somehow significant for a fleeting moment. In fact this constant moaning is a sign of immense character weakness - staying power, courage, loyalty and faith are what make great characters, not the weak-willed fickle posturing that is so evident on here as soon as any problems are encountered.

As has been said many times, some fans really really need to grow a set.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Sep 2009 16:16

[quote="Royal Rother"] In fact this constant moaning is a sign of immense character weakness - staying power, courage, loyalty and faith are what make great characters, not the weak-willed fickle posturing that is so evident on here as soon as any problems are encountered.
quote]

I bet you've sent a few white feathers to people in your time.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Sep 2009 19:03

£545 a season ticket, £26 if you pay on the day and you're not really entitled to vent your spurious opinions on the various fortunes of the club on some faceless message board? Who gives a f*ck if people want to whinge and moan; most of them they pay enough money to watch that crap so let them have a rant if they want, it makes bog all difference to anything anyway.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 18 Sep 2009 19:08

floyd__streete £545 a season ticket, £26 if you pay on the day and you're not really entitled to vent your spurious opinions on the various fortunes of the club on some faceless message board? Who gives a f*ck if people want to whinge and moan; most of them they pay enough money to watch that crap so let them have a rant if they want, it makes bog all difference to anything anyway.

All the talk about fickle Reading fans makes me laugh. At how many other clubs would the players get some applause at the end of another home game without a win as witnessed on Wednesday night. Not one hint of booing...this for a team eight months without a home win. I'd say that makes us extremely patient compared with supporters of very many other clubs.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Sep 2009 19:08

Perfectly entitled of course - doesn't alter my conclusion.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Sep 2009 19:16

PEARCEY All the talk about fickle Reading fans makes me laugh. At how many other clubs would the players get some applause at the end of another home game without a win as witnessed on Wednesday night. Not one hint of booing...this for a team eight months without a home win. I'd say that makes us extremely patient compared with supporters of very many other clubs.

Spot on, as per usual Pearcey old chap. I am a bit bored with the lectures dished out by the same folk who assured us two years ago that there were 3 worse teams. We hear a load of guff on here about RFC fans being fickle and impatient but that simply isn't the case in reality, save a bit of irrelevant gobbing off on this forum which actually matters not one iota.

Royal Rother Perfectly entitled of course - doesn't alter my conclusion.

Good on ya. Hope you enjoy the view from your Moral Treehouse. Let us both hope that we win tomorrow and then you can sit even more smugly amongst the branches 8) .

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 18 Sep 2009 19:18

Forest Gump if attendances continue to fall

Vs. Doncaster: Attendance; 15697
Vs. Cardiff: Attendance; 16687

Admittedly due to away support, but that's definately a rise for me :mrgreen:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Sep 2009 20:34

It Is What It Is
Forest Gump if attendances continue to fall

Vs. Doncaster: Attendance; 15697
Vs. Cardiff: Attendance; 16687

Admittedly due to away support, but that's definately a rise for me :mrgreen:

Midweek game after a poor performance whilst on a terrible home run towards the start of the season. Not a bad attendence all things considered.

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 18 Sep 2009 20:56

Yeah! Let's sack him! Coz the next manager will have no money either, will he? Sure, change the tactics, but will his replacement be able to buy until January either? And BR has been given three or four seasons, after all. Lovely. Lets sack Brendan and the next two - I'd make it a part of their contract! (better mention I know our position for the shite replies).

Edit - lets sack him and give him his redundancy money too whilst SJM is trying too save! Lovely.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 18 Sep 2009 22:39

floyd__streete
SteveRoyal His contract runs for 3 years.
So... 3 years.

I bet it is an uncomplicated life being Steve Royal isn't it? Enlighten us as to how you came up with your unusual and memorable username, by the way.

I'm sure you already know.
I'd rather not complicate things by estimating when our manager will be sacked after 7 games.
When was the last time Madejski sacked a manager?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Sep 2009 00:21

OldBiscuit
Forest Gump Even though the Club management don't appear to be bothered about the success of the team this season I think they will have to act if attendances continue to fall and this is inevitable if we fail to win (or even score) at home.

Therefore I suggest that he has just two games. We need to get a win at Peterborough and must avoid defeat at home to Watford. This is made especially important when you look at the games to follow - away at Preston, home to Boro' and then away at West Brom.

Rogers may be a Reading man at heart but this is not enough. Most of us on this forum could be described as Reading men/women but we would rather have a good manager wherever he is from.

The key quality which, in my opinion we have missed for at least the last two managers, is the frankness to tell the Chairman that his policy of withdrawing investment is a mistake and to tell the squirt Hammond to f*ck the hell off.

WAANKKER!!!!!!!! Alex ferguson needed 4 Years. These are exciting time at Reading. (Forget the SCUM that bood on Wednesday). If you don't like the patient rebuilding of a new team then FOOK OFF!!!!. RFC is better off without your types. Give the man a chance, he has only had a month, make a verdict in a year or two. Meanwhile, you 'Johnny Come lately's' need to get behind the club and cheer them on. I must re-iterate, anyone that bood on wednesday night is a total ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you didn't go Wednesday, did you?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Sep 2009 01:07

He's got at least 1.5 seasons.

We knw that when he joined. Why would we give him any less??

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Sep 2009 01:15

2 world wars, 1 world cup He's got at least 1.5 seasons.

We knw that when he joined. Why would we give him any less??

If he's taking us down he'll go IMO.

259 posts