Shaun Cummings

223 posts
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Shaun Cummings

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 17 Sep 2009 15:32

brendywendy i like kebe, but seol was better
if he hadnt been preceded by little, i think he may have done ok here

Seol was an odd one, great for the 1st two months of a season then just goes off the radar.

Exactly the same happened in his season at Fulham.

Very frustrating, on his day he was Blakey with pace, the rest of the time was a bit Jimmy Kebe....

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 17 Sep 2009 15:44

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
brendywendy i like kebe, but seol was better
if he hadnt been preceded by little, i think he may have done ok here

Seol was an odd one, great for the 1st two months of a season then just goes off the radar.

Exactly the same happened in his season at Fulham.

Very frustrating, on his day he was Blakey with pace, the rest of the time was a bit Jimmy Kebe....

Again pretty much like the vast majority of wingers if we're honest. Its not really a position that inspires consistency.

We just got spoilt by having Little.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 17 Sep 2009 15:46

Ideal "another brilliant signing"

Piss off.

I used to like you, but you're duller than Royalee's ditchwater.

Tinrib

by Tinrib » 17 Sep 2009 16:01

bigmike How long before the fickle brigade start to boo him ?

I do believe that elements of the East stand faithful started last night, which speaks volumesof our loyal 'supporters'.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 17 Sep 2009 16:27

Tinrib
bigmike How long before the fickle brigade start to boo him ?

I do believe that elements of the East stand faithful started last night, which speaks volumesof our loyal 'supporters'.

racist scum

quel supreeeze

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 17 Sep 2009 17:27

Okay, after not bothering to read any of the thread my thoughts:

Good player, hopefully the more games he plays the more confident he'll become, but he really needs to take players on, and not in a half-hearted Rosenior sort of way. Actually attack the player, he did it once last night and won a corner from it. He also needs to work back hard if he loses the ball, a couple of times he was edge of the D sorta area, and as soon as we lost the ball they attacked down the right, only a good tackle from O'Dea stopping them from grabbing another one.

jollyjiminy

by jollyjiminy » 17 Sep 2009 17:30

Vision
Terminal Boardom
Dirk Gently Seol, Oster and Kebe have all received massive abuse for the crime of not being Glen Little - but the worst right-winger we've had in the past two years, Glen Little himself, was absolute rubbish and completely unfit but seemed above criticism.

Well said DG. Blakey only had one good season and that was a spectacular one.

Initial loan spell = ok, nothing special
1st season = very good
2nd season = Best season by a Reading player ever
3rd season = Fit for only half of it but the games he did play he made Premiership full-backs look like complete novices.

Of all the players I've seen over the years (and I saw Friday) he is in my view the best to ever wear the shirt. He was so good that Reading fans seem to take it for granted and expect all our wingers to produce week in week out even though historically its a position where even the best are only at it 1 in 3.

Hmmmm, if I take a trip down memory lane, I can remember a game against Aston Villa, with a certain Mr Barry at left back...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 18:01

I can remember one against Chelsea where he made Cole look like one of the chuckle brothers.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Sep 2009 18:44

for crissakes, don't you EVER let up?

You couldn't possibly have seen the game last night..and are not qualified to pass judgement on anyones performance (to which FWIW any critcism or ANY of our players based over the 90 minutes would be unjustified).

Much more of this brazen negativity ...and I will send your "old mate" Hilary Scott around to smack your thighs with a defrosted mackerel.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Sep 2009 18:57

AthleticoSpizz

You couldn't possibly have seen the game last night..and are not qualified to pass judgement on anyones performance (to which FWIW any critcism or ANY of our players based over the 90 minutes would be unjustified).

Much more of this brazen negativity ...and I will send your "old mate" Hilary Scott around to smack your thighs with a defrosted mackerel.

I was there and I thought that at best he looked ordinary. Certainly no improvement on Rosenior.

Now, about that mackerel...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Sep 2009 18:59

Terminal Boardom
AthleticoSpizz

I was there and I thought that at best he looked ordinary. Certainly no improvement on Rosenior.

have an eel

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Sep 2009 19:04

Terminal Boardom
AthleticoSpizz

Roseniors gone..and (on the bright side) he aint coming back.

As aforementioned (several times) Cummings is work in progress and needs an in-form Jimmy Kebe in front of him, the last 20 minutes were evidence of this.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Sep 2009 19:25

At this rate, every one of our players will be work in progress which, quite frankly, scares the shit out of me.

Starry Blue Hooped Wonder

by Starry Blue Hooped Wonder » 17 Sep 2009 19:39

I think there's some undeserved harsh criticism on this thread fo Cummings. I thought that his performance last night showed a distinct improvement to his performance against Doncaster - he seemed to have more of an idea of what to do with the ball, though he is still developing an understanding of the players around him and the system that the team as a whole is trying to learn how to play. As many have said, he needs to develope the confidence to take players on, and the one time he did last night he won a corner - which is always a positive outcome. I am hoeful this will come when he acclimatises himself to championship football and stops giving the opposition defence too much respect.

Defensively I thought he had a reasonably sound game.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Sep 2009 19:46

well said sir

and (last night) well played Shaun......kick-on son

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Sep 2009 19:59

Alivey he looked good going forward, penetrated the the Cardiff defence a few times.

But the Cardiff defence were walking off the pitch for half-time at that point!

Good job the local poachers weren't out lamping last night - they'd have mistaken him for a rabbit!

AthleticoSpizz
As aforementioned (several times) Cummings is work in progress and needs an in-form Jimmy Kebe in front of him, the last 20 minutes were evidence of this.

Conveniently overlooking the fact that Cardiff were playing with ten men for that period of time!

Not his fault, however, that the manager has had to resort to child labour in order to produce a cut-price coat.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 17 Sep 2009 20:03, edited 2 times in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Sep 2009 20:01

RoyalBlue
Alivey he looked good going forward, penetrated the the Cardiff defence a few times.

But the Cardiff defence were walking off the pitch for half-time at that point!

Good job the local poachers weren't out lamping last night - they'd have mistaken him for a rabbit!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Sep 2009 20:13

He looked nervous and needs to push on more to support the winger, but he's young and he's got the ability so I'm not worried. He'll come good.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Sep 2009 20:16

Royalee He looked nervous and needs to push on more to support the winger, but he's young and he's got the ability so I'm not worried. He'll come good.
when of course, he has a winger to support

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Sep 2009 20:17

Royalee He looked nervous and needs to push on more to support the winger, but he's young and he's got the ability so I'm not worried. He'll come good.

I fear not - the natives are extremely restless and baying for blood. Personally, although I don't think he's good enough, I wouldn't have a go at him during a game. Won't help and it's not his fault he has been thrown to the lions.

Now if times get really desperate and we end up with Madejski playing at right back................

223 posts