STEPHEN HUNT - IS HIS TIME UP?

831 posts
Dr Hfuhruhurr

Re: STEPHEN HUNT - IS HIS TIME UP?

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 04 Feb 2009 12:43

Alan Partridge I

Midfielders but mainly wingers usually score a goal or two a season that is goal of the season candidate,w8sFY

What cock rot.
Every midfielder scores 2 goals a season that is goal of the season candidate??

24 clubs. 4 midfielders. 2 goals.
8 x 24 = 192 candidates for Goal of The Season in the Championship?

That has to be the biggest load of shit youve ever come out with, and you come out with a lot.
And Im being kind - I havent factored in that clubs have more than 4 midfielders playing during a season.

Even at the absolute bare minimum of your calculations we have 24 clubs. 2 Wingers (although most clubs have more) 1 goal = 48 contenders. Thats one hell of a competition.

You dont like Hunt. We get it, OK.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Feb 2009 12:47

maybe goal of the season was pushing it but good wingers generally score the odd cracking goal. As highlighted earlier by the last few Reading wingers and examples of good goals scored by them. I am struggling to think of one from Hunt in his time here.

You didn't agree, no need to get all defensive.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 04 Feb 2009 12:48

Gary Lineker never scored a WOW goal.

HTH

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 04 Feb 2009 12:50

Gordons Cumming Gary Lineker never scored a WOW goal.

HTH

Never realised he was a winger.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 04 Feb 2009 12:51

Alan Partridge
Gordons Cumming Gary Lineker never scored a WOW goal.

HTH

Never realised he was a winger.

Played there for Barcelona.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Feb 2009 12:52

Couldn't give a flying one if a winger never scores a Wow Goal - as long as he's chipping in with goals that's fine with me - after all there are no extra points for artistic merit.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Feb 2009 12:56

Nice one AP, I didn't think Hunt-bashing could possibly get more absurd btu you've done it :lol:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 04 Feb 2009 12:57

Stranded Couldn't give a flying one if a winger never scores a Wow Goal - as long as he's chipping in with goals that's fine with me - after all there are no extra points for artistic merit.

Quite, was just making an observation. I don't doubt Hunt's contribution to the 'team' philosophy we have here. He adds lots more than Seol and the likes of Convey in terms of his defensive qualities and fitness levels. His attacking play lacks the finesse of those mentioned which would possibly be the reasoning for the lack of spectacular goals, he doesn't have the technical qualities of the Convey's or Little's to execute those sorts of goals, however if hehad to stick his head in where boots are flying it's far likely he'd scramble the ball in than the others.

Watch him hit a screamer Saturday! 8)

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 04 Feb 2009 12:57

Silver Fox Nice one AP, I didn't think Hunt-bashing could possibly get more absurd btu you've done it :lol:

Of course it wasn't a bashing but thanks anyway

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 04 Feb 2009 15:35

Alan Partridge I was tempted to start another thread for this but it's not really worth it!

I saw the highlights of Southampton's game last night and Andrew Surman scored an excellent volley to level the scores briefly in their game with Sheffield Utd.It got me thinking has Stephen Hunt ever scored a 'wow' goal?

The nearest I can think was that run and smack against the bar at home against Birmingham (I think) last season. That would have been a "wow!" goal.

Mind you, if we're talking about wingers, are we ever going to see another goal at all from Kebe?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Feb 2009 15:49

CMRoyal
Alan Partridge I was tempted to start another thread for this but it's not really worth it!

I saw the highlights of Southampton's game last night and Andrew Surman scored an excellent volley to level the scores briefly in their game with Sheffield Utd.It got me thinking has Stephen Hunt ever scored a 'wow' goal?

The nearest I can think was that run and smack against the bar at home against Birmingham (I think) last season. That would have been a "wow!" goal.

Mind you, if we're talking about wingers, are we ever going to see another goal at all from Kebe?

I think thats a weakness in the current side to be honest.

Although we're top scorers in the division we're a bit too reliant on the front two for our goals, or at least that's how it seems to me. I'm sure Snowball can pull out some stats to totally disprove that...

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 04 Feb 2009 17:29

Hoop Blah
CMRoyal

I think thats a weakness in the current side to be honest.

Although we're top scorers in the division we're a bit too reliant on the front two for our goals, or at least that's how it seems to me. I'm sure Snowball can pull out some stats to totally disprove that...

I think (without checking) that within most of the top sides most of the goals are scored by strikers so we are no different.
Every team manager would love wingers and midfielders to score more goals unless you count arbitrary midfielders or wingers like Gerrard,Fat Frank , Ronaldo or Messi.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Oi SHunt...

by Woodcote Royal » 05 Feb 2009 03:24

Alan Partridge
Terminal Boardom ... Get a new agent.

I wonder how it feels not to be wanted by a Premier League club?

I wonder how it feels to be perceived as a pr1ck for prostituting his services to all and sundry with no return?

Can promote yourself as much as you like but the problem being he just isn't that good at football. Always a slight hindrance. Not surprising no one came in with the £5million when you can get the likes of Kevin Nolan for £4million or Bullard for the same price.

What's the most anyone has spent on Glen "Wonder Goal" Little?

As far as I can see he scored 5 goals for us in 80 odd starts.........................which, all things being equal, places his skill set in front of goal somewhere below Adam Federici's.

On the other hand, Stephen "he just isn't very good at football" Hunt has already scored 7 this season. And, yes :roll: , we know some of them are from the spot but is it Hunty's fault that, apart from one nice chip down at Plymouth, Glen usually couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo so was always at the back of the queue for any pens?

However, there's no doubting Glen's prowess on the right wing and his delivery into the box but even here, who has more assists this season than Hunt and who cried like a baby on the one occasion he was asked to switch flanks (because his left foot isn't as good as Hunt's right)

As others have observed, you clearly don't like Hunt but that hardly excuses some of the nonsense you've written about him here. If Convey has so much more skill where the fcuk is he :roll:

Basically, Hahnemanns cr@p because he's got shorts arms and Hunty's cr@p because AP doesn't like him.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 05 Feb 2009 05:43

I'm sorry, but :lol: and :shock: at moaning that goals scored by a player are not good enough

I honestly could not give a shit how a RFC player legally chooses to put the ball into the opposition goal. Utterly absurd point

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 05 Feb 2009 08:41

Okay, in answer to the question in the title - clearly not.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 05 Feb 2009 09:26

The whole year inn I'm sorry, but :lol: and :shock: at moaning that goals scored by a player are not good enough

I honestly could not give a shit how a RFC player legally chooses to put the ball into the opposition goal. Utterly absurd point

It wasn't a 'moan'or a point, just an observation that I personally can't remember a really good goal from the bloke, that's it.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 05 Feb 2009 09:30

Woodcote Royal
Alan Partridge
Terminal Boardom ... Get a new agent.

I wonder how it feels not to be wanted by a Premier League club?

I wonder how it feels to be perceived as a pr1ck for prostituting his services to all and sundry with no return?

Can promote yourself as much as you like but the problem being he just isn't that good at football. Always a slight hindrance. Not surprising no one came in with the £5million when you can get the likes of Kevin Nolan for £4million or Bullard for the same price.

What's the most anyone has spent on Glen "Wonder Goal" Little?

As far as I can see he scored 5 goals for us in 80 odd starts.........................which, all things being equal, places his skill set in front of goal somewhere below Adam Federici's.

On the other hand, Stephen "he just isn't very good at football" Hunt has already scored 7 this season. And, yes :roll: , we know some of them are from the spot but is it Hunty's fault that, apart from one nice chip down at Plymouth, Glen usually couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo so was always at the back of the queue for any pens?

However, there's no doubting Glen's prowess on the right wing and his delivery into the box but even here, who has more assists this season than Hunt and who cried like a baby on the one occasion he was asked to switch flanks (because his left foot isn't as good as Hunt's right)

As others have observed, you clearly don't like Hunt but that hardly excuses some of the nonsense you've written about him here. If Convey has so much more skill where the fcuk is he :roll:

Basically, Hahnemanns cr@p because he's got shorts arms and Hunty's cr@p because AP doesn't like him.

He doesn't offer as much to the team philosophy that is so important to the way Reading play, already stated, by me.

Dunno where you got the 'cried like a baby' bit about Little, fact remains that Little and Convey's extra bit of quality with a ball at their feet played a major part to 106 points and 99 goals. Injuries ruined the rest of their RFC careers, but in that 1 season when they were both fit and firing they were both superb, in Little's case that season he was the best player in the league.

What's the most anyone ever spent on Little? Think Burnley took him for a small fee, Palace or was it Man city rings a bell? bid well over £2million I think it was for him in his Burnley days but it was rejected.

What's the most anyone's spent on Hunt if you want to go down that road?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 05 Feb 2009 10:11

Alan Partridge Dunno where you got the 'cried like a baby' bit about Little, fact remains that Little and Convey's extra bit of quality with a ball at their feet played a major part to 106 points and 99 goals. Injuries ruined the rest of their RFC careers, but in that 1 season when they were both fit and firing they were both superb, in Little's case that season he was the best player in the league.

:shock:

I thought Sidwell won Championship player of the season? If that's your opinion then OK but it's an entirely disputable "fact" as you have described it.

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 05 Feb 2009 11:02

Alan Partridge maybe goal of the season was pushing it but good wingers generally score the odd cracking goal. As highlighted earlier by the last few Reading wingers and examples of good goals scored by them. I am struggling to think of one from Hunt in his time here.

You didn't agree, no need to get all defensive.

Birmingham away in the FA Cup, 05/06 season, good run, cracking shot, off the underside of the bar and in from the edge of the area.

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 05 Feb 2009 11:05

Royal With Cheese
Alan Partridge Dunno where you got the 'cried like a baby' bit about Little, fact remains that Little and Convey's extra bit of quality with a ball at their feet played a major part to 106 points and 99 goals. Injuries ruined the rest of their RFC careers, but in that 1 season when they were both fit and firing they were both superb, in Little's case that season he was the best player in the league.

:shock:

I thought Sidwell won Championship player of the season? If that's your opinion then OK but it's an entirely disputable "fact" as you have described it.

From my View Little was by far and away the best player in the league that season. The best player I have ever seen in a Reading shirt, was secretly hoping we'd get him back on loan in the transfer window. Probably best we didn't though.

831 posts