Injury watch 2021/22

948 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Injury watch 2021/22

by Zip » 11 Mar 2022 15:08

Hound Training pics show Tetek back in training at least. Not hugely relevant I doubt but useful cover

Would be a useful fullback option. I quite like him but as with so many others he needs to stay fit.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Mar 2022 16:08

Zip
Hound Training pics show Tetek back in training at least. Not hugely relevant I doubt but useful cover

Would be a useful fullback option. I quite like him but as with so many others he needs to stay fit.

I'd play him over Drinkwater and maybe even Laurent at this point.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 11 Mar 2022 16:40

I would also be in favour of giving Tetek a chance in front of either Laurent or Drinkwater personally. Maybe this isn't the time to do so at this stage in the season, but I think he can be given more minutes, he's got a hell of a lot of potential and someone who, alongside Rino next season, could be crucial for us. I'd love to see him and Rino be the heart of our midfield next season.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Mar 2022 17:13

Snowflake Royal
Zip

I'd play him over Drinkwater and maybe even Laurent at this point.

Indeed, play him in his usual position rather than a makeshift fullback. Fully agreed.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Mar 2022 18:04

Halilovic posting on social media that he is healthy and ready to play.
So presumably not considered to be worth a place in the squad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2022 18:31

Not really sure he is the answer. Can’t see him breaking the first 11 at the moment. Not a bad player but I’d have ejaria, Hoilett, ince and maybe barker ahead of him

We have a big and fit squad now. Only player out of position is LB, and he should be able to do a job there (and baba back next week possibly)

There is no excuse now about bare bones or any of that crap.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 13 Mar 2022 19:08

Hound Not really sure he is the answer. Can’t see him breaking the first 11 at the moment. Not a bad player but I’d have ejaria, Hoilett, ince and maybe barker ahead of him

We have a big and fit squad now. Only player out of position is LB, and he should be able to do a job there (and baba back next week possibly)

I thought Ince recently said Baba was out 2-3 weeks...has there been a further update?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2022 21:10

Nope just two weeks could mean the game following Bournemouth and Blackburn - that’d be 2 weeks from his interview

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2022 22:00

Hound Not really sure he is the answer. Can’t see him breaking the first 11 at the moment. Not a bad player but I’d have ejaria, Hoilett, ince and maybe barker ahead of him

You say that, but Halilovic has a goal and one assist more from less time on the pitch than Tom Ince. Saying you'd have Barker ahead of him after 1 run and 13 minutes on the pitch is rather silly.

It highlights how bad our recruitment is though doesn't it. Ejaria, Meite, Hoilett, Ince, Halilovic, Barker, Azeez, Camara. Eight players for mostly two positions. Meanwhile every centre back we have is slower than paint drying.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2022 08:49

Snowflake Royal

You say that, but Halilovic has a goal and one assist more from less time on the pitch than Tom Ince. Saying you'd have Barker ahead of him after 1 run and 13 minutes on the pitch is rather silly.

It highlights how bad our recruitment is though doesn't it. Ejaria, Meite, Hoilett, Ince, Halilovic, Barker, Azeez, Camara. Eight players for mostly two positions. Meanwhile every centre back we have is slower than paint drying.

Not saying barker is a better player (haven’t even seen him) but he’s fit, played some minutes recently unlike AH, who has been out for about 2 months. Hence why I’d prob play him ahead of him on the bench at the moment

But yes the constant recruitment of wideish midfielders is ridiculous. TDB is in that mix as well. And none of them have really hit any sort of form this seaosn either

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Mar 2022 09:17

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Not saying barker is a better player (haven’t even seen him) but he’s fit, played some minutes recently unlike AH, who has been out for about 2 months. Hence why I’d prob play him ahead of him on the bench at the moment

But yes the constant recruitment of wideish midfielders is ridiculous. TDB is in that mix as well. And none of them have really hit any sort of form this seaosn either

I wouldn't be against giving Barker a chance and I'd certainly want to bring Halilovic back into the squad over Camara and Clarke on the bench. I'd want seasoned professionals in this situation rather than hoping for a youngster to do something for us in high pressure situations.

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 14 Mar 2022 09:19

Does anybody know where Swift was?

donh99

by donh99 » 14 Mar 2022 09:52

mumbo-jumbo Does anybody know where Swift was?

Covid.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2022 10:26

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Fair

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2022 10:27

YorkshireRoyal99
Hound
Snowflake Royal You say that, but Halilovic has a goal and one assist more from less time on the pitch than Tom Ince. Saying you'd have Barker ahead of him after 1 run and 13 minutes on the pitch is rather silly.

I wouldn't be against giving Barker a chance and I'd certainly want to bring Halilovic back into the squad over Camara and Clarke on the bench. I'd want seasoned professionals in this situation rather than hoping for a youngster to do something for us in high pressure situations.

Camara has looked better than any of them imo.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Mar 2022 10:41

Halilovic is a good option to bring the ball forwards on counter attacks, seem to recall him having good games at Fulham and Swansea who left a fair amount of space on the counter and can see Bournemouth adopting a somewhat similar style

Likewise Ejaria seems to play better in games like this so would be tempted to start both tomorrow night, fitness permitting before bringing the likes of Meite and Hoilett on

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Mar 2022 10:54

The one thing Barker has is pace. It’s desperately lacking in the squad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2022 17:36

Zip The one thing Barker has is pace. It’s desperately lacking in the squad.

Yeah, Barker, Meite, Ince, Yiadom, Laurent... Camara and Azeez?

It's not a lot is it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Mar 2022 20:53

Any upd8 on Rino and Meite?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 19 Mar 2022 21:33

Pepe the Horseman Any upd8 on Rino and Meite?

Ince " I'm not sure the situation with Rinomhota's knee, hopefully, it's not as bad as we think"

948 posts