How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
Jay o/

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by Jay o/ » 11 Nov 2012 08:43

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Nov 2012 09:02

Is that a new weave?

Divvy

by Divvy » 11 Nov 2012 09:05

The size of those lug holes!

Divvy

by Divvy » 11 Nov 2012 09:14

I've worked out what's wrong. There's an imposter in charge. Someone find Brian and quick!!

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 12 Nov 2012 14:01

Hate to say it but I think his time might be running out as manager of RFC.

We just don't seem to have any method behind our play, it's just a big boot into the corners for the strikers to chase which just isn't good enough at this level i'm afraid. The signings have been poor, a number of sources have come out and said there was more money available in the summer however Mcd didn't want to spend it out of loyalty to the players that got us up. He should have known Guthrie wouldn't fit in with us.

People who say 'who else could come in and do a better job with this squad' or 'Mcd is working miricles with a poor squad' are delusional to be honest. Who was it that built this squad? who signed the players? who tells them how to play? I said pre season that he has been naive with the signings that he's made and that looks to be correct. He had the chance to buy the quality required to win us games in this league and shose not to, this could be the reason Anton decides to get rid IMO.

Anyone who thinks Saturdays performance was acceptable is delusional. A heavy defeat to Everton could see him gone.

The likes of melonhead are welcome to their opinion and put some positive spin on things but the results and performances speak for themselves. Mcd built this team, he had more money to spend in the summer, he has no plan B and made some poor signings.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Nov 2012 14:20

Divvy The size of those lug holes!

If only he had the ivory to match, they'd be more money to spend on players!

More seriously though, if ever a picture were to tell a story, that is a story of two very unhappy men.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 12 Nov 2012 15:20

Lacoste Hate to say it but I think his time might be running out as manager of RFC.

We just don't seem to have any method behind our play, it's just a big boot into the corners for the strikers to chase which just isn't good enough at this level i'm afraid. The signings have been poor, a number of sources have come out and said there was more money available in the summer however Mcd didn't want to spend it out of loyalty to the players that got us up. He should have known Guthrie wouldn't fit in with us.

People who say 'who else could come in and do a better job with this squad' or 'Mcd is working miricles with a poor squad' are delusional to be honest. Who was it that built this squad? who signed the players? who tells them how to play? I said pre season that he has been naive with the signings that he's made and that looks to be correct. He had the chance to buy the quality required to win us games in this league and shose not to, this could be the reason Anton decides to get rid IMO.

Anyone who thinks Saturdays performance was acceptable is delusional. A heavy defeat to Everton could see him gone.

The likes of melonhead are welcome to their opinion and put some positive spin on things but the results and performances speak for themselves. Mcd built this team, he had more money to spend in the summer, he has no plan B and made some poor signings.

cheers for the name check

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Nov 2012 16:02

TheSiege
BRILLIANT! If we'd played the Brazil national team and got a draw it would be a plus! However, we played At Home against a fellow relegation struggler and if we wish to end up higher than 21st - WE HAD TO BEAT THEM! If the reality of football continually escapes you, f*ck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that the same Norwich City that is in the League Cup Quarter-Finals
and have beaten Arsenal, Spurs and Stoke, and drawn at Villa and now
Reading in their recent unbeaten run of five games?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Nov 2012 16:16

To be fair, that Arsenal result was one of those flukes that crop up here and there, Stoke have an awful away record, Villa are one of the sides even we might beat and Spurs was a weakened (not massively mind) League Cup line up.

They are absolutely the level of side we have to be beating, and looking likely to beat, at home if we want to stay up.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 12 Nov 2012 19:29

Lacoste

He didn't build this squad to finish mid-table in the Premier league, he built it to try and get out of the championship, probably via the play-offs!

We didn't have the best squad in the Championship last year by a long way but still secured promotion as champions- a massive over achievement. Neither did we have a massive transfer budget to re-engineer the entire squad in the Summer. Brian is now a victim of the success he has bought us and the unrealistic expectations of supporter who don't seem to realize how far the odds are stacked against us.

Your post is so devoid of context and understanding of the economic realities facing promoted teams not doping on debt that I don't think you should be throwing around the word, 'delusional'.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Nov 2012 20:03

Once were Biscuitmen
Lacoste

He didn't build this squad to finish mid-table in the Premier league, he built it to try and get out of the championship, probably via the play-offs!

We didn't have the best squad in the Championship last year by a long way but still secured promotion as champions- a massive over achievement. Neither did we have a massive transfer budget to re-engineer the entire squad in the Summer. Brian is now a victim of the success he has bought us and the unrealistic expectations of supporter who don't seem to realize how far the odds are stacked against us.

Your post is so devoid of context and understanding of the economic realities facing promoted teams not doping on debt that I don't think you should be throwing around the word, 'delusional'.

But we don't know what transfer budget he had, nor whether he used all that was offered. If he failed to spend what he was given, then he has an awful lot to answer for in terms of the weaknesses of our current squad.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 13 Nov 2012 15:43

Very true words spoken by the boss, but even more important we don`t throw it all away,

Royals boss Brian McDermott says our upcoming home fixtures against Everton, Manchester United and Arsenal show just how far the club has come in the Madejski Stadium era.

As we prepare to take on three of the biggest sides in England, Brian commented, "Somebody said to me it doesn't get any easier because it's Everton next, but for me it doesn't get much better.

"If you think about it, Everton come here with a top manager, a top side. These are great times for Reading, and then it's Manchester United and Arsenal at home after that."

The Toffees are Reading's opponents at the Madejski Stadium this Saturday, while Manchester United come to town on 1st December, before Arsenal return to RG2 a couple of weeks later.

The club had to wait over 50 years to play United between FA Cup ties in 1955 and 1996 - and then saw another decade pass until the Royals earned the right to face the Red Devils in the Premier League.

As McDermott approaches three years in charge of Reading, the manager philosophically looked back the club's recent success and believes it's a great time to be a Royals supporter.

"As a club we've had a fantastic ten or eleven years, we want to do the best for our fans in every game, it's a good time to be a Reading supporter.

"Three years ago we were right at the bottom looking like we might go to League One and it's important to remember that, how far this club has come."

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 13 Nov 2012 15:47

I read that last sentence and silently added

"under my management"

He's attempting justifying his continued employment with those comments in my opinion, nothing more.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Nov 2012 15:53

It's not entirely representative either given that position at the bottom of the Championship was very definitely a six month anomaly in our last 10 years. The last time we finished outside the top 30 teams in the country was in 2001/02 when we won promotion back to the second tier. And in 14 years we've finished in the bottom half of our division precisely once.

Although that ties in with the comments about how good we've had it.

TBH, these matches are the ones where there aren't much pressure because we're absolutely expected to lose, and a lack of pressure might make the players relax and find a bit of form.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Nov 2012 15:56

ZacNaloen I read that last sentence and silently added

"under my management"

He's attempting justifying his continued employment with those comments in my opinion, nothing more.

succeeded imo

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 13 Nov 2012 15:58

I'm not in a position to comment on whether he is succeeding or not.

I am very frustrated, and tbf was last year, with his tactics against teams that can keep the ball (which happens to be 90% of this league) and predicted in the summer we'd struggle to win games.

Based on previous seasons though I'm expecting us to have barnstorming second half as he makes some astute signings in the january window.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Nov 2012 16:02

thats the squad we have/had though

and we didnt have the money to do a total rebuild in the summer, totally changing our style in the process
nor is that a sensible idea(QPR)
all we could do is gradual improvments,improve the problem areas, with a blend young and hungry, bit of prem experience
and go from there

we will buy another 1 or two in january, and we will be in with a shout of staying up at the end of the season

thats all you could have hoped for imo.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 13 Nov 2012 16:03

Thats an interview by a manager under immense pressure IMO.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 13 Nov 2012 16:04

It does read a bit like, "I'll put this out in advance of us possibly getting some terrible bum ripping in upcoming matches and would ask you to brave it out".

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Nov 2012 16:04

no shit

not really helped by idiots constantly talking about how he should be sacked on internet forums

3209 posts