DEAL OFF - Bradley Wright Phillips

934 posts
roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: DEAL OFF - Bradley Wright Phillips

by roadrunner » 12 Jan 2011 13:37

Largely their worried about them now not being able to lift the transfer embargo. Others concerned about a points deduction coming now they lose out on 300k, and some stupid comments about us failing the medical in order to drive the price down.

Quintrell_Green

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote
I just hope the medical was done with a degree of integrity, bearing in mind the possibility there could be a ruse to reduce the transfer fee. It might be in BWP's interest to go to London and have an independent medical done and pay for it himself. At least he knows, where he stands and not be an innocent pawn in Argyle's quest to rid itself of an administration threat.

The question remains, why is a consultant orthopaedic surgeon in Reading any better than the local consultant to PAFC, who has passed him fit to play to a high standard this season? Surely the proof of the medical is in the injury free playing record these last 4 months after virtually a season of rehabilitation

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 12 Jan 2011 13:41

roadrunner Largely their worried about them now not being able to lift the transfer embargo. Others concerned about a points deduction coming now they lose out on 300k, and some stupid comments about us failing the medical in order to drive the price down.

Quintrell_Green

I just hope the medical was done with a degree of integrity, bearing in mind the possibility there could be a ruse to reduce the transfer fee. It might be in BWP's interest to go to London and have an independent medical done and pay for it himself. At least he knows, where he stands and not be an innocent pawn in Argyle's quest to rid itself of an administration threat.

The question remains, why is a consultant orthopaedic surgeon in Reading any better than the local consultant to PAFC, who has passed him fit to play to a high standard this season? Surely the proof of the medical is in the injury free playing record these last 4 months after virtually a season of rehabilitation

Fit to play now is different from fit to play in the future.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Jan 2011 13:41

under the tin It just cracks me up how some can immediately dismiss a player because of what his price tag is, or from where he came.

I agree with the point your making, but that sounds like a massive sweeping generalisation. Most people on here who have offered an opinion on the player have done so because they're seen (a fair bit of) him playing.

There's been discussion about whether his £300k is a bargain price or a worthy investment, but that's not writing him off or proclaiming him as the man to fire us to the Premier League.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 12 Jan 2011 13:51

facaldaqui
roadrunner Largely their worried about them now not being able to lift the transfer embargo. Others concerned about a points deduction coming now they lose out on 300k, and some stupid comments about us failing the medical in order to drive the price down.

Quintrell_Green

Fit to play now is different from fit to play in the future.

Absolutely. In all fairness, Plymouth are more likely/desperate to pay and play BWP than we are. I would suggest that the 'local consultant to PAFC' has said "Look, here's the issue...he can play, but it's permanent injury. If he can get by, then on your head be it. If you can sell him and he passes a medical - do it."

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Jan 2011 13:57

Let's suppose the player has one season left in him before medical issues may cause long term injuries.

Argyle have the player - it's in their interests to play him to get a contribution from him on the pitch which will help their cause and maybe also attract a buyer to help their financial situation. If he has long term medical issues that are not going to affect him this season that's not going to make any difference to their decision to play him this season. They won't lose anymore money than they already paid for him.

Reading are likely after a player who can last beyond the end of the season in return for a £300k investment. If it was £300 then it's a no brainer, but £300k is alot for a player that experts advise is not fit enough medically to meet the requirements of the club over the required period.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Jan 2011 14:01

I would like to interject here to say get yer hand in your pocket Madejski, but sadly he already has.....only to find out that BWP has half-inched his wallet.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 12 Jan 2011 14:02

For the sake of the honour of the Wright-Phillips family, Sean should now join us for a £300,000 fee and £500,000 a year. It is the decent thing to do. Ian Wright should have a word with Man City.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Jan 2011 14:03

Handsome Man For the sake of the honour of the Wright-Phillips family, Sean should now join us for a £300,000 fee and £500,000 a year. It is the decent thing to do. Ian Wright should have a word with Man City.

Michail Antonio > SWP.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 12 Jan 2011 14:06

Handsome Man For the sake of the honour of the Wright-Phillips family, Sean should now join us for a £300,000 fee and £500,000 a year. It is the decent thing to do. Ian Wright should have a word with Man City.

This please

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2011 14:10

I smell foul play on Readings part in this.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 12 Jan 2011 14:19

whichever way round it is there's no doubt in my mind that Mad€j$ki will have lined his pockets somehow

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 12 Jan 2011 14:22

No Fixed Abode I smell foul play on Readings part in this.

I hope not: it would be unlike us. It seems to me that what we've been told is the truth: that we agreed a fee and terms pending a medical, which turned out to reveal a worrying injury. If Reading come back and try to buy W-P for less, then I'd smell foul play too. But if I were McDermott I wouldn't want a player who might get long-term injured and who'd be unable to train properly--so I hope this is the end of the matter.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Jan 2011 14:28

If it was foul play though he wouldn't be a greater risk of injury than any other player.

If he is a greater risk because of the medical results then there's no fould play surely?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Jan 2011 14:29

Wax Jacket whichever way round it is there's no doubt in my mind that Mad€j$ki will have lined his pockets somehow

:lol: :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Jan 2011 14:30

facaldaqui
No Fixed Abode I smell foul play on Readings part in this.

I hope not: it would be unlike us. It seems to me that what we've been told is the truth: that we agreed a fee and terms pending a medical, which turned out to reveal a worrying injury. If Reading come back and try to buy W-P for less, then I'd smell foul play too. But if I were McDermott I wouldn't want a player who might get long-term injured and who'd be unable to train properly--so I hope this is the end of the matter.

M8 - you crack me up!! It's KES ffs - he's on a wind up! :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Jan 2011 14:30

Hoop Blah If it was foul play though he wouldn't be a greater risk of injury than any other player.

If he is a greater risk because of the medical results then there's no fould play surely?

And a Whooooosh for you too my friend. :lol:

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 12 Jan 2011 14:38

Plymouth Argyle website Free Gift with player

Plymouth are now offering to throw in a free watch to anyone who buys bradley

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10364,00.html

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Jan 2011 14:40

Royal Lady And a Whooooosh for you too my friend. :lol:

Yeah fair enough, if you say so RL.

You just told off facaldaqui for responding seriously to a Kes wind up, and then you've wooshed me for taking facaldaqui's post seriously???

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Jan 2011 14:47

Hoop Blah
Royal Lady And a Whooooosh for you too my friend. :lol:

Yeah fair enough, if you say so RL.

You just told off facaldaqui for responding seriously to a Kes wind up, and then you've wooshed me for taking facaldaqui's post seriously???

Whatevs - you were talking about foul play which is what Kes was winding people up about - if you'd known it was a whoosh from the start, you'd have told Falcadoodey or whatever he's called! :wink:

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 12 Jan 2011 14:47

Z175
Plymouth Argyle website Free Gift with player

Plymouth are now offering to throw in a free watch to anyone who buys bradley

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10364,00.html

All for £17.99. And we were happy to offer £300k?

934 posts