Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Buyout

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2013 18:14

Royal Lady
JamieY26
Royal Lady If, as is rumoured, London Irish move away from the Madejski next season, that's even less money coming into the club. :cry:

Not true. London Irish have a contract to stay at Madejski until the 2025-26 season regardless of which division they are in.

Is there an echo in here, in here, in here?? :roll: See post above for a better response.

You get it wrong and he's the one who deserves the rolleyes! :lol:

If they're not clueless Uke should be right about clauses for early contract release with 'x' notice. But they may be clueless. Or we may have just outright refused that and said if you don't like it go elsewhere.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Dec 2013 18:54

Harpers So Solid Crew oxf*rd LOL at only 9000 average, was that not ours not long before we moved to the Madstad, it is better than many Rugger teams, and on big days they fill it.
+1 6.5k at the pants day match...I cut a lonely figure in the N. stand

Can remember when the rugby at the madstad regularly outsold the footy.

(agreeing with others) Wish the buggers would change their name tho

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 12 Dec 2013 19:05

Harpers So Solid Crew oxf*rd LOL at only 9000 average, was that not ours not long before we moved to the Madstad, it is better than many Rugger teams, and on big days they fill it.

No one is laughing at their attendances, only pointing out that the match day income from food and beverages wouldn't make much of a dent to RFC's income on current budgets.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Dec 2013 19:10

Car parking
Hotel revenue
Cut from the buses
Cut from the club shop merchandise
Advertising
Corporate Boxes etc

maybe helps just a little bit?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 12 Dec 2013 19:24

AthleticoSpizz Car parking
Hotel revenue
Cut from the buses
Advertising
Corporate Boxes etc

I doubt London Irish pay Reading FC £250,000 a year to use the stadium and get none of the income from that.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Dec 2013 19:31

Can't believe that there are people who really think that both RFC and LI don't have an escape clause in their rental agreement

If you rented a house as a landlord you would want to be able to tell someone to fùck off if they were bad payers

If you couldn't afford the rent any more you'd also want to be able to move out

Also if the landlord sold up 51% of his house to some dodgy rental agency, the terms of the original contract may no longer be valid

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Dec 2013 20:18

SPARTA
Hotel revenue
Cut from the buses
Advertising
Corporate Boxes etc

I doubt London Irish pay Reading FC £250,000 a year to use the stadium and get none of the income from that.
You "doubt"

That's ok then

I "doubt" that we dont get any revenue from it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2013 20:49

Uke Can't believe that there are people who really think that both RFC and LI don't have an escape clause in their rental agreement

If you rented a house as a landlord you would want to be able to tell someone to fùck off if they were bad payers

Also if the landlord sold up 51% of his house to some dodgy rental agency, the terms of the original contract may no longer be valid

They ought to have. But not necessarily. I can guarantee you that there absolutely are rental agreements with no get out clause.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2013 20:50

AthleticoSpizz
SPARTA
Hotel revenue
Cut from the buses
Advertising
Corporate Boxes etc

You "doubt"

That's ok then

I "doubt" that we dont get any revenue from it.

We do. £250,000k. And even if we do get a slice of matchday revenue. It's still pretty irrelevant in comparison to our operating costs and turnover.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Dec 2013 21:01

Hark at Lord Ian of Berkshire here

"Its irrelevant" so we are not needing their revenue, nor therefore any additionl revenue to contribute towards our running costs...?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Dec 2013 21:06

SPARTA vastly inflated wage bill we manage under AZ

Vastly inflated wage bill eh :?: In that case, Adkins really is doing a very mediocre job indeed, given these comparatively vast resources :!:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 12 Dec 2013 21:10

floyd__streete
SPARTA vastly inflated wage bill we manage under AZ

Vastly inflated wage bill eh. In that case, Adkins really is doing a very mediocre job indeed, given these comparatively vast resources :!:

Since when has money = guaranteed success? Considering the ridiculous injury list this season, and we are in the top six, I don't think mocking Adkins is valid at this stage.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Dec 2013 21:58

Ian Royal
Uke Can't believe that there are people who really think that both RFC and LI don't have an escape clause in their rental agreement

They ought to have. But not necessarily. I can guarantee you that there absolutely are rental agreements with no get out clause.

Reviewed and agreed by lawyers?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 12 Dec 2013 22:00

Thinking of this thread driving past bearwood earlier I was reminded of an interview Anton gave in sports.ru (in Russian) before the take over was completed.

- Если сделка состоится, вы будете практически жить в Англии? - If the deal goes through, you'll practically live in England? Надо быть рядом с командой? It should be close to the team?

- Абсолютно не обязательно. - Absolutely not necessary. Атмосфера в клубе такая, что нет никакой надобности что-то резко менять, а тем более рушить. The atmosphere at the club so that there is no need for something to change dramatically, much less destroy. Клубом не надо управлять вручную, надо просто улучшить коммерцию. Club does not have to manage manually, you just have to improve commerce. Есть, конечно, и спортивная составляющая, но этому надо уделять внимание, а не руководить. There are, of course, and sports component, but it must be observed, but not supervise."

Think he just got a little too into it with promotion & rush and has had to concentrate on his other businesses and new family for a while tbh. I see no reason to panic until we have genuine evidence that there is no money to spend, i.e inexplicably pulling of the training ground or the academy going hugely down hill.

Perhaps that's why Daddy has told him to stay away (if that is even true), he has other responsibilities he's neglected. Just a thought.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2013 22:05

AthleticoSpizz Hark at Lord Ian of Berkshire here

"Its irrelevant" so we are not needing their revenue, nor therefore any additionl revenue to contribute towards our running costs...?

It's pretty obvious that when you have a turnover of tens of millions and a wage budget probably in the region of £20m or more, that losing a few hundred thousand a year is going to have a negligible impact. Assuming we lose the income at all, which is nothing more than rumours. And it's not like we can lose it without notice, so it can easily be factored into budgeting.

It really is pathetic how people leap on anything even vaguely negative, no matter how concrete or how tiny it is and try to make a big deal out of it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2013 22:06

Uke
Ian Royal

Reviewed and agreed by lawyers?

PubLOLic SectoROFL.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Dec 2013 22:12

Ian Royal

It's pretty obvious that when you have a turnover of tens of millions and a wage budget probably in the region of £20m or more, that losing a few hundred thousand a year is going to have a negligible impact. Assuming we lose the income at all, which is nothing more than rumours. And it's not like we can lose it without notice, so it can easily be factored into budgeting.

It really is pathetic how people leap on anything even vaguely negative, no matter how concrete or how tiny it is and try to make a big deal out of it.
We are not losing their revenue...that was barely really in question.

The blase' attitude of some here towards the additional revenue streams (on top of our tens of millions £ turnover) is what I personally find a bit pathetic.

But then, I am from that era of that skint club having to sell all of its decent assets.

Dont particulrly want to see it again

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Dec 2013 22:27

ZacNaloen Thinking of this thread driving past bearwood earlier I was reminded of an interview Anton gave in sports.ru (in Russian) before the take over was completed.

- Если сделка состоится, вы будете практически жить в Англии? - If the deal goes through, you'll practically live in England? Надо быть рядом с командой? It should be close to the team?

- Абсолютно не обязательно. - Absolutely not necessary. Атмосфера в клубе такая, что нет никакой надобности что-то резко менять, а тем более рушить. The atmosphere at the club so that there is no need for something to change dramatically, much less destroy. Клубом не надо управлять вручную, надо просто улучшить коммерцию. Club does not have to manage manually, you just have to improve commerce. Есть, конечно, и спортивная составляющая, но этому надо уделять внимание, а не руководить. There are, of course, and sports component, but it must be observed, but not supervise."

Think he just got a little too into it with promotion & rush and has had to concentrate on his other businesses and new family for a while tbh. I see no reason to panic until we have genuine evidence that there is no money to spend, i.e inexplicably pulling of the training ground or the academy going hugely down hill.

Perhaps that's why Daddy has told him to stay away (if that is even true), he has other responsibilities he's neglected. Just a thought.

Good find Zac.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 12 Dec 2013 22:38

The things you remember when driving down dark country lanes eh?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2013 22:42

AthleticoSpizz
Ian Royal

We are not losing their revenue...that was barely really in question.

The blase' attitude of some here towards the additional revenue streams (on top of our tens of millions £ turnover) is what I personally find a bit pathetic.

But then, I am from that era of that skint club having to sell all of its decent assets.

Dont particulrly want to see it again

Well when we regularly lose £2m - £5m at this level what's a few hundred k difference? It's hardly difficult to deal with. Obviously we want to maximise revenue, but the tiny and easily balanced impact it'll have is hardly worth trying to score some "the club's badly run and we're doomed" points.

8684 posts