Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
THE HUMAN BISCUIT

Re: Green Hair??

by THE HUMAN BISCUIT » 17 Aug 2014 09:12

percy_freeman Is that really appropriate for a 76 year old?

Come on. Green hair has to be better than grey hair. Talking of which... you have to admire Surgeon's barnet as well. It's obviously all his own work - no transplants involved.

Personally, I am rather proud that we are now owned and run by two of the best-haired 70 year olds on the planet! Go hair!

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by PistolPete » 17 Aug 2014 09:40

Z175 It sounds a lot less dodgy than the TSI one. Sassybdoes seem nice. My skeptical side is wondering why SJM stepped in for the last question, what do you want to own reading for..m " kunying sassima wants...." She's sitting right there! Was he worried she was going to say "to build supermarket"?
Secondly she says she does not know anything about football but will learn everything about football, but she told Dellor earlier her late husband could understand her football fanaticism.

I don't want to sound too negative though so ill put this down to nuances of translation. She came across as genuine and serious. And with 4 or 5 consortium members if one disappears we'll still have the rest!

I would have been furious if somebody tried to answer that question for me!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Aug 2014 09:51

Z175 Secondly she says she does not know anything about football but will learn everything about football, but she told Dellor earlier her late husband could understand her football fanaticism.

I think plenty of people are fanatic about football but don't actually know anything about it. As this forum so often demonstrates..

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Aug 2014 10:26

:lol:

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 17 Aug 2014 11:17

The interview didnt inspire me with confidence.
Who exactly is running the club?
who are the other investors and what do they want?
How much of the Club does JM own or will he own?
If its the rumored 10% then why is he seemingly trying to pull the strings?
Why didnt Sassima tell him to "Shut up and let me talk you old Scrote"?
where's Samrit in all this?

Too many questions to be convinced as yet.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Aug 2014 11:54

SPARTA
winchester_royal Depends what you see as the 'SJM model'. Personally I think he wants the club to be self sufficient, be a community club, and have a prosperous academy. That's what I think we all want tbh. Hopefully this 'partnership' will mean we don't have to sell our best players every year to cover losses, if so then we'll do very nicely over the next 10 years because the potential is there for all to see.

Whilst that sounds good, it's very unlikely it will see us stay in the Premier League unless significant investment is provided as well - which we've never had under is leadership. Hopefully the Thai's will back the manager in that respect. I guess we'll have a better idea in the next 18 months or so.

That is absolute "I've only been around since 2007" nonsense.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Aug 2014 12:28

loyalroyaldaz The interview didnt inspire me with confidence.

I only heard the mad man and briefly from the lady before the match when I thought she said that she has always been excited by football.

The depressing part was listening to the ex(?)owner-he really is yesterday's man.
Firstly he said that we had made a fantastic start to the season-a draw at Wigan and a struggle to beat Div 2 Newport at home with our first team put out-fantastic?

Then he went on about there not being a lot of money to be spent and things will continue to be done "The Reading Way"-I f*****g hope not John:-
Get to the Prem after all those years and f*** it up.
Get there again (having learnt nothing) and f*** it up (again)
Somehow squander £35 million(?) of Prem money plus 2 lots of £12 million in parachute payments by completely mismanaging the finances of the club including (apparently) giving big money contracts to moderate players and giving improved 3-year contracts to the dross such as Robson-Kanu.
F***up the finances so badly in such a short time that the club has to sell it's top goalscorer to a rival just so that a tax bill can be paid.

No John, it's time to move on from the "Reading Way" and for you to step away from the club-your time has for most of it been very good, even better than that sometimes, but since you went looking for buyers it has all gone to pot and thankfully we will soon have new owners.
They may also f*** it up but can't do any worse than has happened of late with the finances and the embarrassment of being one of those clubs that have to sell a player to meet an immediate financial need, a bill that would have been known about for some time and should have been budgeted for.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Aug 2014 12:50

And again, everything that comes out of your mouth full of contempt for what the club is doing, has been doing and continues to do, totally ignoring everything excellent that has been and continues to be achieved.

You really are a piece of work.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Aug 2014 12:52

S'alright Rother. People like Vic won't get their way.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Aug 2014 12:52

Victor Meldrew
loyalroyaldaz The interview didnt inspire me with confidence.

I only heard the mad man and briefly from the lady before the match when I thought she said that she has always been excited by football.

The depressing part was listening to the ex(?)owner-he really is yesterday's man.
Firstly he said that we had made a fantastic start to the season-a draw at Wigan and a struggle to beat Div 2 Newport at home with our first team put out-fantastic?

Then he went on about there not being a lot of money to be spent and things will continue to be done "The Reading Way"-I f*****g hope not John:-
Get to the Prem after all those years and f*** it up.
Get there again (having learnt nothing) and f*** it up (again)
Somehow squander £35 million(?) of Prem money plus 2 lots of £12 million in parachute payments by completely mismanaging the finances of the club including (apparently) giving big money contracts to moderate players and giving improved 3-year contracts to the dross such as Robson-Kanu.
F***up the finances so badly in such a short time that the club has to sell it's top goalscorer to a rival just so that a tax bill can be paid.

No John, it's time to move on from the "Reading Way" and for you to step away from the club-your time has for most of it been very good, even better than that sometimes, but since you went looking for buyers it has all gone to pot and thankfully we will soon have new owners.
They may also f*** it up but can't do any worse than has happened of late with the finances and the embarrassment of being one of those clubs that have to sell a player to meet an immediate financial need, a bill that would have been known about for some time and should have been budgeted for.

Please stick to supporting Liverpool.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Aug 2014 13:01

Reasons to be Cheerful: Additional.

Three Games In -
1) Ryan Edwards has made his debut.
2) Shaun Cummings has scored his first goal.
3) Simon Cox has made his second debut.
4) Craig Tanner has made his debut.
5) Craig Tanner has scored on his debut.
6) Jake Taylor has scored his first Reading goal.
7) Jake Cooper has made his debut.
8] Jack Stacey has made his debut.
9) We're unbeaten.
10) We've kept a clean sheet.
11) We've scored 6 goals.
12) We've got 4 points from two hard games.
13) We're a week closer to the match fitness of Ferdinand, Kelly, Guthrie, Karacan, Williams, Mackie, Robson-Kanu and McCleary.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Aug 2014 13:33

Royal Rother And again, everything that comes out of your mouth full of contempt for what the club is doing, has been doing and continues to do, totally ignoring everything excellent that has been and continues to be achieved.

It's alright for you mate you aren't a Reading fan watching us implode.
Such wonderful opportunities just tossed away like confetti.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Aug 2014 13:35

Ian Royal S'alright Rother. People like Vic won't get their way.

So no comment on how the club has been (mis)managed?
What on earth do you mean by not getting my way?

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 17 Aug 2014 13:38

What he means is that some of us will remain positive despite your constant stream of negativity. You have become even more depressing than Royal Blue and are just a parody of a so called supporter.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Aug 2014 13:38

Victor Meldrew
Royal Rother And again, everything that comes out of your mouth full of contempt for what the club is doing, has been doing and continues to do, totally ignoring everything excellent that has been and continues to be achieved.

It's alright for you mate you aren't a Reading fan watching us implode.
Such wonderful opportunities just tossed away like confetti.

Aren't Reading just your second team though Vic?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Aug 2014 13:41

Yellowcoat What he means is that some of us will remain positive despite your constant stream of negativity. You have become even more depressing than Royal Blue and are just a parody of a so called supporter.

If only he was as stubbornly defensive of Reading despite their past mistakes as he is of Liverpool and theirs.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 17 Aug 2014 13:44

In real life he thinks of himself as a great businessman but I suspect he comes across as a bigot and a bully to both his family and employees. Time he took a step back and took a long hard look at himself.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 17 Aug 2014 14:16

So let me get this right, last week he was saying the new owners have very deep pockets, now he is saying there is still no money available? god help us

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Aug 2014 14:25

Yellowcoat In real life he thinks of himself as a great businessman but I suspect he comes across as a bigot and a bully to both his family and employees. Time he took a step back and took a long hard look at himself.

That's a bit hard on our chairman.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Aug 2014 14:25

Yellowcoat What he means is that some of us will remain positive despite your constant stream of negativity. You have become even more depressing than Royal Blue and are just a parody of a so called supporter.

What you mean is that some continue to be blinded by Madejski's self-publicity.

As for my ability to depress - it is perfectly possible to be highly supportive of the club without having to kiss the *rse of someone who has now proven that he is not quite the brilliant, infallible businessman that some still hold him out to be.

So I am quite positive about Adkins and the team he is assembling, particularly given all of the difficulties that he has had to face due to the manner in which a certain individual managed the sale of the club.

8684 posts