Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by floyd__streete » 10 Dec 2013 18:32

What annoys me most about the wall of silence over the takeover is that the club forgets that we aint Pompey fans, we've had one careful owner for 20+ years so we aren't used to upheavel in terms of the whole future of the club. Can they not understand the angst in that context :?: We deserve more in terms of information :!:

"No you don't, you proles :!: "

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Dec 2013 18:45

If there's no money and nobody's running the club then I doubt we'll see any new contracts signed any time soon eh?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Dec 2013 18:58

Silver Fox If there's no money and nobody's running the club then I doubt we'll see any new contracts signed any time soon eh?

Completely the reverse actually. I have it on good authority we are going to sign the entire team on to new contracts so that their values double in case we get any offers.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Dec 2013 20:11

winchester_royal
Harpers So Solid Crew
winchester_royal Let's assume it's worst case scenario and Anton don't have no money. Why would the club announce this? They'll be working incredibly hard behind the scenes to find a solution that is best for the club, and therefore it's stakeholders, and throwing the entire fanbase into meltdown mode isn't going to help anyone.

Just chill out. There are guys in high places at the club who have the best interests of the club to heart and will be doing their utmost to secure it's future. As it is we currently have a good squad that is in the upper echelons of the league table, a fantastic youth set up, and management team with past success at this level. Support them, rather than worrying about things completely out of our control.

The club will say something when it has something worth announcing.

Worst case scenario in my opinion would be if Anton had been able to buy the second tranche of the club.

I think some explanation is due. Perhaps Tim D could ask about the January's window if he interviews jm or adkins

We'll get an explanation when it's all sorted. The worst thing the club could do now is tell the fans something is wrong, it would be of absolutely no help to anyone and may well harm any negotiations that are currently going on with interested parties.

The laughable thing here is that these supposed 'money troubles' are having absolutely no effect atm. We have a squad that has been put together on big wages, we're planning a new training ground, we've recent acquired Cat 1 status... It's not like it's a firesale going on at RFC right now, so I'm not really sure why people are getting their knickers in a twist.

If it gets to a point where we start undergoing a serious course of 'cloth-cutting' then an explanation will be due, but for now what do you expect the club to say? 'Oh well, AZ hasn't got enough money from daddy but Chrissy Samuelson is out lobbying billionaires to take his place?'. I mean come on, there is no football club or business that be telling the world about that kind of scenario.

Also, AZ still owns 51% of the club, so any announcement would have to be approved by him. Not going to happen.

I'd be far more worried if we went Pompey / QPR and starting spending ludicrously.

That's damage that's very hard to put right. Little to no investment is easy for a new owner to deal with. They just pump in some money. Clearing big debts and a huge wage bill is another matter entirely.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 10 Dec 2013 21:52

There's clearly a financial issue if we have taken financing from Vibrac at the start of the season. Probably an advance on the parachute payment so the club can afford the wage bill through the course of the season.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Dec 2013 10:28

If, as is rumoured, London Irish move away from the Madejski next season, that's even less money coming into the club. :cry:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 12 Dec 2013 10:31

Seems like club is banking on a return to the prem in order to inject necessary funds/source new buyer for club at a more attractive price then would be now.

Why not spend some £££ and get a couple of decent players in Jan to give us that chance?????

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Dec 2013 10:42

loyalroyal4life Seems like club is banking on a return to the prem in order to inject necessary funds/source new buyer for club at a more attractive price then would be now.

Why not spend some £££ and get a couple of decent players in Jan to give us that chance?????

Probably because we don't have any money :| And will have even less if LI leave Madejski, though I realise that is a drop in the ocean really. But it all helps.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Dec 2013 11:04

Royal Lady If, as is rumoured, London Irish move away from the Madejski next season, that's even less money coming into the club. :cry:

What rumours?

I'm sure they're contracted in for another 12 years anyway so even if they did leave I'd expect there to be some pretty hefty penalty clauses for walking away so, in the short term, it might even produce more revenue for us!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Dec 2013 11:06

Yeh, they're contracted till 2026.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Dec 2013 11:25

Pepe the Horseman Yeh, they're contracted till 2026.

But making losses as they only half fill the stadium

One of the big issues for the new owners will be whether to move away from their home at the Madejski Stadium in Reading.

The Exiles have been playing at Reading FC’s ground since 2000 but have struggled to fill the 24,161 capacity, registering an average attendance of just over 9,000 last term.

Takeover's been confirmed, one rumour was they may move to Brentford

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Dec 2013 11:39

So they break the contract and we get compo? Either way it's nothing to worry about it.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Dec 2013 11:39

Uke
Pepe the Horseman Yeh, they're contracted till 2026.

But making losses as they only half fill the stadium

One of the big issues for the new owners will be whether to move away from their home at the Madejski Stadium in Reading.

The Exiles have been playing at Reading FC’s ground since 2000 but have struggled to fill the 24,161 capacity, registering an average attendance of just over 9,000 last term.

Takeover's been confirmed, one rumour was they may move to Brentford

Although any planning permission for Brentford's new stadium plans will specifically exclude Rugby from being played there. The reason is that if they want rugby there then they want them to have to go through the planning process so that transport impacts, etc have to be carried out.

JamieY26

by JamieY26 » 12 Dec 2013 11:45

Royal Lady If, as is rumoured, London Irish move away from the Madejski next season, that's even less money coming into the club. :cry:

Not true. London Irish have a contract to stay at Madejski until the 2025-26 season regardless of which division they are in.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Dec 2013 11:46

Pepe the Horseman So they break the contract and we get compo? Either way it's nothing to worry about it.

Except the breaking of an income stream factored into budgeting to 2026

The contract would have lasted up to 2026 at a guaranteed price, with a notice period to move - 1-2 years?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Dec 2013 12:11

JamieY26

Not true. London Irish have a contract to stay at Madejski until the 2025-26 season regardless of which division they are in.

Is there an echo in here, in here, in here?? :roll: See post above for a better response.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 12 Dec 2013 15:25

JamieY26

They can break that contract if they want to, but they will need to negotiate a settlement with SJM first. Also we only pick up around £250k a season from them being here, and that doesn't even cover the cost of a new pitch. The bits we may get a share of through match day revenue also wont amount to much. They only average 8-9k. It really wont hurt the club a great deal.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Dec 2013 15:56

It's still even less money coming into the club - as I originally stated though....

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 12 Dec 2013 16:01

Royal Lady It's still even less money coming into the club - as I originally stated though....

In comparison to the vastly inflated wage bill we manage under AZ it really is a drop in the ocean. A club stripped of all these 'big names' and big salaries under SJM's leadership, then yes it will be missed, although a new pitch still sets a club back around £600k, and the match day income for 9000 supporters really isn't going to impact the football club a lot.

If anything it will impact smaller businesses in the town more than us.

In any case, London Irish are staying for the foreseeable future but are considering their options. Announcement made earlier today.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 12 Dec 2013 18:02

oxf*rd LOL at only 9000 average, was that not ours not long before we moved to the Madstad, it is better than many Rugger teams, and on big days they fill it.

8684 posts