Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8685 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by winchester_royal » 16 Aug 2014 20:22

blueroyals 12 minutes of nothing.

I thought it was quite revealing:

- Sassy is excited.
- SJM is smug.
- Stability is the key word.
- Won't see mega money spent.
- Sounds like we won't have black holes to fill though.
- Academy will continue to be key.
- Community is important to Thais.
- Get the feeling that while 'stability' is the buzz word, Sassy is quite ambitious and not afraid of pulling the trigger if necessary.
- They were talking as if it were a done deal, even if there are a few more t's to be crossed.
- When all is ratified there'll be a big press conference.
- Sir John and Sassy have had intercourse.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 16 Aug 2014 20:26

winchester_royal

- Sassy is excited.
- SJM is smug.
- Stability is the key word.
- Won't see mega money spent.
- Sounds like we won't have black holes to fill though.
- Academy will continue to be key.
- Community is important to Thais.
- Get the feeling that while 'stability' is the buzz word, Sassy is quite ambitious and not afraid of pulling the trigger if necessary.
- They were talking as if it were a done deal, even if there are a few more t's to be crossed.
- When all is ratified there'll be a big press conference.
- Sir John and Sassy have had intercourse.

Maybe I was being a bit hasty. Came across well but these things are almost always scripted. IMO this (and the statement on the website a few weeks ago) was just to tick boxes on the FL tests.

The fact that Sasima is being pushed aggressively by SJM as the 'lead' whilst there is an equal shareholder in Samrit who owns a club abroad is highly tactical and again, is just to score more points on the FL test (the FL don't want any more 'Watfords' where players are trafficked between clubs).

Cautiously optimistic.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Aug 2014 20:30

winchester_royal - Sir John and Sassy have had intercourse.

Rofl

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Aug 2014 20:51

winchester_royal

- Sassy is excited.
- SJM is smug.
-

You found that 'revealing' ? :shock:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Aug 2014 20:53

Sassy is one fine piece

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Aug 2014 21:44

Just watched the interview with them both. Sassy really doesn't seem to have a clue, seems nice though. SJM is embarrassing at times and doesn't really sound like there is going to be any real money for signings. I thought Samrit was the lead guy aswell, on Facebook he was basically acting like he was going to be chairman, something doesn't feel right. Happy to be proved wrong though.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 16 Aug 2014 21:51

I think it's very important we keep her away from the fire place.

SJM suggested he will remain chairman. as much as I like him, I didn't want him to be too involved. He's held us back enough in the past as it is. Whilst I don't want another Zingarevich situation, I would like a sensible and fresh approach, not the same old.
Last edited by SPARTA on 16 Aug 2014 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Aug 2014 21:54

LoyalRoyal22 Just watched the interview with them both. Sassy really doesn't seem to have a clue, seems nice though. SJM is embarrassing at times and doesn't really sound like there is going to be any real money for signings. I thought Samrit was the lead guy aswell, on Facebook he was basically acting like he was going to be chairman, something doesn't feel right. Happy to be proved wrong though.

He was, the deal changed and Sassy came on board as leader. Presumably he needed more people to put up the money.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 16 Aug 2014 21:55

Ian Royal
LoyalRoyal22 Just watched the interview with them both. Sassy really doesn't seem to have a clue, seems nice though. SJM is embarrassing at times and doesn't really sound like there is going to be any real money for signings. I thought Samrit was the lead guy aswell, on Facebook he was basically acting like he was going to be chairman, something doesn't feel right. Happy to be proved wrong though.

He was, the deal changed and Sassy came on board as leader. Presumably he needed more people to put up the money.

CW has said though that whilst she might be the lead, all four owners have equal share. My concern with that is too many cooks... Hopefully it doesn't play out like that, but.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 16 Aug 2014 21:58

SPARTA

SJM suggested he will remain chairman. as much as I like him, I didn't want him to be too involved. He's held us back enough in the past as it is. Whilst I don't want another Zingarevich situation, I would like a sensible and fresh approach, not the same old.

Sorry Sparts but I couldn't agree less. Given the growth of the club in the last 20 years I'd say the 'same old' is exactly what we need.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 16 Aug 2014 22:18

winchester_royal
SPARTA

Sorry Sparts but I couldn't agree less. Given the growth of the club in the last 20 years I'd say the 'same old' is exactly what we need.

Yes and no. Yes to ensure we remain where we are and have the odd year in the PL. No if that means getting there, not spending as we have failed to do in the three previous seasons at that level, and then struggling with the books when relegated, and managing annual black holes. We need something more now, more investment. Not anything stupid in outrageous terms, but we need the backing to go beyond that and try and stay there like Stoke have, and WBA, even Wigan. All fine examples of pushing the boat out a bit more, but not too much, and reaping the rewards. That will never happen with the SJM model. We need to go a step further.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Aug 2014 22:23

What we need is what we had from SJM before the recession hit and he decided football was too expensive. We cocked things up in one season and it coincided with SJM starting the process of losing about 2/3rds of his wealth.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 16 Aug 2014 22:25

Depends what you see as the 'SJM model'. Personally I think he wants the club to be self sufficient, be a community club, and have a prosperous academy. That's what I think we all want tbh. Hopefully this 'partnership' will mean we don't have to sell our best players every year to cover losses, if so then we'll do very nicely over the next 10 years because the potential is there for all to see.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 16 Aug 2014 22:30

winchester_royal Depends what you see as the 'SJM model'. Personally I think he wants the club to be self sufficient, be a community club, and have a prosperous academy. That's what I think we all want tbh. Hopefully this 'partnership' will mean we don't have to sell our best players every year to cover losses, if so then we'll do very nicely over the next 10 years because the potential is there for all to see.

Whilst that sounds good, it's very unlikely it will see us stay in the Premier League unless significant investment is provided as well - which we've never had under is leadership. Hopefully the Thai's will back the manager in that respect. I guess we'll have a better idea in the next 18 months or so.

percy_freeman

Green Hair??

by percy_freeman » 16 Aug 2014 22:58

Is that really appropriate for a 76 year old?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: Green Hair??

by ZacNaloen » 16 Aug 2014 23:00

Reckon they were going for blue

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

Re: Green Hair??

by Libertine » 16 Aug 2014 23:04

Better than green teeth...

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 16 Aug 2014 23:42

It sounds a lot less dodgy than the TSI one. Sassybdoes seem nice. My skeptical side is wondering why SJM stepped in for the last question, what do you want to own reading for..m " kunying sassima wants...." She's sitting right there! Was he worried she was going to say "to build supermarket"?
Secondly she says she does not know anything about football but will learn everything about football, but she told Dellor earlier her late husband could understand her football fanaticism.

I don't want to sound too negative though so ill put this down to nuances of translation. She came across as genuine and serious. And with 4 or 5 consortium members if one disappears we'll still have the rest!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Aug 2014 07:01

SPARTA
winchester_royal Depends what you see as the 'SJM model'. Personally I think he wants the club to be self sufficient, be a community club, and have a prosperous academy. That's what I think we all want tbh. Hopefully this 'partnership' will mean we don't have to sell our best players every year to cover losses, if so then we'll do very nicely over the next 10 years because the potential is there for all to see.

Whilst that sounds good, it's very unlikely it will see us stay in the Premier League unless significant investment is provided as well - which we've never had under is leadership. Hopefully the Thai's will back the manager in that respect. I guess we'll have a better idea in the next 18 months or so.

Doesn't FFP rule out a bunch of foreigners buying a club and just pumping cash into players ? Certainly at Championship level.

THE HUMAN BISCUIT

by THE HUMAN BISCUIT » 17 Aug 2014 09:01

x100

8685 posts