New signings

1201 posts
Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New signings

by Compo's Hat » 02 Sep 2009 00:44

The Prisoner
loyalroyal4life so just to confirm that marek has STAYED?

It would appear so........although I am confused as to how we have signed Howard for £500k (not a loan according to the EP) and yet nobody knows anything about it?!?!?

Are they waiting on confirmation from the FA that the transfer paperwork has been confirmed before announcing it. I presume the FA had a whole load of this coming through from various clubs and won't have prosessed this all through tonight.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 02 Sep 2009 01:45

so to sum it up..

Bertrand
O'Dea
Mills
Rasiak
Mc'Anuff
Howard
Mystery Right Back

Good signings IMO and if that rightback turns out to be Alves, Ramos, Zambrotta or Zanetti then i'll be a bit happier :wink:

yappy

by yappy » 02 Sep 2009 04:50

Strange, strange day. Don't really know where to begin.

If Harps and Rosenior have gone on loans to rival clubs, with both of their contracts up next summer, I'll be quite disappointed. I could've accepted Harps going for £2mil to Wolves, it was a win-win situation, he gets a move back to the Premiership and we get some good money, for someone obviously not in Rodgers plans, but to let him go for next to nothing seems very peculiar.

Rosenior on the other hand, it seems very odd to get rid of him when we would have hardly no time to replace him, unless we recieved a sizeable fee I just can't see why we'd want to let him go. I can only see this 'mystery' right back being David Wright. I accept Rosenior has a few faults, but I just can't see how we'd adequately replace him at such short notice. I know we'll probably save a lot in wages from allowing these two to leave, however it just seems we also missed out on quite a bit of money at the same time.

However, it will be interesting to see what happens to Matejovsky in the next few months, I hope he doesn't get frozen out, but it really is time for him to deliver in a Reading shirt if he does feature.

As for the ins, very happy with O'Dea, very highly rated and good competition for the defence, especially as were low on numbers due to Ivar and Strech being out for a while.

Brian Howard (if it has happened) would be a decent signing IMO, we need someone a bit more creative and attacking, and I think he fits the bill. He hasn't been at Sheff Utd that long so maybe he hadn't quite settled there, but he was a very good player for Barnsley.

All in all it just seems to me we've given up all hope in returning to the Premiership in the short term. Hopefully this means from now on Rodgers will have a full chance to build his team and won't have to sell players left, right and centre, but I just can't see us being competitive in this league this season, which may have a great effect in the long term, but it could also lead to a potential downfall.

yappy

by yappy » 02 Sep 2009 05:28

On the subject of Harps, I'm very sad to see him go. This is my seventh year as a season ticket holder, and in that time Harper has been a regular fixture in the team.

How anyone can say Harper hasn't done anything for two years is beyond me, last season I admit he wasn't at his best, however in the season we got relegated he was by far our best player. How Stephen Hunt got player of the season award is beyond me. The goal he scored against Middlesbrough was of major importance, had we not won that we may not have even been in contention to stay up on the last day and we needed to end the run of bad results. His goal against Derby also cannot be underestimated.

Had all the players shown Harper's determination that season, we would've stayed up, but the fact is, as we know, that some of the players didn't even seem to care when we got relegated, Harper wasn't one of them.

Over 300 games Harper has played for the club and he's always given his best. Maybe his time had come, but I feel that he could've still played a massive role for us.

Anyways thanks for the memories, the goals against Rotherham and Liverpool at home, Middlesbrough and Sheff Utd away (04/05) are my particular highlights. All the best Harps!

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 02 Sep 2009 05:35

yappy
Anyways thanks for the memories, the goals against Rotherham and Liverpool at home, Middlesbrough and Sheff Utd away (04/05) are my particular highlights. All the best Harps!

Palace away!!

yappy

by yappy » 02 Sep 2009 05:37

The whole year inn
yappy

Palace away!!

Of course, how did I forget that one :shock:

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 02 Sep 2009 07:34

Whore Jackie
The whole year inn Harper to Sheff Utd

Howard in for 500k

Rosenoir on loan to Ipswich

Who's the right back coming in?

Hutchinson or Belletti?

Almost. Gordon's going to be proud. :wink:

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 02 Sep 2009 08:14

firstdivision
Archies Volley II
firstdivision On talk sport tonight, they said the Rosenoir move broke down at the last minute, with reference being made to a family bereavement.

If this is already in another thread, then apologies but cba to trawl through, so whoosh away saddo's :)

Assuming firstdivision is correct and someone involved in the Ipswich - Reading deal has had a family bereavement this would explain the lack of clarity surrounding both that and potentially the Sheff Utd - Reading deal.

The guy they were speaking to was an Agent going through the moves of the day. He said that the deal had been held up because Leroy Rosenior's father had passed away (Liams Grandfather).

TBH it was a surprise to me, as I hadnt thought Liam was moving anywhere, but I am sure all will become clear later on. In the meantime best wishes to Liam and his family.

As you say best wishes to the family - to my mind, anyway, this certainly explains the lack of confirmation surrounding any deals involving us yesterday afternoon.

Assume we have been more time to finalise.

Sad news :(

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 02 Sep 2009 08:16

According to some we should have replaced the players while they are still here, bit like we should have with Shorey.

Have to larf at him expecting a guaranteed place at Pompy.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 02 Sep 2009 08:25

I was playing FM all night and then turned the poot straight off...but obviusly I ain't reading all that.

Can I have a precis of the furore please?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 02 Sep 2009 08:32

Seems we might have two new signings, or others may have left, despite nothing being announced officially and the deadline is closed.

One or two blame coppells past players, guess who. And the overall view is we may still struggle, still it is a new era, or it might be, or not, all in all who knows.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 02 Sep 2009 08:35

winchester_royal
CMRoyal
winchester_royal Apparently Rosie's agent has confirmed his move on talksport.

WTF is going on? Fcuking tell us something RFC you muppets.

I can't help being puzzled by this kind of comment. Neither the Harper nor the Rosenior moves are on the Sheffield United or Ipswich OSes. So it's not RFC being muppets, it's the clubs involved having to finalise paperwork before co-ordinating their updates. It's not their faults that players, managers or agents start blabbing prematurely.

It's been 4.5 hours since the deadline shut.

How much paperwork is there?

I don't know, but why are RFC the muppets when the other clubs also haven't told anyone anything either? (Officially, anyway. I know Blackwell blabbed, as is his wont).

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 02 Sep 2009 08:36

Harpers So Solid Crew Seems we might have two new signings, or others may have left, despite nothing being announced officially and the deadline is closed.

One or two blame coppells past players, guess who. And the overall view is we may still struggle, still it is a new era, or it might be, or not, all in all who knows.

So nothing to report then?

Ryn

by Ryn » 02 Sep 2009 08:38

To summarise we've signed some players, one we don't know who it is yet; we've shipped out some players who we thought were first teamers; some people are excited, others are scared, because we don't have Steve Coppell fannying about in the transfer market any more / Brendan is panic signing. All praise/hatred (delete as appropriate) to Madejski, Nicky Hammond and Brendan Rogers.

Ryn

by Ryn » 02 Sep 2009 08:40

I work with Rosie's Auntie; she hasn't got a fcucking clue what's going on with Liam.

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 02 Sep 2009 08:40

CMRoyal
winchester_royal It's been 4.5 hours since the deadline shut.

How much paperwork is there?

I don't know, but why are RFC the muppets when the other clubs also haven't told anyone anything either? (Officially, anyway. I know Blackwell blabbed, as is his wont).

Exactly, especially as it now appears that the dealy in the deals is due to a death.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 02 Sep 2009 08:40

Terminal Boardom Seriously, if you want to believe the hype that comes out of Gestapo HQ then fair play to you. I choose to trust my own eyes.

:roll:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Sep 2009 08:41

To confirm, the summary of what can only be described as a disappointing day is

OUT

Andersen to Bristol Rovers on loan
Harper to Sheff Utd on loan
Rosenior to Ipswich on loan

IN

O'Dea from Celtic (loan to 1st Jan) Centre Back
Howard from Sheff Utd for 500k Midfield

Work currently going on to get in a right back (if we missed the window yesterday this will be completed next week when the loan window opens)

Should imagine that this sees the end of Rosenior and Harper at Reading unless, by some miracle, we get promoted this season

Cannot see any other reason to get shot of Rosenior other than yet more penny pinching

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 02 Sep 2009 08:43

so our first choice right back is currently Julian Kelly? :| :? :cry:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 02 Sep 2009 08:48

Barry the bird boggler To confirm, the summary of what can only be described as a disappointing day is

OUT

Andersen to Bristol Rovers on loan
Harper to Sheff Utd on loan
Rosenior to Ipswich on loan

IN

O'Dea from Celtic (loan to 1st Jan) Centre Back
Howard from Sheff Utd for 500k Midfield

Work currently going on to get in a right back (if we missed the window yesterday this will be completed next week when the loan window opens)

Should imagine that this sees the end of Rosenior and Harper at Reading unless, by some miracle, we get promoted this season

Cannot see any other reason to get shot of Rosenior other than yet more penny pinching

Have the Harper/Rosenior deals been confirmed? I can't see anything on the OS, and Sky Sports doesn't seem to understand.

I can understand Harper going as Rodgers clearly doesn't like him/hasn't planned on him staying, but Rosenior? That leaves...erm...yep...Julian Kelly.

I'm sure he's a lovely chap, but he's not a CCC first teamer.

1201 posts