Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Aug 2014 14:30

Yellowcoat What he means is that some of us will remain positive despite your constant stream of negativity. You have become even more depressing than Royal Blue and are just a parody of a so called supporter.

What's with "remain positive"?
You obviously are young and come from the school of "I must always look on the bright side" just in case you get a teensy-weesy bit upset and mummy and daddy have to buy you some sweets or give you a new comfort blanket ahead of counselling..
No comment at all about what these people have done to our club?.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Aug 2014 14:32

Ian Royal Reasons to be Cheerful: Additional.

Three Games In -
1) Ryan Edwards has made his debut.
2) Shaun Cummings has scored his first goal.
3) Simon Cox has made his second debut.
4) Craig Tanner has made his debut.
5) Craig Tanner has scored on his debut.
6) Jake Taylor has scored his first Reading goal.
7) Jake Cooper has made his debut.
8] Jack Stacey has made his debut.
9) We're unbeaten.
10) We've kept a clean sheet.
11) We've scored 6 goals.
12) We've got 4 points from two hard games.
13) We're a week closer to the match fitness of Ferdinand, Kelly, Guthrie, Karacan, Williams, Mackie, Robson-Kanu and McCleary.

Spot on Ian but this has nothing to do with what the mad man said yesterday or how our club has been mis-managed over these past years.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Aug 2014 14:34

sandman
Yellowcoat What he means is that some of us will remain positive despite your constant stream of negativity. You have become even more depressing than Royal Blue and are just a parody of a so called supporter.

If only he was as stubbornly defensive of Reading despite their past mistakes as he is of Liverpool and theirs.

So Sandy after much thought that is all that you can come up with?
Absolutely nothing to do with the topic.
Pointless individual.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Aug 2014 14:36

RoyalBlue

What you mean is that some continue to be blinded by Madejski's self-publicity.

As for my ability to depress - it is perfectly possible to be highly supportive of the club without having to kiss the *rse of someone who has now proven that he is not quite the brilliant, infallible businessman that some still hold him out to be.

So I am quite positive about Adkins and the team he is assembling, particularly given all of the difficulties that he has had to face due to the manner in which a certain individual managed the sale of the club.

I don't know about this yellowcoat or that sandman person but the most vociferous are Rother and Ian who don't even follow our club.
Amazing-all the answers when they know f*** all.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 17 Aug 2014 14:42

Victor Meldrew
sandman

If only he was as stubbornly defensive of Reading despite their past mistakes as he is of Liverpool and theirs.

So Sandy after much thought that is all that you can come up with?
Absolutely nothing to do with the topic.
Pointless individual.

Nice signature.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Aug 2014 15:06

Victor Meldrew
Ian Royal S'alright Rother. People like Vic won't get their way.

So no comment on how the club has been (mis)managed?
What on earth do you mean by not getting my way?

Er, yeah. Because it hasn't been mismanaged by anyone still here.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Aug 2014 15:07

Victor Meldrew
Ian Royal Reasons to be Cheerful: Additional.

Three Games In -
1) Ryan Edwards has made his debut.
2) Shaun Cummings has scored his first goal.
3) Simon Cox has made his second debut.
4) Craig Tanner has made his debut.
5) Craig Tanner has scored on his debut.
6) Jake Taylor has scored his first Reading goal.
7) Jake Cooper has made his debut.
8] Jack Stacey has made his debut.
9) We're unbeaten.
10) We've kept a clean sheet.
11) We've scored 6 goals.
12) We've got 4 points from two hard games.
13) We're a week closer to the match fitness of Ferdinand, Kelly, Guthrie, Karacan, Williams, Mackie, Robson-Kanu and McCleary.

Spot on Ian but this has nothing to do with what the mad man said yesterday or how our club has been mis-managed over these past years.

Not everything is about you and what you post, you egotistical senile old git.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 17 Aug 2014 15:16

Good!! Getting some responses now, Victor. Well done!

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 17 Aug 2014 15:22

Oh yes, wasn't Billy Sharp one of your more recent obsessions? Scored for Leeds yesterday (the b*stard), whereas the one you think we should have kept (Alf) hasn't yet scored for Cardiff.
One this evidence, we should look forward to a long and fruitful career for Anton Ferdinand at Reading.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Aug 2014 15:32

Hampshire Royal Oh yes, wasn't Billy Sharp one of your more recent obsessions? Scored for Leeds yesterday (the b*stard), whereas the one you think we should have kept (Alf) hasn't yet scored for Cardiff.
One this evidence, we should look forward to a long and fruitful career for Anton Ferdinand at Reading.

One tap-in by Billy-yes, a fantastic signing on that evidence.
How come none of you people are prepared to discuss what has happened over these past years from well-run club to desperate selling club?
Heads in the sand folk most of you.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Aug 2014 15:37

Ian Royal
Victor Meldrew
Ian Royal S'alright Rother. People like Vic won't get their way.

So no comment on how the club has been (mis)managed?
What on earth do you mean by not getting my way?

Er, yeah. Because it hasn't been mismanaged by anyone still here.

Sorry Ian you can't just blame everything on the Russian.
Very convenient yes but who has been our chairman, who has been our finance director-these are equally responsible if you can try to understand how a company works.

BTW "senile old git" eh?-it's very easy to be rude and offensive from afar.
Perhaps we should meet up (non-paedo) at the ground one day if you can find it that is.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 17 Aug 2014 16:03

Yellowcoat In real life he thinks of himself as a great businessman but I suspect he comes across as a bigot and a bully to both his family and employees. Time he took a step back and took a long hard look at himself.

You suspect wrong, very wrong. As I have said many times I met him in a commercial and social capacity and he has always been a gentleman.Please reset your compass by someone who knows.

Whilst hindsight is a wonderful thing, running a football club is not easy and it's player wages which is destroying the modern game not poor chairman. FFP is an attempt to rectify this but it is being ignored and circumvented by the ultra's that the income v wages % is not getting better. As soon as more money enters the sport, agents are straight onto the owners for an increase or we'll be forced to look elsewhere...

Fans want bigger profile players then moan when the club can't afford them and really moan when they get into financial trouble trying.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 17 Aug 2014 16:25

Multi how many years ago was that?
Must have been before his drunken attempt to grope Paloma faith on stage at a Social Charity Event and got manhandled off the stage by security?

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 17 Aug 2014 16:56

Victor Meldrew
Hampshire Royal Oh yes, wasn't Billy Sharp one of your more recent obsessions? Scored for Leeds yesterday (the b*stard), whereas the one you think we should have kept (Alf) hasn't yet scored for Cardiff.

How come none of you people are prepared to discuss what has happened over these past years from well-run club to desperate selling club?

Tap-in it might have been, and, yes, he has only scored one goal but that's still one more than Alf's scored this season.

How many years do you want to go back, Victor? I think I know the answer, you want to go back 20 years to the FSB days. In your mind, this club has never been as good since he left the manager's job. You never liked Pardew, who got us a very important promotion from the third tier, and the next season got us into the playoffs, before he buggered off (a la FSB). You never really like Coppell (I seem to remember you saying stuff like as he was a winger, he only really wanted to play down the wings, or play route 1). That is clearly nonsense, as he and Brian McDermott whose style of play you also did not like are the only managers to have taken the club into the top division. One of them led the team to the record points total for the second tier.

My view is that you spend too much time watching teams like Liverpool, Arsenal and Barcelona on TV and think we should be like them. We're not - we're Reading. We will never be like Liverpool or Arsenal. If we get into the Top division again, we will be lucky to have a good few years there before getting relegated again. And as for wanting to play like Barcelona - just how boring would the tippy-tappy football be if we watched it all the time? I know probably more foreigners than you do, Victor and they all like the speed and strength of English football (apart from an Italian friend of mine, who thinks that they play the game in the way that it should be played).

As you alluded to in an earlier post, I do not get to as many games as I would like to. This is for very good reasons, which I think you also know. Reading FC is still in my heart and I love it when they have any sort of success as they did yesterday. If you honestly think that a squad that contained 12 Academy graduates grinding out a win against a very capable Championship side, managed by a very experienced and capable manager is not a success, then I really don't know what you think would be. I am also very optimistic about the future of this club, and I always look on "the bright side of life" as far as the club is ionvolved. Believe me, I am not a young child and do not need counselling when thins go wrong. I believe that all I've got is a realistic view of the way the club has been and, I hop will continue to be, managed.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 17 Aug 2014 17:08

loyalroyaldaz Multi how many years ago was that?
Must have been before his drunken attempt to grope Paloma faith on stage at a Social Charity Event and got manhandled off the stage by security?

“I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted”

George Best

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Aug 2014 17:12

I'll be happy to hang around the championship and see the youngsters come through the academy. I'm not too bothered about promotion, the premier league corrupts the team and is shit for fans.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Aug 2014 17:22

Hampshire Royal
Victor Meldrew

Tap-in it might have been, and, yes, he has only scored one goal but that's still one more than Alf's scored this season.

How many years do you want to go back, Victor? I think I know the answer, you want to go back 20 years to the FSB days. In your mind, this club has never been as good since he left the manager's job. You never liked Pardew, who got us a very important promotion from the third tier, and the next season got us into the playoffs, before he buggered off (a la FSB). You never really like Coppell (I seem to remember you saying stuff like as he was a winger, he only really wanted to play down the wings, or play route 1). That is clearly nonsense, as he and Brian McDermott whose style of play you also did not like are the only managers to have taken the club into the top division. One of them led the team to the record points total for the second tier.

My view is that you spend too much time watching teams like Liverpool, Arsenal and Barcelona on TV and think we should be like them. We're not - we're Reading. We will never be like Liverpool or Arsenal. If we get into the Top division again, we will be lucky to have a good few years there before getting relegated again. And as for wanting to play like Barcelona - just how boring would the tippy-tappy football be if we watched it all the time? I know probably more foreigners than you do, Victor and they all like the speed and strength of English football (apart from an Italian friend of mine, who thinks that they play the game in the way that it should be played).

As you alluded to in an earlier post, I do not get to as many games as I would like to. This is for very good reasons, which I think you also know. Reading FC is still in my heart and I love it when they have any sort of success as they did yesterday. If you honestly think that a squad that contained 12 Academy graduates grinding out a win against a very capable Championship side, managed by a very experienced and capable manager is not a success, then I really don't know what you think would be. I am also very optimistic about the future of this club, and I always look on "the bright side of life" as far as the club is ionvolved. Believe me, I am not a young child and do not need counselling when thins go wrong. I believe that all I've got is a realistic view of the way the club has been and, I hop will continue to be, managed.

No, never said anything like that about Coppell.
What the f*** has any of this to do with our club (which both of us care so much about and I have spent a fortune following over so many years) and how it has been mis-managed over these past few years?
The counselling was addressed elsewhere-you probably are now in more need of nursing care.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Aug 2014 17:26

Dave-Royal Sassy she a lovely women and she will have a lovely Furture here at reading Fc I hope we go back to premiership that we're we belong and to stay I hope and young talent we have is awesome

Think you've hit the head on the nail there Dave

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Aug 2014 17:30

multisync1830
Yellowcoat In real life he thinks of himself as a great businessman but I suspect he comes across as a bigot and a bully to both his family and employees. Time he took a step back and took a long hard look at himself.

You suspect wrong, very wrong. As I have said many times I met him in a commercial and social capacity and he has always been a gentleman.Please reset your compass by someone who knows.

Whilst hindsight is a wonderful thing, running a football club is not easy and it's player wages which is destroying the modern game not poor chairman. FFP is an attempt to rectify this but it is being ignored and circumvented by the ultra's that the income v wages % is not getting better. As soon as more money enters the sport, agents are straight onto the owners for an increase or we'll be forced to look elsewhere...

Fans want bigger profile players then moan when the club can't afford them and really moan when they get into financial trouble trying.

He was talking about Victor not SJM I believe.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Aug 2014 17:34

Victor Meldrew
RoyalBlue

What you mean is that some continue to be blinded by Madejski's self-publicity.

As for my ability to depress - it is perfectly possible to be highly supportive of the club without having to kiss the *rse of someone who has now proven that he is not quite the brilliant, infallible businessman that some still hold him out to be.

So I am quite positive about Adkins and the team he is assembling, particularly given all of the difficulties that he has had to face due to the manner in which a certain individual managed the sale of the club.

I don't know about this yellowcoat or that sandman person but the most vociferous are Rother and Ian who don't even follow our club.
Amazing-all the answers when they know f*** all.

Well Victor, speaking for myself, I do follow Reading - very closely in fact. From my armchair.

How many Liverpool games do you get to these days?

8684 posts