New signings

1201 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New signings

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Sep 2009 22:28

Royal Rother

In what way?

On the day he was appointed he said ""Promotion will be talked about but my ambition is much more than that. This club has been managed exceptionally well over the last 20 years. It is run on very sound business principles and the aim is to be a sustainable club in the top flight." No timesacle mentioned - perfectly reasonable statement, and we wouldn't want anything less from a new manager.

Before the Forest game he was asked where he thought fans should pitch their ambitions this season and he answered that his own expectation was to be around the play-offs.

In the interview today he said "I am not frightened to say that we want to be in and around the top 6."

There are no contradictions there, however hard you might look.

If I want to be a miserable arse and make things up for the hell of it and try and cheer myself up then I will! So there! I am in such a foul mood about the removal of Harps.

Seriously, if you want to believe the hype that comes out of Gestapo HQ then fair play to you. I choose to trust my own eyes.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 01 Sep 2009 22:29

5 and half hours, still nothing official has been confirmed. Those so-called transfers are not even in the list of transfers on the BBC website. I'm starting to believe that it's all made up bullshit.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Sep 2009 22:29

firstdivision
andrew1957 Why on earth would we release Harper who Wolves were bidding £2M for for free and yet still pay Sheffield Unt £500K for Howard. This is bizarre.

The same may apply to Rosenior unless it is a straight swap for Wright.

On talk sport tonight, they said the Rosenoir move broke down at the last minute, with reference being made to a family bereavement.

If this is already in another thread, then apologies but cba to trawl through, so whoosh away saddo's :)

I saw what you did there! Otherwise you would have been crucified :wink:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 01 Sep 2009 22:31

andrew1957 Why on earth would we release Harper who Wolves were bidding £2M for for free and yet still pay Sheffield Unt £500K for Howard. This is bizarre.

Harper earns a big wage here. Getting him off the wage bill means we save about half that £2m we could have made on him. So in theory, a million saved and a player that isn't in Rodgers plans is gone. Same with Rosenior.

Roy Alsup

by Roy Alsup » 01 Sep 2009 22:36

Internet rumours, maybe, but Sheff peeps seem to reckon Blackwell has been quoted as saying they have taken on Harpers contract

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2124723636

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 01 Sep 2009 22:41

Deathy

Harper earns a big wage here. Getting him off the wage bill means we save about half that £2m we could have made on him. So in theory, a million saved and a player that isn't in Rodgers plans is gone. Same with Rosenior.

people are not taking into account the Harper sell on clause. I bet with that wages and the rumoured percentage clause we are saving/making a similar sort of amount

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2009 22:41

Deathy

But surely we could have loaned them both until 1st January and if they did well on loan they would still have commanded a fee as they are under contract. I would have thought that would have been worth the risk.

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 01 Sep 2009 22:42

firstdivision On talk sport tonight, they said the Rosenoir move broke down at the last minute, with reference being made to a family bereavement.

If this is already in another thread, then apologies but cba to trawl through, so whoosh away saddo's :)

Assuming firstdivision is correct and someone involved in the Ipswich - Reading deal has had a family bereavement this would explain the lack of clarity surrounding both that and potentially the Sheff Utd - Reading deal.

Guessing maybe there is extra time from the League to finalise but we may not hear (understandaibly) for some time yet.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 01 Sep 2009 22:44

This is all about clearing the wage bill as everything with Madejski it is about money, and in doing so ripping the heart out of SSC's team, but this must have beeen the remit tht BR was given, clear out the high earners, which he has done, and he has bought in cheaper options, safe is the way I see it we, probably, wont trouble the top six but likewise we should be well safe from the other end, echo's what Madejski said at the end of Prem relegation season that "we are happy in the championship for the time being" but also I am fan of BR and his style of play and he might just possibly surprise a lot of people. However if things don't go right then he must not be the person to take the blame, this has Mr ego stamped all over it, and clearly shows his level of ambition and determination for a Premiership return, I just hope he doesn't come out with that bollox tomorow.

blade 1

by blade 1 » 01 Sep 2009 22:45

Why on earth would we release Harper who Wolves were bidding £2M for for free and yet still pay Sheffield Unt £500K for Howard. This is bizarre.

TBF. didn't you release lita shortly after we bit over a million for him?

What sort of a player is harper anyway. I've always rated him based on his performances against us. Seemed to put effort in and be very tidy on the ball, scored against us a few times. Pretty pleased to be honest, should fit in well with a player like monty to get tackles in and some pacy wingers to give the ball to.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 01 Sep 2009 22:46

floyd__streete LOL @ Mystery Right back. Have we signed The Lady of the Lake on loan from Camelot City? Or perhaps The Loch Ness monster from Inverness Caledonian Thistle? I suppose he couldn't write I haven't got a f*cking clue what is going on, Hammond's phone is going through to voicemail and I have a back page to fill tomorrow :lol: .

:lol:

Ahh the circus that is RFC, its as if Mike Lewis has returned to oversee the flurry of transfer activity from a portakabin on the M4

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 01 Sep 2009 22:49

juanpablo
Deathy

people are not taking into account the Harper sell on clause. I bet with that wages and the rumoured percentage clause we are saving/making a similar sort of amount

Indeed. 40% I believe

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 01 Sep 2009 22:50

blade 1
Why on earth would we release Harper who Wolves were bidding £2M for for free and yet still pay Sheffield Unt £500K for Howard. This is bizarre.

TBF. didn't you release lita shortly after we bit over a million for him?

What sort of a player is harper anyway. I've always rated him based on his performances against us. Seemed to put effort in and be very tidy on the ball, scored against us a few times. Pretty pleased to be honest, should fit in well with a player like monty to get tackles in and some pacy wingers to give the ball to.

box to box lots of energy

weak in the tackle
lots of sideways passes
doesant get in the box as much as he used to

move might perk him up, but he plays a bit like a crab at the moment. I suspect both him and Howard will both improve from what they are both offering now

blade 1

by blade 1 » 01 Sep 2009 22:52

Howard will benefit from a change of scenery too i think.

Hasn't worked out for him here but he has talent

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 01 Sep 2009 22:54

blade 1 Howard will benefit from a change of scenery too i think.

Hasn't worked out for him here but he has talent

Good move for both clubs and players imo

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 01 Sep 2009 22:57

Harper to Sheff Utd

Howard in for 500k

Rosenoir on loan to Ipswich

Who's the right back coming in?

holsgrove breaks a leg