1419 posts
dantheloyalroyal

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by dantheloyalroyal » 31 Aug 2010 00:38

Horsham Royal
dantheloyalroyal Fixed?

Perfectly. Thank you. :D
:)

Now to fix the broken club... With so many people so disgruntled, a fans buy-out might be in order?

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 31 Aug 2010 00:38

That still doesn't say we are definitely going to bid for him, or if we do, that we'll actually get him.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Aug 2010 00:39

Royals-lad14
Kitson12
Royals-lad14 looks like matty fryatt will be the only new player coming in. No CB??? :shock:

Source? Since when did you know anything? You've only just stopped using other members avatars!

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... r_6million

Since when did Fordham know anything? He obviously hasn't read the Hoppenhimmler Star website yet.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 31 Aug 2010 00:54

Legend. :(

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 31 Aug 2010 00:55

Jimbo
Gylfi on new contract, 27th May, I signed a new contract just a few months ago, and having been offered a new contract again now, I'd be stupid to go elsewhere.
This is very good news for me. I am playing every week and I am happy to stay for at least another year

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Since then, he's understood the way the world, unfortunately, works.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 31 Aug 2010 01:05

Financially the deal represents good business for the club, however fans are outraged at the sale of the former Academy graduate who only just signed a new deal at Madejski Stadium in May.

At the time he said: "I am playing every week and I am happy to stay for at least another year.

"Having been offered a new contract again now, I'd be stupid to go elsewhere."

I know people change, especially when we're talking on the subject of football... but, are we talking here about a player that doesn't actually want to leave, and we're selling without actually wanting to, but without choice because it is a sum of money we can't deny?

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 31 Aug 2010 01:11

URZZ Financially the deal represents good business for the club, however fans are outraged at the sale of the former Academy graduate who only just signed a new deal at Madejski Stadium in May.

At the time he said: "I am playing every week and I am happy to stay for at least another year.

"Having been offered a new contract again now, I'd be stupid to go elsewhere."

I know people change, especially when we're talking on the subject of football... but, are we talking here about a player that doesn't actually want to leave, and we're selling without actually wanting to, but without choice because it is a sum of money we can't deny?

It's in his hands really, he can reject them if he wants to stay.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 31 Aug 2010 01:17

Even if he stays now, which he obviously won't... he won't be the same.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 31 Aug 2010 01:19

If this is all kosher, the rest of the season is going to be fun.

Strikers that can't strike, midfielders that don't hold the middle of the field, and defenders who rarely defend.
Gylfi was a guiding light, now we are fcked.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 31 Aug 2010 01:20

willz_royal If this is all kosher, the rest of the season is going to be fun.

Strikers that can't strike, midfielders that don't hold the middle of the field, and defenders who rarely defend.
Gylfi was a guiding light, now we are fcked.

Speak for yourself, we haven't even played a game without him yet. Give it time, and then we can be sure, Gylfi is class, but he's still no Sidwell. We STILL miss that boy imho.

I would love to see Fryatt come to Reading, and a centre back.
Last edited by URZZ on 31 Aug 2010 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 31 Aug 2010 01:20

Probably true, though maybe he'd want to prove a point. But then again, this, like the transfer, is just hearsay at the moment, regardless of what some Icelandic Stoke fan says.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 31 Aug 2010 01:21

Great bit of business for Reading, shame it couldn't have been done a few weeks earlier so that we could have found a suitable replacement and given him time to bed in.

In the scheme of things we have developed a great talent for many other football fans to appreciate - we got paid handsomely for it without too much outlay. We were not a one man team, we have several other match winners in this crop of players. Having said that, it can be frustrating to repeatedly see fine young talent continuously exported for sometimes minimal sums of money [excl this one]. For me, you can only truly judge a decision like this [or at least determine its effectiveness] after a few weeks or even a few months.

Not the end of the world, a shame, but its not RIP Reading just yet.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 31 Aug 2010 01:26

Good post. I'm pretty optimistic when it comes to Reading, so I'll wait patiently. But I can't see any of our current players having the skill and cool head to grasp the game by the scruff of the neck ala gylfi.

Though fryatt will be a welcome addition.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 31 Aug 2010 01:30

Wiki update, it appears he's back on our page.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 31 Aug 2010 01:31

Great post deadman. I do hope we get Fryatt and a centreback in though. If not we have the loan market. Kish and Fryatt as loans would be fine. Still reasonably confident about this season. The sale is certainly not a reason to protest.

joe999

by joe999 » 31 Aug 2010 02:04

fozzy Get a new chairman : one who isn't dead above the neck
and before anyone asks : I actually don't care who would take over, I am SO bored of Madejski now that after 42 years as a supporter I feel like giving up, so I can't be bothered with the 'why' 'who would' 'whats he done for us' questions

so... Get a new chairman : one who isn't dead above the neck
or a money grabbing c n u t

i hope cilla's new t i t s explode

or whatever he's spent the money on

:lol:

This sums it up better than any lengthy post to be honest.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 31 Aug 2010 02:49

I am so angry I can't even sleep!

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 31 Aug 2010 03:10

That Friday Feeling Christ alive. Some people need to get a grip.

Young players leave small clubs for better things all the time. Might be a shock to some, but we are a small club.

The power lies with the player. Gylfi could have gone for pretty much fcuk all over the summer. Renegotiating his contract was a good move and guaranteed us a decent (if not great) fee.

LOL at anyone thinking JM is trousering the cash. He written off/converted to share capital millions supporting our team.

None of our strikers are too hot as one up front. We won't play 4-4-2 with Gylfi in the team so this will be a chance to change. If not, Jake Taylor might be able to step up.

Players come and players go. Sure he's a special talent and I'd love to have seen more of him but shit happens. Good luck to the lad.

TALK ABOUT YOUR OBVIOUS POSTS!!!! NO ONE WILL EVER WISH HIM BAD LUCK BUT WE ALL KNOW HE WONT BE REPLACED!

GOOD LUCK GYLFI!! I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU BANGING THEM IN AT THE VERY HIGHEST LEVEL! XXXXXXX COME BACK TO HAUNT THE PREMIER LEAGUE ONE DAY, WON'T YOU PLEASE?

SHANE LONG IS THE ONE WE REALLY WANTED SHOT OF BUT NOT TO WORRY, BOYO! NO ONE WANTED HIM IN THE SHORT TIME WE HAD TO PAY A CERTAIN DEBT, SO INSTEAD OF PAYING HIS OVER INFLATED WAGES YOU WERE SACRIFICED! NOT TO WORRY THOUGH! GOOD LUCK SONNY! SHUT THE DOOR ON YOUR WAY OUT THOUGH PLEASE.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 31 Aug 2010 04:30

sandman
rabidbee
sandman All together now There were ten german......

players in the Bayern team for the 2010 UEFA Champion's League Final?

Five and a Spaniard and Pole masquerading as Germans actually. :wink:

Not what Wiki says.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 31 Aug 2010 04:39

Imho this pays off for Sidwell, to think he went on a free is criminal.

Not to mention I think I can speak for all of us when I say in July 2009 if any one of us was told one of our youth players was going to burst into our starting line up in the new season, make a massive contribution to securing our Championship status for another season and score 20 goals from centre midfield and then be sold in a years time for '6 million' we'd of been more than chuffed, let alone amazed... which is what we should be right now. It is good business for Reading Football Club, this is an absolute profit.

I do hope though that this means we will be buying Fryatt (1 million) and a centre back (1/2million) and putting the rest away to pay for wages and to keep the ship afloat so to speak.

Good luck to you Gylfi, you have an extremely bright future.

1419 posts