Kitson signs for Stoke for £5.5 million

956 posts
PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Kitson signs for Stoke for £5.5 million

by PEARCEY » 18 Jul 2008 21:57

pooandwee He's made a bad decision. That kit clashes badly with his hair.

Not if he goes albino

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 18 Jul 2008 21:58

I don't think all of our players would leave for Premiership Clubs because most of them may not be what Premiership Clubs are looking for.
We all know some of the players who would like to go, and we can guess which ones could do a decent job for a top-flight side.

But we didn't sell Kitson on the cheap, it was a brave move by Kitson joining one of the teams who may struggle and if Stoke get an injury free Kitson on top form, with a few more good players, they may stay up.

Kitson injury free and doing what he does best is extremely effective, but Coppell has said in the past that Kitson although quality is (for want of a better word) knackered.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 18 Jul 2008 21:59

Big Ern
pearcetom
makes me feel sick

Gosh, doesn't he look happy.

That's exactly what I thought. Kitson is an intelligent man, he knows exactly what he's let himself in for - a season of one-up-front long ball misery, ploughing a lone furrow against premiership centre halfs, with little or no service or support, with lung busting retreats to defend corners and set pieces for good measure.

Three year deal? Yeah right - he'd have had that relegation sell on clause as the first line of his contract.

I feel quite sorry for the guy that he's ended up at Stoke - he actually deserves to be playing for a decent team in the Premiership. FGS even Hull would have been better!!

Doyler

by Doyler » 18 Jul 2008 21:59

It's only good business if the replacement is of a similar ilk to Kitson. We need to have a target man capable of winning the ball in the air as I think that our remaining strikers will struggle to do that.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 18 Jul 2008 22:00

Muskrat
Big Ern
pearcetom
makes me feel sick

Gosh, doesn't he look happy.

- a season of one-up-front long ball misery, ploughing a lone furrow against premiership centre halfs

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 18 Jul 2008 22:01

Doyler It's only good business if the replacement is of a similar ilk to Kitson. We need to have a target man capable of winning the ball in the air as I think that our remaining strikers will struggle to do that.

Yep. Nail on head. Kitson has a proven record at Championship level...we need someone with a similar track record. Such players dont grow on trees.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 18 Jul 2008 22:07

The whole year inn
Muskrat
Big Ern - a season of one-up-front long ball misery, ploughing a lone furrow against premiership centre halfs

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Prem football >>> money

Prem football >>> CCC football

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 18 Jul 2008 22:11

Royal Rother I'm off to the pub now where I will of course be standing the corner of our club against Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool fans, every one of whom, whilst enjoying a bit of pisstake, have far far more admiration and respect for Reading FC than many of the fans who have contributed to this thread.

Let's hope they don't ask you to babysit

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 18 Jul 2008 22:22

Royal Rother Big Ern, the Kitson money will be reinvested in the team. If it is not I will admit to naivety of the highest level possible and offer myself up for whatever level of verbal flagellation is deemed appropriate by your good self.

I'm off to the pub now where I will of course be standing the corner of our club against Chelsea, Man Utd, Fulham, Arsenal and Liverpool fans, every one of whom, whilst enjoying a bit of pisstake, have far far more admiration and respect for Reading FC than many of the fans who have contributed to this thread.

Ain't that just the weirdest thing?

ALOL

bell end

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 18 Jul 2008 22:25

AF1
Royal Rother Big Ern, the Kitson money will be reinvested in the team. If it is not I will admit to naivety of the highest level possible and offer myself up for whatever level of verbal flagellation is deemed appropriate by your good self.

I'm off to the pub now where I will of course be standing the corner of our club against Chelsea, Man Utd, Fulham, Arsenal and Liverpool fans, every one of whom, whilst enjoying a bit of pisstake, have far far more admiration and respect for Reading FC than many of the fans who have contributed to this thread.

ALOL

bell end
Isn't that "useless rusty-pubed bell end"? ((c) Stoke fans, July 17 2008 - welcome to the Potteries, Dave.)

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 18 Jul 2008 22:27

Arch
AF1

ALOL

bell end
Isn't that "useless rusty-pubed bell end"? ((c) Stoke fans, July 17 2008 - welcome to the Potteries, Dave.)

Nope

If I thought Royal Rother was gonna retaliate, I could do better than that :wink:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 18 Jul 2008 22:35

Is DK's middle name honestly Barry?

dellwoodboy

by dellwoodboy » 18 Jul 2008 22:44

Well that's a start hopefully it will get the ball rolling and we can now hope for some new players coming in. I feel we have done excellent business. It does show however how miserly RFC have been in the last two years when a club similar in size can spend more than twice as much on one player as we ever have and probably likely to.
Kitson obviously wanted to move on and his performances after his indiscretion in January were very mediocre his heart did not seem to be in playing for RFC. We also have to remember his ill-judged tackle against Manure after only being on the pitch for a few minutes completly letting all his team mates down.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Jul 2008 22:49

Doyler It's only good business if the replacement is of a similar ilk to Kitson. We need to have a target man capable of winning the ball in the air as I think that our remaining strikers will struggle to do that.

A relevant point.
To say that one of the existing players will step in and prove himself is nonsense.
Kitson is 6ft 3 ins and as well as linking the forward play is our best defender at set-pieces-who is going to step up to the plate?
Alex Pearce?
I have to say that as things stand the prospect of Hunt and Lita falling over their own feet as they try to control a ball and Doyle aimlessly chasing balls humped up to him from the back as well as no Harper there to bring a bit of organisation and energy to the side fills me with...........just the thought of a long hard winter.

Three further thoughts-my how some have reacted like lovers scorned in their attitude to the departed one who as one poster said has been our best player in the past 10 years.
The second thought is that Sunderland were hammered by some people on here about their spending policy and suggested that they were certs for relegation,deja vu with the comments about Stoke?
Thirdly people have very selective memories about the few games that Marek,Bikey and Rosenior played in-all three had good parts in some games but their performances need to step up considerably for us to be a promotion threat.

Arch said something about us waiting to get the players that we need-how long can we wait?
The season starts in 3 weeks' time,we don't now have a central target striker,our longest-serving central midfielder will be gone before the season starts and our regular left-back for the past 5(?)years may well also have left.
I would love it if outstanding replacements were ready to come in even if they only have a few days of pre-season training before the big kick-off but these 3 players in particular plus Little are our best 4 players and IMHO will take some replacing.
The statement about money being available to spend is the same dreary old record from previous years and means nothing-most sucessful companies re-invest in new stock and machinery rather than getting by with inferior old stock and machinery.

As somebody else posted "brick-by-brick" was the stated philosophy but we appear to have a severe case of subsidence and urgent underpinning is required.
Last edited by Victor Meldrew on 18 Jul 2008 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Jul 2008 22:51

dellwoodboy Kitson obviously wanted to move on and his performances after his indiscretion in January were very mediocre his heart did not seem to be in playing for RFC. We also have to remember his ill-judged tackle against Manure after only being on the pitch for a few minutes completly letting all his team mates down.

Yeah, he didn't give a shit either, only Harper and Hunt cared, booooooooooooooooooo.

Letting his team mates down at OId Trafford? Sonko's never let his team mates down though, nor Bikey, Matejovsky, Cisse or Gunnarsson.

Twat.

double d

by double d » 18 Jul 2008 23:01

we should replace him with aaron mclean he is a very good goalscoerer and just what we need.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 18 Jul 2008 23:03

I'm still in shock at the fact the ginger twat (legend) has gone.

So so sad...... :cry:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 18 Jul 2008 23:08

Kitson will be replaced by someone better...................

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 18 Jul 2008 23:14

Ronaldo? Torres? :?

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 18 Jul 2008 23:16

gazzer, loyal royal i hope his missus likes baron stoke, cos he can't exactly drive to training from down here :shock:

He can't exactly drive from anywhere at the moment!

Perhaps train links are good around Stoke.

956 posts