Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

241 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the Game - Crystal Palace

by Royal Lady » 09 Dec 2009 10:33

Couldn't he have put Kebe up front with Rasiak?

Royal Fleet

by Royal Fleet » 09 Dec 2009 10:34

loyalroyal4life MOM - Moses. How the guy has not been snapped up yet by a Prem club is beyond me

Quite. This lad is a real talent (and English!). The only positive I can take from last night is to enjoy watching someone with his skills. I know Tabb is not a right back, but the ease with which he went past him was laughable, and the two finishes were sublime.

To compare him to Keke just heightened my appreciation of how poor old 'Forest Gump' is for us.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 09 Dec 2009 10:36

That was it.

CONTROVERSIAL VIEW

Cisse wasn't that good at Wednesday. He wasn't. He lumbered around a bit and took his goal well. But his job was surely to break up play and he was pretty anonymous at that.

Cisse and Gunnarsson in CM? Don't make me laugh! The game bypassed them to the extent thay may as well not have been there.

Not all that surprising, I'm afraid.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 09 Dec 2009 10:37

Royal Fleet
loyalroyal4life MOM - Moses. How the guy has not been snapped up yet by a Prem club is beyond me

Quite. This lad is a real talent (and English!). The only positive I can take from last night is to enjoy watching someone with his skills. I know Tabb is not a right back, but the ease with which he went past him was laughable, and the two finishes were sublime.

To compare him to Keke just heightened my appreciation of how poor old 'Forest Gump' is for us.

If thats his everyday level, and if he gets a big move in Jan and performs, surely he's in with a shout for South Africa!

Somehow i doubt he's that good every week.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Dec 2009 10:50

Focher
Royal Fleet

If thats his everyday level, and if he gets a big move in Jan and performs, surely he's in with a shout for South Africa!

Somehow i doubt he's that good every week.

My mate's half dead dog would give our back 4 the runaround. I would like to see young Victor up against some real defenders. How will he / did he get on against the likes of Sheff Utd?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Dec 2009 11:15

Adam Federici in the EP As for the second goal its moved all over the place and completely wrong footed me. I'd know if I could have done any more than I did, but I couldn't have.

We need to stop making it so easy for teams to shoot in and around our box.

You look up the other end and when we try to shoot there are four or five people diving in front of the ball

You're right about one thing Federici, with you in goal we definately need to stop the opposition getting any half decent pot shots in!!!

I really don't like the way he's come out and effectively absolved himself from blame for the goals last night, let alone blame his team mates. Not a good sign.

philM

by philM » 09 Dec 2009 11:22

Hoop Blah
Adam Federici in the EP As for the second goal its moved all over the place and completely wrong footed me. I'd know if I could have done any more than I did, but I couldn't have.

You look up the other end and when we try to shoot there are four or five people diving in front of the ball

You're right about one thing Federici, with you in goal we definately need to stop the opposition getting any half decent pot shots in!!!

I really don't like the way he's come out and effectively absolved himself from blame for the goals last night, let alone blame his team mates. Not a good sign.

Got a link to the "EP" article?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 09 Dec 2009 11:23

Hoop Blah

In his head, he's playing for Australia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 401244.stm

Stop dreaming, Adam!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 11:31

Royal Lady Couldn't he have put Kebe up front with Rasiak?

I'd rather he shot Kebe through the leg with a rifle tbh, it might wake him up a bit.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 11:36

Just a small nick would suffice to scare him a little like he scares me every time he touches the bloody ball.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Dec 2009 11:37

The Real Sandhurst Royal Rodgers is tactically inept, time to go you do not know what you are doing but I known that for 20 games.

Tabb is not a right back Moses screwed Tabb into the ground with ease.. Has Rodgers ever thought of playing O' Dea at right back?

McAnuff played on the left wing against Blackpool cutting inside, chasing down the ball and constantly creating chances. Against Palace we watched Kebe do absoulutly f*ck all did the manager ever think of switching the wingers?

Rodgers bought on HKR in the second half in the first 20 second on the right side he got round the back, playing well. For the remaining 44minutes and 40 seconds I forgot HKR was on the pitch as he moved him inside to be a centre forward total joke.

Mateosky was not existant and did not want to know, your time is up you have had your chance.

That last observation is a complete and utter joke! Get yourself a recording of the match and try to watch it with the blinkers off and glasses on. I would suggest that the vision and quality of his passing was excellent again last night, particularly in the first half when he created loads of openings. Completion percentage would have been pretty high too.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Dec 2009 11:43

philM
Hoop Blah

Got a link to the "EP" article?

It's sat here on my desk, if you want to read it online I'd suggest you go to the EP's website and wait for it to appear there!

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 09 Dec 2009 11:51

winchester_royal Even so we should have won...

Goalkeeper aside, what on earth makes you say that?

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 09 Dec 2009 11:52

Like everyone, I keep hoping that Rodgers will come good, but what worries me most of all is his incoherent and inconsistent team selections. I can't get my head round the idea of playing Gunnarsson and Cisse at the same time. We just beat Sheffield Wednesday with a balanced midfield--OK, perhaps Sigurdsson had a knock or something (if not, then I lose the will to live). I was uneasy when we were playing Howard and Matejovsky, two forward-looking midfielders, with no cover for the defence, and so I was happy to see Cisse (or Karacan) come in; but to go from that to two defensive midfielders AT HOME, ché?

I suspect that Rodgers's philosphy is that tactics and selection should vary according to the opposition. In theory that makes sense, but in practice he needs to understand the old adage that players need simple, consistent instructions. To my eyes, the team was floundering over how best to feed Rasiak or the wingers. And to have Sigurdsson come on with a piece of paper was the ultimate nonsense. Three at the back should have been a practised option that could be operated automatically, without any panic stations.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 09 Dec 2009 11:55

Royalee Just a small nick would suffice to scare him a little like he scares me every time he touches the bloody ball.

I like the moment in the second half when his first touch shot about 15 yards in front of him and straight out of play.

Jimmy Kebe. Why?

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 09 Dec 2009 11:59

My thoughts, for what its worth.

First half, we were good. Not quite up to the standard explosive starts that we have been used to seeing (even when we were losing matches), but still probably had the better of the game. The main threat would have been from Palace's counter attacks, and the very very impressive Moses.

The mad minute made the match a forgone conclusion, and despite what people think of him, Colin is wiley enough to not let a two goal led slip without a damn hard scrap. The timing wouldn't have helped things, as a whole different strategy would have to be implemented to what was being thought out seconds before. To the goals themselves, I agree with Fed's that there should have been more closing down, but in reality he should've saved at least 2 of the 3 in the first half, if not all of them! His shot stopping from 6 yards appears to be better than his shot stopping from 25! I'd welcome Hamer in for Saturday, just to see a change as much as anything.

Second half started brightly as you'd expect, and a goal out of the first five minutes would've turned the game on its head, and we had the chances. Unfortunately when you're chasing a lead you become more susceptible to making mistakes, and this appeared to be the case against a clearly very fit Palace side, who did not tire of chasing us. Deserved penalty and good execution, yet I was dissapointed not to see us push on afterwards, perhaps fatigue was to blame, certainly so in Rasiak in my opinion. Class goal by Mose's at the end and a dissapointing result, and equally dissapointing refereeing throughout.

I do feel though that the match was lost in the crazy minute before half time, and not over the 90. Its another lesson learnt for our young squad, yet I'm confident they can get a result Saturday!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 12:03

I honestly think he might be even worse than Michael Meaker, he's that bad. He had one good run last night into the box, but I'm convinced the only reason he was allowed that was because the defender felt sorry for him. He's thick as shit, he has the touch of a rapist, his crossing is woeful, his shooting was demonstrated with that frankly laughable attempt he rolled to their keeper in the first half, he's weak with the ball, he can't head the ball, he can't tackle. Someone should tell Madejski there are cheaper players up at Palmer Park if all you have to be to turn out on the wing for us is quick without the ball, the Athletics Club could do with the money.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 09 Dec 2009 12:03

RoyalBlue
The Real Sandhurst Royal Rodgers is tactically inept, time to go you do not know what you are doing but I known that for 20 games.

Tabb is not a right back Moses screwed Tabb into the ground with ease.. Has Rodgers ever thought of playing O' Dea at right back?

McAnuff played on the left wing against Blackpool cutting inside, chasing down the ball and constantly creating chances. Against Palace we watched Kebe do absoulutly f*ck all did the manager ever think of switching the wingers?

Rodgers bought on HKR in the second half in the first 20 second on the right side he got round the back, playing well. For the remaining 44minutes and 40 seconds I forgot HKR was on the pitch as he moved him inside to be a centre forward total joke.

Mateosky was not existant and did not want to know, your time is up you have had your chance.

That last observation is a complete and utter joke! Get yourself a recording of the match and try to watch it with the blinkers off and glasses on. I would suggest that the vision and quality of his passing was excellent again last night, particularly in the first half when he created loads of openings. Completion percentage would have been pretty high too.

I think you're the one that needs to take the blinkers off.

I'm actually a fan of Marek and think we need to accept him warts and all but i literally lost count of the number of passes that went astray and pretty simple ones at that. On top of that he constantly failed to produce the defence splitting pass for which he's in the team. Several times there were balls available inside the full back which he either overhit or more often played straight at the defender.

I like him and want him in the side but to suggest he had anything other than a piss poor game is pure fantasy I'm afraid.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 09 Dec 2009 12:06

facaldaqui Like everyone, I keep hoping that Rodgers will come good, but what worries me most of all is his incoherent and inconsistent team selections. I can't get my head round the idea of playing Gunnarsson and Cisse at the same time. We just beat Sheffield Wednesday with a balanced midfield--OK, perhaps Sigurdsson had a knock or something (if not, then I lose the will to live). I was uneasy when we were playing Howard and Matejovsky, two forward-looking midfielders, with no cover for the defence, and so I was happy to see Cisse (or Karacan) come in; but to go from that to two defensive midfielders AT HOME, ché?

I suspect that Rodgers's philosphy is that tactics and selection should vary according to the opposition. In theory that makes sense, but in practice he needs to understand the old adage that players need simple, consistent instructions. To my eyes, the team was floundering over how best to feed Rasiak or the wingers. And to have Sigurdsson come on with a piece of paper was the ultimate nonsense. Three at the back should have been a practised option that could be operated automatically, without any panic stations.

Agreed. You might occasionally change something tactically to account for a particular threat but not every damn week, it just smacks of showing of someone trying to show how clever they are. Or Maclaren's disease for want of a better term.

The fact that he changed things to combat a Neil Warnock team from years ago rather than the current one was even more daft really.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 09 Dec 2009 12:12

Two holding, slow midfielders and one upfront at home

Dropping our player of the month in the process.

No club in the country would experience this kind of incompetence

241 posts