Re: Buyout

by LoyalRoyal22 » 09 Dec 2013 14:57

genome :lol:

So naive. You keep your head burried in the sand if it makes it easier for you

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Dec 2013 16:18

Holy shit! Anton's not been here in a couple of months! Possibly to do with the birth of his first child!

Sell his stake!
Sell our players!
Sack the board!
Demolish the stadium!

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 09 Dec 2013 16:35

genome Holy shit! Anton's not been here in a couple of months! Possibly to do with the birth of his first child!

Sell his stake!
Sell our players!
Sack the board!
Demolish the stadium!

You'd think if it was just baby related, he might have a spare couple of seconds to make a brief statement, via phone/email, or his Bebo account.

Hello? Oh, hi Vlad, yeah it's convenient. Yeah, just say I'm busy with the baby but everything is cool. How are you anyway? Good, good. You know when your Viktor was a baby? Yeah, well did it make a sort of EEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRGGGHHHHTTTT sound now and again? It did? Cool. Well, better go. Bye.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Dec 2013 16:36

genome Holy shit! Anton's not been here in a couple of months! Possibly to do with the birth of his first child!

Sell his stake!
Sell our players!
Sack the board!
Demolish the stadium!

#liquid8

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Dec 2013 17:03

Extended-Phenotype

Sell his stake!
Sell our players!
Sack the board!
Demolish the stadium!

You'd think if it was just baby related, he might have a spare couple of seconds to make a brief statement, via phone/email, or his Bebo account.

Hello? Oh, hi Vlad, yeah it's convenient. Yeah, just say I'm busy with the baby but everything is cool. How are you anyway? Good, good. You know when your Viktor was a baby? Yeah, well did it make a sort of EEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRGGGHHHHTTTT sound now and again? It did? Cool. Well, better go. Bye.
if and ill accept for the moment its a big if, there is nothing wrong. Why would he say anything and what would he say that hasn't already been said?

We've been told theres no call for concern and yet we continue to have people complain about there being no statement.

No matter how many times people say there hasn't been a statement, it doesn't make it true. Anton could give a statement tomorrow and in 7 days it'd jusy be repeated that we're being told nothing and there's obviously something wrong. If you can't win why try. And he may not even really realise there's something many people are unhappy about.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 09 Dec 2013 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Dec 2013 17:07

I just get bored with the histrionics on here, when we lose it's the end of the world and Adkins should be sacked, when we win it's still not good enough, and when Anton doesn't show up for a while and his buyout is delayed it means he's not going to buy the club and we immediately need to sell all our good players and start from scratch.

It's like a needy girlfriend who wants her boyfriend to text her all the time, and when he doesn't, this immediately means "HE'S CHEATING ON ME!"

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 09 Dec 2013 17:20

You don't find it odd at all that despite a deadline for completing a takeover passing there's been no communications from the owner at all? Yes we've had a statement from our minority shareholder but you'd have thought there would have been some communication on SOMETHING club related from AZ by now. This isn't a six week spell in February where nothing's happened of note, we've had transfer windows, loan windows, new training ground, missed takeover deadlines, an England U21 international at the stadium and countless other reasons and occasions where the owner might want to speak.

You're perfectly right in saying that there's no reason he HAS to speak or show his face but after more than 3 months since we've seen or heard from Anton, are you not the slightest bit concerned?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Dec 2013 17:22

I'm getting marginly more concerned. But I still see no genuine reason for the handwringing and panic stations that regularly go on here.

I don't see the benefit of borrowing trouble. If there's a problem it'll happen and we'll deal with it when it comes out. No point in trying to second guess what the problem is whether it exists. Nothing we can actually do about it until it materialises.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 09 Dec 2013 17:25

Ian Royal
Extended-Phenotype

Sell his stake!
Sell our players!
Sack the board!
Demolish the stadium!

if and ill accept for the moment its a big if, there is nothing wrong. Why would he say anything and what would he say that hasn't already been said?

We've been told theres no call for concern and yet we continue to have people complain about there being no statement.

No matter how many times people say there hasn't been a statement, it doesn't make it true. Anton could give a statement tomorrow and in 7 days it'd jusy be repeated that we're being told nothing and there's obviously something wrong. If you can't win why try. And he may not even really realise there's something many people are unhappy about.

:lol:

To be fair, we've had one vague muttering that "all parties are comfortable and relationships remain cordial" which was given over a month or so ago. It's hardly histrionic or needy to think something must be afoot if in the last couple of months we have yet to hear anything from anyone why Anton hasn't bought the remaining shares, why SJM is remaining on for another two years and where Anton has been.

You'd have thought just a simple message to the fans would have been forthcoming, IF things were perfectly fine. I'm not expanding that into Anton has been abducted by aliens and all our best players are about to be shot dead in a ditch. But the silence is kinda weird and sorry, it is a silence.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Dec 2013 17:30

Ian Royal We've been told theres no call for concern and yet we continue to have people complain about there being no statement.

That statement came from Madejski, the man who has the most to lose if the full takeover doesn't go through of course. So, fair enough. Fine.

What would be the harm with AZ himself giving a little telephone interview with those 'grand inquisitors' at the official site :?: Nice bit of an update as to how he is keeping abreast with progress of the club, perhaps even a nice bit of spin about Bearwood, reaffirmation of his dedication to the club :?: We've had nothing whatsoever of the sort, of course. We heard a lot of spin early on last season about how 'hands on' he likes to be at the club :!: If he's too busy to manage his major investment because he's up to his elbows in baby sh*t all the time then perhaps he might want to get his wife to do her share :?: And presumably Chris Samuelson has some sort of long-lasting laryngitis that he might wish to pass on to the manager himself and do us all a favour :!:

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 09 Dec 2013 17:41

Maybe you will start to believe when another transfer window finishes without us spending any money, and no statements from Anton. Surely the truth will come out sooner anyway. He has said nothing on his instagram for months either.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 Dec 2013 17:48

Maybe you will start to believe when another transfer window finishes without us spending any money

Record repeat for every transfer window over the last 8 years.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Dec 2013 17:56

LoyalRoyal22 Maybe you will start to believe when another transfer window finishes without us spending any money, and no statements from Anton. Surely the truth will come out sooner anyway. He has said nothing on his instagram for months either.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 09 Dec 2013 18:52

Part of me wants to believe that NA would have fcuked of by now if he thought the deal had gone tits up and he would have to sell his better players in Jan. The other part feels that maybe the players are inconsistent because some of them know they might be off in Jan.

All I know is Anton wanted to be hands on, and now we haven't seen or heard anything from him in Months. The deal hasn't gone through and all is quiet.

Fcuk knows what it is, but something isn't right.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 09 Dec 2013 21:14

People who give out all this baby bullshit clearly never had one.After two weeks you cant wait to get back to work.Probably got nannies and he goes nowhere near it.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 09 Dec 2013 21:24

ankeny Probably got nannies and he goes nowhere near it.

I've heard he's a great dad and struggles to tear himself away from its side.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 09 Dec 2013 21:49

Ian Royal I'm getting marginly more concerned. But I still see no genuine reason for the handwringing and panic stations that regularly go on here.

I don't see the benefit of borrowing trouble. If there's a problem it'll happen and we'll deal with it when it comes out. No point in trying to second guess what the problem is whether it exists. Nothing we can actually do about it until it materialises.

Hang on I would rather the club and all concerned dealt with things now, as they are. And not wait until things come out. Don't you think JM is dealing with it all using what he knows.
And it is more than has so far been announced. Who is this we that can't do anything until it comes out. Fans won't be able to do anything

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 09 Dec 2013 22:06

Harpers So Solid Crew
Ian Royal I'm getting marginly more concerned. But I still see no genuine reason for the handwringing and panic stations that regularly go on here.

Hang on I would rather the club and all concerned dealt with things now, as they are. And not wait until things come out. Don't you think JM is dealing with it all using what he knows.
And it is more than has so far been announced. Who is this we that can't do anything until it comes out. Fans won't be able to do anything

Do you know something? You seem to be a reasonable poster.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 09 Dec 2013 22:50

Has anyone else heard rumours about Vibrac now being the main funder, taking over from Barclays? They have a track record apparently of pre-funding football clubs, based on advancing their TV money. Assume this would work for parachute payments too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibrac_Corporation

yuomi

by yuomi » 09 Dec 2013 23:13

Yet another mockery of the FA's fit and proper person test. Bill Kenwright saw through this muggins when he trolled Everton as 'part of his MBA dissertation'. It seems that nothing changed in the intervening 8 years.

8685 posts