Gylfi is leaving Reading

1419 posts
Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by Focher » 30 Aug 2010 22:28

Terminal Boardom Considering Walcott went for £12 million, I would like to think that Gylfi's stock would be at least this and nearer to the £15m to £20m mark. I am being serious too.

:lol:

£6m is very very good money for a 20 year old with 1 good season under his belt. I cant help but think that the club have been too hasty in taking this, as with 2 good seasons under his belt you could be looking at £10m.

Despite it being 'good business', i feel very very deflated at the moment and probably won't bother going to many games this season, id rather go fishing.
Last edited by Focher on 30 Aug 2010 22:28, edited 1 time in total.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 30 Aug 2010 22:28

winchester_royal The odd moment of class, but too often went missing in games. Great player, just not right for the English game.

Seriously, wtf?!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 30 Aug 2010 22:28

cmonurz
winchester_royal The odd moment of class, but too often went missing in games. Great player, just not right for the English game.

Seriously, wtf?!

Don't you know? as soon as a player leaves Reading they are instantly shit.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 30 Aug 2010 22:29

cmonurz

Seriously, wtf?!

Seriously,wtf +1

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Aug 2010 22:30

IcelandicStokie Gylfi has passed the medical and signed a four year contract. Unveiled tomorrow. The fee 6m.

If that fee is correct and it is upfront none of the add on crap then RFC have got a great deal and tbf if it is what Gylfi wants then he fully deserves it.

They are 2nd in the league so hopefully he can keep them up there.

Thanks Gylfi for actually allowing us to watch some quality football from a magical player. Don't think we will see another player strike free kicks our shots from outside the box like him for a while at RFC... sorry forgot about howard :roll:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Aug 2010 22:30

Translation from German website:

1899 Hoffenheim made a find short before the end of the transfer period in England. Of the second-division team of FC Reading midfield player Gylfi Thor Sigurdsson in the Kraichgau comes. National league team 1899 Hoffenheim made a find short before the end of the transfer period in England. Of the second-division team of FC Reading Gylfi Thor Sigurdsson in the Kraichgau changes. Midfield players old offensive and gate dangerous the 20 years, who gave in May its debut in the Icelandic national team, will sign a four year contract after SID information in Hoffenheim. The transfer is supposed to be announced on Tuesday by the club officially.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Aug 2010 22:31

Terminal Boardom Considering Walcott went for £12 million, I would like to think that Gylfi's stock would be at least this and nearer to the £15m to £20m mark. I am being serious too.

Certainly pushing £10m

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 30 Aug 2010 22:32

Yeah, but Walcott was never worth £12m... Prices for young English players are always over inflated...

In an ideal world, I'd obviously want Siggy to go for more money, but... I'm a football realist. I know what kind of club that i support, I'm no going to moan about it. It's a good offer, and in order to make us stable, it's one we should accept. There's no free cash hanging around any more, we just have to suck it and see. If you don't like it, go watch the financial powerhouse of the South. See how many pennies they can scrape together...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Aug 2010 22:33

Alan Partridge
cmonurz

Seriously, wtf?!

Don't you know? as soon as a player leaves Reading they are instantly shit.

Yeah that's what I said. :roll:

It's only my opinion of course, but for me we just didn't get him on the ball enough, not through any fault of his own, but too often the game went through lengthy spells without Siggy seeing much of the ball (mainly because we didn't have a striker capable of holding up the ball).

He'll be a massive loss, of course, but I think we'll see him really come into his own in the Bundesliga where he'll get more time on the ball to showcase his endless talent.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 30 Aug 2010 22:33

MmmMonsterMunch Translation from German website:

1899 Hoffenheim made a find short before the end of the transfer period in England. Of the second-division team of FC Reading midfield player Gylfi Thor Sigurdsson in the Kraichgau comes. National league team 1899 Hoffenheim made a find short before the end of the transfer period in England. Of the second-division team of FC Reading Gylfi Thor Sigurdsson in the Kraichgau changes. Midfield players old offensive and gate dangerous the 20 years, who gave in May its debut in the Icelandic national team, will sign a four year contract after SID information in Hoffenheim. The transfer is supposed to be announced on Tuesday by the club officially.

Thanks for that. It makes me realise what a small club we still are.
The Hoffenheim version of HNA will be apopletic complaining they have signed someone from a club they have never heard of etc tc

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 30 Aug 2010 22:34

Royal Lady Sigs could have stayed this season and, assuming he scored another 20+ goals, would have been at a top 6 prem club come the start of next season I reckon. Plus, more money for us.

And he could injure himself next week, never be the same and never have the chance of top-flight football ever again.

LOL at choosing Reading over the Bundesliga.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Aug 2010 22:34

They could always send him back on loan for more experience?!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Aug 2010 22:35

PEARCEY
leon
who was it then?

Darlington

thanks

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 30 Aug 2010 22:36

Basingstoke Royal
So the premiership is not a stable league?????

I obviously just rate him more highly than you do. There were rumours earlier today that Liverpool had been watching him - now thats more of the level I believe he should be aiming for. Not a mid table german team that (and im sorry if my knowledge of german football is not up to scratch) I and many others havent heard of.

And the arguement you put forward regarding the national team makes no sense at all.

German national team is strong because their domestic league is weak and doesnt attract the best players in the world and they have mainly home grown players. The premiership is the best domestic league in the world and attracts the best players from around the world, unfortunately this means our national team is weak as the english players dont get a game.

Premiership stable? Are you retarded? There is nothing stable about portsmouth, man city, liverpool, west ham's,etc antics over the last few years.

The German domestic league is weak? Once again...what are you talking about? How many teams did they have in the champs league final last season compared to ours? Bayern knocked out our champions. End of story. Their attendances are also higher. Borussia Dortmund get bigger crowds than Man United and have done nothing for a decade. You really need to do some reading up before you continue spouting nonsense. Last part of your argument is also rubbish, if English players were good enough they would start instead of Foreigners, they aren't and they don't...blame the STABILITY of the English leagues.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Aug 2010 22:36

MmmMonsterMunch They could always send him back on loan for more experience?!

why would they do that? they are paying £6m because they feel he is good enough to walk into their team now! not in 1 seasons time

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Aug 2010 22:38

loyalroyal4life
MmmMonsterMunch They could always send him back on loan for more experience?!

why would they do that? they are paying £6m because they feel he is good enough to walk into their team now! not in 1 seasons time

No shit sherlock! Twas a joke.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 30 Aug 2010 22:39

FiNeRaIn
Basingstoke Royal
So the premiership is not a stable league?????

I obviously just rate him more highly than you do. There were rumours earlier today that Liverpool had been watching him - now thats more of the level I believe he should be aiming for. Not a mid table german team that (and im sorry if my knowledge of german football is not up to scratch) I and many others havent heard of.

And the arguement you put forward regarding the national team makes no sense at all.

German national team is strong because their domestic league is weak and doesnt attract the best players in the world and they have mainly home grown players. The premiership is the best domestic league in the world and attracts the best players from around the world, unfortunately this means our national team is weak as the english players dont get a game.

Premiership stable? Are you retarded? There is nothing stable about portsmouth, man city, liverpool, west ham's,etc antics over the last few years.

The German domestic league is weak? Once again...what are you talking about? How many teams did they have in the champs league final last season compared to ours? Bayern knocked out our champions. End of story. Their attendances are also higher. Borussia Dortmund get bigger crowds than Man United and have done nothing for a decade. You really need to do some reading up before you continue spouting nonsense. Last part of your argument is also rubbish, if English players were good enough they would start instead of Foreigners, they aren't and they don't...blame the STABILITY of the English leagues.

It's not often I agree with you Rainers, but you have it spot on!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Aug 2010 22:40

Gutted to see such a good player move on but it was only a matter of time I guess. Still, it would've been nice to get a bit more out of him, and enjoy watching such a talent, before we had to let him fly the nest.

It's the perfect size club for him too. Yes bigger and better clubs may have been interested in him but he needs to and he wouldn't get that at a bigger club.

Despite all the words and the romantic hopes on here, Sigurdsson and his agent would've pushed for the release clause so that they had the power and control over his future, and not up to the club. The club had to get him on a new deal as he was too valuable an asset not to tie down.

We have to invest a massive chunk of the fee back into the team or we're really going to find it tough going for the rest of the season.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 30 Aug 2010 22:42

FiNeRaIn

So what you are saying is that the bundesliga is stronger than the premiership? If players like drogba, Torres, ronaldo went to play in that league, would they be kept out of the team by germans? Don't think so.
:lol:
Last edited by Basingstoke Royal on 30 Aug 2010 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 30 Aug 2010 22:42

cmonurz
Terminal Boardom As for his first touch...

Sig's first touch vs Shane Long's first touch. Discuss. :lol:

Shane Long's first touch is his seventh.

1419 posts