52%
No
48%

Total votes: 187
Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Should BR stay?

by Focher » 14 Dec 2009 14:08

Thaumagurist* I'll give him 2 more games, if he's not improved our position after that then I'm afraid I'll be for his departure.

even though performances are getting better, we are creating more chances, and results have improved?

Im not Rodgers biggest fan, but to sack him when the team is showing signs of improvement and with a transfer window approaching would be total lunacy.

Ps, there is not a hope in hell of us being relegated so he will be here next season as well, you can quote me on that :wink:

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 14 Dec 2009 14:10

Focher, you are right, the performances have been improving, we've picked up 11 points in the last 7 games. However, the Crystal Palace game has upset me quite a bit. We need to get back to how we were before the Palace game.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Dec 2009 14:13

Ian Royal
Focher Not even halfway through the season, results performances and goalscoring opportunities getting better, you can actually start to see what Brandon is trying to do now, and then you sack him. LOL.

I can 100% guarantee you Rodgers is here to stay, and whoever mentioned getting Coppell back needs a bullet in the head, do you remember the 2nd half of last season?

Yeah, it was better than this season.

You are kidding right?

For the last few months of last season we looked totally lost, we had no direction, no creativity, no confidence, and never even looked like scoring at home, let alone winning a game. That run of form has hung like a dark cloud over the club since at least March but at least for the last half a dozen home games we've looked like creating chances and winning games.

We're by no means the finished article, but, despite losing some Premiership quality players, we now look like a side more likely to win than at any point in Coppells last 4 or 5 months in charge.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Dec 2009 14:14

All this last week has highlighted for me was that we desperately need a decent striker or maybe even two and a player who is capable of leading like Ingimarsson but solidifying the defence as I genuinly think he is no longer the player he was.

The team is creating chances, Mcanuff being the main man for that, but not putting them away except for Rasiak but we can't pin all our hopes on those two players, and our defenders are making silly mistakes. I find it difficult to blame the manager or tactics for our inability to put the ball in the net with the number of chances or half chances we have been creating lately.

He's shown enough to me that he gets the next transfer window. If we stay in this league he gets next year as well, unless we have another shit year next season as well.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2009 14:14

Performances were improving. Now they are holding steady or possibly declining again and they really didn't get good enough when they were improving.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2009 14:15

Hoop Blah
Ian Royal
Focher Not even halfway through the season, results performances and goalscoring opportunities getting better, you can actually start to see what Brandon is trying to do now, and then you sack him. LOL.

I can 100% guarantee you Rodgers is here to stay, and whoever mentioned getting Coppell back needs a bullet in the head, do you remember the 2nd half of last season?

You are kidding right?

For the last few months of last season we looked totally lost, we had no direction, no creativity, no confidence, and never even looked like scoring at home, let alone winning a game. That run of form has hung like a dark cloud over the club since at least March but at least for the last half a dozen home games we've looked like creating chances and winning games.

We're by no means the finished article, but, despite losing some Premiership quality players, we now look like a side more likely to win than at any point in Coppells last 4 or 5 months in charge.

31 points in 23 games last season.

21 points in 21 games this season.

With last season you knew if we created a few decent chances we'd have a good chance of scoring. We also had a solid defence that could generally be relied upon.

We're now leaking goals regularly and all the chances in the world won't help you if you can't convert them to more goals than the opposition score.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 14 Dec 2009 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Dec 2009 14:16

Ian Royal

you've changed Ian, thats the 2nd post thats been total bollox in a week!

We are all too quick to forget how bad we were between Jan and May last season

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Dec 2009 14:18

Ian Royal

we are talking about recent games, not since the start of the season.

Read the posts properly before trying to argue.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Dec 2009 14:18

Thaumagurist* Focher, you are right, the performances have been improving, we've picked up 11 points in the last 7 games. However, the Crystal Palace game has upset me quite a bit. We need to get back to how we were before the Palace game.

Apart from Federici having a pretty typical nightmare, and Moses playing a bit of a blinder, why are you so down on that performance.

If Federici hadn't gifted them the lead I think we would've won it.

Now I know that's a big if, and of course he did gift them the lead, but in the grand scheme of things the Palace performance wasn't that bad apart from one key player cocking it up.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2009 14:19

Focher
Ian Royal

you've changed Ian, thats the 2nd post thats been total bollox in a week!

We are all too quick to forget how bad we were between Jan and May last season

And too keen to forget how we still accrued points at a mid-table rate that would have kept us safe from relegation quite easily.

You have to pick one really specific group of 10 games for us to have had anything you could say was relegation form, and that was form that still might have seen us stay up.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Dec 2009 14:21

Hoop Blah
Thaumagurist* Focher, you are right, the performances have been improving, we've picked up 11 points in the last 7 games. However, the Crystal Palace game has upset me quite a bit. We need to get back to how we were before the Palace game.

Apart from Federici having a pretty typical nightmare, and Moses playing a bit of a blinder, why are you so down on that performance.

If Federici hadn't gifted them the lead I think we would've won it.

Now I know that's a big if, and of course he did gift them the lead, but in the grand scheme of things the Palace performance wasn't that bad apart from one key player cocking it up.

At half time I genuinely felt we were still in that game.

As I said earlier, we are in desperate need of a striker to get on the end of the chances we are creating and someone to be playing who can solidify the defence.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Dec 2009 14:21

if it wasn't for Moses i really dont think we would have lost that game, it wasn't that bad apart from Federici. Its plainly obvious our defence is shit, and its also obvious Rasiak needs a partner up front, but the fact we are creating chances now gives me total hope that Rodgers an do something at this club.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Dec 2009 14:24

Ian Royal Performances were improving. Now they are holding steady or possibly declining again and they really didn't get good enough when they were improving.

The performances are now at a level where we can hope to win a decent number of games.

We obviously still need to get another forward to turn those performances into points, but I don't see how you can say performances are going backwards, especially when you take into account the quality of the players we have. There is a 'performance ceiling' they'll hit, at which point we can't expect them to do much more. That ceiling might be where we're at now, until we get in those couple of extra players to help get a bit more out of the existing players.

I agree that points in the bag are more important at the end of the season, but this time last year I was pointing out that our performances weren't warrenting the points we were getting. I could see that we were living on borrowed time and that the hot run of form in front of goal was papering over the cracks.

Right now I think we're in the exact opposite position.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2009 14:25

Focher
Ian Royal

Don't compare 7 games to 23. BR's best 10 game form really can't be much better than Coppell's WORST.

In fact Rodgers' best form 11 points from 10 games.
Coppell's worst form 10 points from 10 games.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Dec 2009 14:27

You forget the players Coppell had at his disposal, and you also forget the position we were in after Xmas. Our form after the Wolves game was total shit considering the circumstances, and the fact we didn't go up automatically in what was a pitifully poor quality championship was nothing short of a disgrace in my view.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Dec 2009 14:29

Ian Royal
Focher
Ian Royal

Don't compare 7 games to 23. BR's best 10 game form really can't be much better than Coppell's WORST.

In fact Rodgers' best form 11 points from 10 games.
Coppell's worst form 10 points from 10 games.

You could also probably say that Rodgers best 10 players aren't as good as Coppells worst 10 players. That isn't Rodgers fault as yet because of the massive changes to the squad and the restrictions places on him for getting new players in.

This was always going to be a tough season with the loss of key players (and characters) we suffered over the summer. Those that can't see that need a real reality check.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Dec 2009 14:30

Don't talk rubbish. We only lost 6 or 7 players.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Dec 2009 14:33

Ian Royal Don't talk rubbish. We only lost 6 or 7 players.

yeah only Hunt, Doyle, Hahnemann, Bikey, Lita, Rosenior, Harper.

Rubbish players :roll:

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 14 Dec 2009 14:35

USA
rosey
doobs
bikey
harper
doyle
shunt
lita

little and kitson who were on loan

thats 10
Last edited by weybridgewanderer on 14 Dec 2009 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 14 Dec 2009 14:36

Ian Royal Don't talk rubbish. We only lost 6 or 7 players.

Hmmm, I've checked soccerbase.....

Players out

Player To Fee Date
Kevin Doyle Wolves £ 6500000 30-06-2009
Marcus Hahnemann Wolves Free 01-07-2009
Scott Golbourne Exeter Signed 02-07-2009
Michael Duberry Wycombe Free 10-07-2009
Daniel Spence Salisbury Free 28-07-2009
Alan Bennett Brentford Free 30-07-2009
Leroy Lita Middlesbro Free 03-08-2009
Stephen Hunt Hull Signed 13-08-2009
Andre Bikey Burnley Signed 18-08-2009
Total: £ 6500000

Loans (players out)

Player To Start End
Alex McCarthy Yeovil 24-07-2009
Nicholas Bignall Stockport 31-08-2009
James Harper Sheff Utd 01-09-2009
Mikkel Andersen Bristol R 01-09-2009
James Henry Millwall 11-09-2009
Liam Rosenior Ipswich 11-09-2009
Michail Antonio Southampton 05-10-2009
Scott Davies Wycombe 10-10-2009
David Mooney Charlton 10-10-2009
Oliver Bozanic Aldershot 26-11-2009

Released players

Player Date
Graeme Murty 01-07-2009
Kelvin Bossman 01-07-2009

More than just 6 or 7 players, I'd say. Also, I have no idea who Kelvin Bossman is. :oops:

213 posts