Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Pat Butchers Ring

Re: Buyout

by Pat Butchers Ring » 09 Dec 2013 23:18

A couple of questions I have (please fell free to respond)
-Why as fans and therefore stakeholders in the club, aren't we allowed an insight into what's happening? If it's something as simple as Anton having other business commitments why hasn't he been heard of since August?

What are STAR ( as our Fans representative group) doing to get a detailed response to the question about what is going on? The club have so far fobbed the fans off with a paragraph brushing the issue under the carpet.

This could be one of the most significant changes made to RFC in the last 20 years and our toothless fans are happy to get mugged off time and time again by the communication coming out of the club. Why can't we have answers.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 Dec 2013 23:30

Let's assume it's worst case scenario and Anton don't have no money. Why would the club announce this? They'll be working incredibly hard behind the scenes to find a solution that is best for the club, and therefore it's stakeholders, and throwing the entire fanbase into meltdown mode isn't going to help anyone.

Just chill out. There are guys in high places at the club who have the best interests of the club to heart and will be doing their utmost to secure it's future. As it is we currently have a good squad that is in the upper echelons of the league table, a fantastic youth set up, and management team with past success at this level. Support them, rather than worrying about things completely out of our control.

The club will say something when it has something worth announcing.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Dec 2013 07:12

Simon's Church
ankeny Probably got nannies and he goes nowhere near it.

I've heard he's a great dad and struggles to tear himself away from its side.

Until he gets bored with it after six months

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Dec 2013 07:31

Lacoste
Harpers So Solid Crew
Ian Royal I'm getting marginly more concerned. But I still see no genuine reason for the handwringing and panic stations that regularly go on here.

I don't see the benefit sof borrowing trouble. If there's a problem it'll happen and we'll deal with it when it comes out. No point in trying to second guess what the problem is whether it exists. Nothing we can actually do about it until it materialises.

Hang on I would rather the club and all concerned dealt with things now, as they are. And not wait until things come out. Don't you think JM is dealing with it all using what he knows.
And it is more than has so far been announced. Who is this we that can't do anything until it comes out. Fans won't be able to do anything

Do you know something? You seem to be a reasonable poster.

Nothing that I will put on here. Suffice to say it is difficult behind the scenes, and at the moment no one knows what the final outcome will be. I am not worried about the financial future of the club, just don't expect the riches from TSI

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Dec 2013 07:37

winchester_royal Let's assume it's worst case scenario and Anton don't have no money. Why would the club announce this? They'll be working incredibly hard behind the scenes to find a solution that is best for the club, and therefore it's stakeholders, and throwing the entire fanbase into meltdown mode isn't going to help anyone.

Just chill out. There are guys in high places at the club who have the best interests of the club to heart and will be doing their utmost to secure it's future. As it is we currently have a good squad that is in the upper echelons of the league table, a fantastic youth set up, and management team with past success at this level. Support them, rather than worrying about things completely out of our control.

Worst case scenario in my opinion would be if Anton had been able to buy the second tranche of the club.

I think some explanation is due. Perhaps Tim D could ask about the January's window if he interviews jm or adkins

under the tin

by under the tin » 10 Dec 2013 09:16

Lacoste Part of me wants to believe that NA would have fcuked of by now if he thought the deal had gone tits up and he would have to sell his better players in Jan. The other part feels that maybe the players are inconsistent because some of them know they might be off in Jan.

All I know is Anton wanted to be hands on, and now we haven't seen or heard anything from him in Months. The deal hasn't gone through and all is quiet.

Fcuk knows what it is, but something isn't right.

I mostly agree that something isn't right.
As for Adkins, well, he has a contract that pays him X thousand pounds a week to pick a team. Why walk away from that money? Like Jason, he's just an employee.
Seems to me that the only thing that would make the staff of any organisation tetchy would be if that organisation was to be struggling to pay them.
Some decades ago, a firm I was working for went bust. The boss kept his mouth shut, and the first thing I knew about the firm being in trouble was when my wage cheque bounced. 48 hours later, my company car was repo'd by the leasing company, and I was unemployed and unable to pay my mortgage or feed my kid.
Had I or any co worker had an inkling that this was going to happen, then we would have jumped ship before the brown stuff hit the fan. The boss was trying to trade his way out of trouble, that's why he kept schtum.

For my two penn'orth, I reckon that
IF Anton/TSI don't have the cash to complete the outright purchase, then they could well be unable to fund the bloated wageroll that they have created. People like Pog/Drenthe are a long way away from minimum wage.
IF Sir John is left holding the baby, then this is a bigger wageroll than the club itself can sustain, and Sir John couldn't/wouldn't bail it out at the previously lower levels.
Then, in order to maintain expected wage levels across the squad, then rotation of that squad, regardless of performance, is the only answer. You use the convoluted nature of playing contracts (basic + appearance bonus + bench bonus + etc etc) as a means of husbanding limited money.
It's all speculative, but I truly believe that the January window will give a much clearer picture of things RFC.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 10 Dec 2013 09:45

Harpers So Solid Crew
winchester_royal Let's assume it's worst case scenario and Anton don't have no money. Why would the club announce this? They'll be working incredibly hard behind the scenes to find a solution that is best for the club, and therefore it's stakeholders, and throwing the entire fanbase into meltdown mode isn't going to help anyone.

Worst case scenario in my opinion would be if Anton had been able to buy the second tranche of the club.

I think some explanation is due. Perhaps Tim D could ask about the January's window if he interviews jm or adkins

We'll get an explanation when it's all sorted. The worst thing the club could do now is tell the fans something is wrong, it would be of absolutely no help to anyone and may well harm any negotiations that are currently going on with interested parties.

The laughable thing here is that these supposed 'money troubles' are having absolutely no effect atm. We have a squad that has been put together on big wages, we're planning a new training ground, we've recent acquired Cat 1 status... It's not like it's a firesale going on at RFC right now, so I'm not really sure why people are getting their knickers in a twist.

If it gets to a point where we start undergoing a serious course of 'cloth-cutting' then an explanation will be due, but for now what do you expect the club to say? 'Oh well, AZ hasn't got enough money from daddy but Chrissy Samuelson is out lobbying billionaires to take his place?'. I mean come on, there is no football club or business that be telling the world about that kind of scenario.

Also, AZ still owns 51% of the club, so any announcement would have to be approved by him. Not going to happen.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 10 Dec 2013 10:29

Has anyone considered that all things may not be good with Baby and mother. I'm not suggesting that something is wrong (not ITK) but we haven't even seen any photographs of either since the birth. If something had happened, I would expect him to keep a low profile for a few months and this may explain the silence from him and the club.

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 10 Dec 2013 10:45

UpThePrem Has anyone considered that all things may not be good with Baby and mother. I'm not suggesting that something is wrong (not ITK) but we haven't even seen any photographs of either since the birth. If something had happened, I would expect him to keep a low profile for a few months and this may explain the silence from him and the club.

That has always been my thought/concern, as it's only been since the birth that we haven't seen or heard from him. I really hope not, I'd rather AV be having problems raising the extra cash.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 10 Dec 2013 11:17

winchester_royal
We'll get an explanation when it's all sorted. The worst thing the club could do now is tell the fans something is wrong, it would be of absolutely no help to anyone and may well harm any negotiations that are currently going on with interested parties.

Precisely - this is what I have been saying. The silence is proof something is wrong. If things were dandy, we'd have had some clarity of the situation by now.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 10 Dec 2013 13:40

Pat Butchers Ring What are STAR ( as our Fans representative group) doing to get a detailed response to the question about what is going on? The club have so far fobbed the fans off with a paragraph brushing the issue under the carpet.

STAR Board representatives met with Christopher Samuelson, Chairman of Thames Sports Investments Ltd. and Director of Reading Football Club Ltd. for the first time on 21st October. Discussions covered TSI’s objectives for the future of the Football Club. STAR described the role and workings of a Supporters’ Trust and was briefed on the background to TSI. It was pleased to be assured of TSI’s respect for the traditions of the Club in terms of names and colours and had its concerns over the delay in the takeover eased. Both STAR and TSI welcome the opportunity to work together to discuss more detailed issues of supporter and stakeholder representation at a further meeting planned for a few weeks’ time.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Dec 2013 13:51

Pat Butchers Ring What are STAR ( as our Fans representative group) doing to get a detailed response to the question about what is going on? The club have so far fobbed the fans off with a paragraph brushing the issue under the carpet.

Holding a 'whist drive' :?:

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 10 Dec 2013 16:56

If one of the Senior Coaches son commits to the club for the next 2 years you would think he would have done some due dilligence over ownership and can't be that uncomfortable with the situation.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 10 Dec 2013 17:09

RG30

STAR Board representatives met with Christopher Samuelson, Chairman of Thames Sports Investments Ltd. and Director of Reading Football Club Ltd. for the first time on 21st October. Discussions covered TSI’s objectives for the future of the Football Club. STAR described the role and workings of a Supporters’ Trust and was briefed on the background to TSI. It was pleased to be assured of TSI’s respect for the traditions of the Club in terms of names and colours and had its concerns over the delay in the takeover eased. Both STAR and TSI welcome the opportunity to work together to discuss more detailed issues of supporter and stakeholder representation at a further meeting planned for a few weeks’ time.

Was that 21st October 2012 or 21st October 2013?

Either way STAR won't get any answers either as the club are just not speaking about it to anyone at the moment.

As to the January window, well it can't be that much worse than what we've seen in the last 4 or 5 windows as the club have hardly set the fans alight with anticipation being a mixture of cutting cloth and :|

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Dec 2013 17:47

madstadblues If one of the Senior Coaches son commits to the club for the next 2 years you would think he would have done some due dilligence over ownership and can't be that uncomfortable with the situation.

:lol:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 10 Dec 2013 17:59

Pat Butchers Ring A couple of questions I have (please fell free to respond)

- Why as fans and therefore stakeholders in the club, aren't we allowed an insight into what's happening? If it's something as simple as Anton having other business commitments why hasn't he been heard of since August?

If the club admit we're in trouble it will devalue the club and invite offers for our players, and offers below what we value them.

Pat Butchers Ring What are STAR (as our Fans representative group) doing to get a detailed response to the question about what is going on? The club have so far fobbed the fans off with a paragraph brushing the issue under the carpet.

STAR were denied a promised 1-2-1 with Anton Zingarevich, and the football club have so far declined to answer any questions regarding the take-over from both STAR and local media.STAR have responded by looking into petitioning to make Madejski Stadium a 'Asset of Community Value' (http://www.supporters-direct.org/news-a ... ll-stadium), which only adds to the concern about the clubs current situation.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 10 Dec 2013 18:05

Errmm, surely every club's Supporter Group is looking to make their stadium an Asset of Cummunity Value?

Cypry

by Cypry » 10 Dec 2013 18:21

Barry the bird boggler
RG30

Was that 21st October 2012 or 21st October 2013?

Either way STAR won't get any answers either as the club are just not speaking about it to anyone at the moment.

As to the January window, well it can't be that much worse than what we've seen in the last 4 or 5 windows as the club have hardly set the fans alight with anticipation being a mixture of cutting cloth and :|

That was this year 2013....seems to directly contradict what Sparta is claiming...

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 10 Dec 2013 18:27

winchester_royal Errmm, surely every club's Supporter Group is looking to make their stadium an Asset of Cummunity Value?

Only about 14 clubs have started the process to date, but the ruling has not long been passed.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 10 Dec 2013 18:28

madstadblues If one of the Senior Coaches son commits to the club for the next 2 years you would think he would have done some due dilligence over ownership and can't be that uncomfortable with the situation.

Thanks, that's put my mind at ease

8684 posts