Rival Watch

17462 posts
Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by Notts Royal » 25 Mar 2021 19:13

Hound Bit the same with our season. Great if we make the play offs, still been a positive season if not

Don’t think we’ve quite enough to get beyond the semis if we did. In my mind we’d either need Joao on the sort of of form he was a couple of months ago and/or Swift to be fit and firing 100%

Also strange to say but a bit bored of the season tbh. Bored of just watching everything on TV. Everything just feels a bit samey

I’m completely the same; it’s nowhere near as good without the fans. Can’t say I’ve invested emotionally either; I watch our games with interest but can’t get excited about the playoffs, simply as we can’t be there to be involved. It’s a crying shame we will have likely missed watching Olise in the flesh & some others too.

When it first came back on, I was in agreement that it was better than nothing. But now I kinda think we might as well just have written off the last year haha

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Mar 2021 19:37

I've enjoyed watching all the games and seeing the players. And it's given a oxf*rd more structure to my week.

Glad we've had the season, but even at the best of times I'm happy enough with competing in the top 10. PL is massively overrated. NOt really interested in spending a season getting beaten all the time, having no hope of really competing outside a mini league of about 5 to 8 and being patronised by a bunch of cretins and plastic glory boys.

The Championship is a great league. Decent quality. Highly competitive. Interesting.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Mar 2021 19:43

I’ve been totally invested in the team this season. It’s given me something to look forward to especially during this slog of a winter. Despite the many frustrations with the team this lot are one of my favourite squads over the decades.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Mar 2021 19:43

I’ve been totally invested in the team this season. It’s given me something to look forward to especially during this slog of a winter. Despite the many frustrations with the team this lot are one of my favourite squads over the decades.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Mar 2021 09:17

oh I agree - I really like the team. I like Pauno. Its just been a real shame that we've not been able to watch in person - it would have been great to be honest

I've invested loads, esp early season. But I think I've kind of just had enough with watching on tv. Makes me see what being an armchair fan would be and it isnt for me :). Couple of months ago I was still watching any game that Sky or BT put on, and it certainly helped get through the misery of this winter.

Either way if we go up or not its been an enjoyable season and just looking forward to getting back to the ground and sharing the experience.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Mar 2021 10:54

My only disappointment has been Joao's apparent attitude.

Him with Doyle's or Kitson's or Long's, or Noel Hunt's attitude and I'd be deliriously happy.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Mar 2021 11:16

Yeah - invested too.

I bought a fence panel in, i sat on that, turn the pictures off and just have sound on, and for 90 minutes i experience the life of Ian Royal. It aint great!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Mar 2021 16:25

Hound oh I agree - I really like the team. I like Pauno. Its just been a real shame that we've not been able to watch in person - it would have been great to be honest

I've invested loads, esp early season. But I think I've kind of just had enough with watching on tv. Makes me see what being an armchair fan would be and it isnt for me :). Couple of months ago I was still watching any game that Sky or BT put on, and it certainly helped get through the misery of this winter.

Either way if we go up or not its been an enjoyable season and just looking forward to getting back to the ground and sharing the experience.

Again, by contrast, I can't believe just how much nicer it's been to sit down at 2.45 to enjoy a game, then get on with my day at 5 rather than leave the house 10 ish and get home about half 8

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Mar 2021 16:29

well thats your fault for living miles away

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Mar 2021 12:57

Hound well thats your fault for living miles away

Exileist!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Mar 2021 14:41

I prefer choice to fault, but yeah it is. Not sure how that really makes a difference to my experience though.

Other plus sides. Unlike at the Madejski, no moaning a-holes every 10 yards.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Mar 2021 17:34

Snowflake Royal

I prefer choice to fault, but yeah it is. Not sure how that really makes a difference to my experience though.

Just the one in your living room :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Mar 2021 09:03

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal

Just the one in your living room :D

You don't live with me hun.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 29 Mar 2021 20:48

Bournemouth record pre tax loss of more than £60m for year ending 30th June 2020.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56563968

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Mar 2021 08:56

Orion1871 Bournemouth record pre tax loss of more than £60m for year ending 30th June 2020.

Ouch but this line in the report

The figures do not include more than £50m in transfer fees earned after the end of last season.

suggests they won't be particularly worried about it.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Mar 2021 10:53

Stranded
Orion1871 Bournemouth record pre tax loss of more than £60m for year ending 30th June 2020.

The figures do not include more than £50m in transfer fees earned after the end of last season.

Also excludes the enormous drop in TV revenue after relegation. Even after player sales, their wage bill is not sustainable at this level.

If they're still down here at the end of next season, I can see a serious nosedive for them as they struggle to balance the books.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Mar 2021 15:10

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded

Also excludes the enormous drop in TV revenue after relegation. Even after player sales, their wage bill is not sustainable at this level.

If they're still down here at the end of next season, I can see a serious nosedive for them as they struggle to balance the books.

yeah its a hint they'll lose a lot this season, even if those figures last year have been largely offset by player sales. Not sure who they'd be able to sell for decent money this time round to stem the losses - prob Danjuma and Solanke - but then its starting to significantly weaken the team

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 30 Mar 2021 18:19

Hound
WestYorksRoyal
Stranded

yeah its a hint they'll lose a lot this season, even if those figures last year have been largely offset by player sales. Not sure who they'd be able to sell for decent money this time round to stem the losses - prob Danjuma and Solanke - but then its starting to significantly weaken the team

To be honest they have already sold everyone of value they are now stuck with overpaid underachievers where we were a year after we came down. everyone decent has been robbed and you are left with the players who were meant to be the next messiah that you signed in the premiership but didn't make the grade on much higher wages than the grade you are playing at. for the record Solanke is not all that and is not setting the championship alight let alone the premiership.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Mar 2021 21:58

Solanke is apparently "only" on £23,000 a week.

Shame he cost £19m.

Begovic is apparently on £70,000 a week. :shock: but I suppose he is OOC in the summer.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 30 Mar 2021 22:15

They’d be able to sell Brooks for a decent fee you’d imagine. Lewis Cook has also had a very decent season.

I’ve not been overly impressed with Billing or Lerma though...you can tell they have talent but they’re blooming lazy which isn’t what you want from your central mids

17462 posts